Final Fantasy XV

For the stuttering: What is your TRAM set to and are you using Gameworks features? Also, did you allow GFE to record clips of stuff?
I havent played it yet. Downl9aded the game overnight with the high res texture pack. I only plated the demo for a few min. Saw i wqs in love and insta tly bought the game

Digital Foundry- Final Fantasy 15 PC: Graphics/Settings Analysis

this is a scalable port that looks simply beautiful, and rewards PC gamers with a big bunch of additional extras and options over console players. Square-Enix has pushed the boat out here to really show us what their engine can do...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Just so I'm clear on this: The "High Resolution Texture Pack" is strictly for Windows 10, 1080ti beastly situations like that yes?

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with things as is. I haven't had any more problems.

Just so I'm clear on this: The "High Resolution Texture Pack" is strictly for Windows 10, 1080ti beastly situations like that yes?

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with things as is. I haven't had any more problems.

I use it on my 1080 at 1440p. It makes a very noticeable difference.

Well, minus the giant 4K video files. I mean, they'll still look better, but who gives a crap if you don't have a giant 4k TV.

My flickering monitor issue came back. Turned off gsync and it hasn't come back since. Hope they fix that soon!

Yeah, not sure. I tried full screen, windowed and border-less full screen.

DID I ASK YOU?! Kidding... do you have an ultra wide? Could be my specific monitor, too. I have the AOC AGON Ultra Wide 1440p.

I have the dell 27'' G-Sync.

I usually have g-sync issues with a number of games, but I've been running this one without any issues.

I have the dell 27'' G-Sync.

I usually have g-sync issues with a number of games, but I've been running this one without any issues.
I turned g-sync back on then put the cap at 60 FPS instead of 120 and it seems to be running fine now.

Edit - Oh yeah, but my game did crash about an hour in. So theres that, too.

I'm having some strange issues with the game- I couldn't get it to get past the launch loading screens until I screwed with the Windows virtual memory setting (system managed -> set to 4GB). After that, sure the game launches, but immediately upon exit I get a crash, sometimes hard reboot, and a few times now BSOD (IRQ and memory management).

Game itself runs... fine enough I guess?
I discovered I had 1 stick of RAM that failed. Bummer.

Yeah they have a "lifetime" warranty, so we'll see how that goes.

I also hope they want only the one bad stick as I bought them as a set (2x8GB).

I've heard good things about G.Skill's RMA service in the past, but that was several years ago. Hopefully it works out.

I also hope they want only the one bad stick as I bought them as a set (2x8GB).

Corsair was willing to advance RMA with a market-appropriate credit hold, which in my case happened to be about twice what I'd paid...

But the replacement works great :).

I turned g-sync back on then put the cap at 60 FPS instead of 120 and it seems to be running fine now.

Edit - Oh yeah, but my game did crash about an hour in. So theres that, too.

Went back to flashing. Turned g-sync off and now I'm getting a tons of grass flickering, lol. Close to throwing in the towel.

Just bought this, played the Demo and surprised myself...I had more fun than I thought!

Is there any reason to download the 4k texture pack if I'm running 1440p?

My flickering monitor issue came back. Turned off gsync and it hasn't come back since. Hope they fix that soon!

Not having G-Sync or flickering issues either. Running the high res texture pack with "windowed and full screen mode" selected. SLI 1080Ti but it's only using one card at the moment.

Not having G-Sync or flickering issues either. Running the high res texture pack with "windowed and full screen mode" selected. SLI 1080Ti but it's only using one card at the moment.
I have windowed and full screen mode selected but I still get the flickering.

Edit - I just now realized this entire time I haven't had the high res texture pack installed, lmao.

I'm installing now then will retest with G-Sync.

Just bought this, played the Demo and surprised myself...I had more fun than I thought!

Is there any reason to download the 4k texture pack if I'm running 1440p?

I am curious of this myself. Is it is truly a "texture pack" as in turning up the resolution of individual textures, then in theory it should be a benefit even at a lower global resolutions - not unlike downloading mods for The Witcher or whatnot that update/replace the models and textures that used to be 64x64 to 512x512 for a patch of stone or whathave you.

I am curious of this myself. Is it is truly a "texture pack" as in turning up the resolution of individual textures, then in theory it should be a benefit even at a lower global resolutions - not unlike downloading mods for The Witcher or whatnot that update/replace the models and textures that used to be 64x64 to 512x512 for a patch of stone or whathave you.

I answered my own question once I downloaded and installed both the game and texture packs (horray for 1Gb Fios internet!)

It is indeed a high res texture pack. Steam confused me with the "4k texture pack" label, it made me think it was only for 4k resolutions. The game looks amazing with the high res pack enabled at 1440p.

I answered my own question once I downloaded and installed both the game and texture packs (horray for 1Gb Fios internet!)

It is indeed a high res texture pack. Steam confused me with the "4k texture pack" label, it made me think it was only for 4k resolutions. The game looks amazing with the high res pack enabled at 1440p.

Ahh great to know! When I have the HDD space, I know I'll be installing the game with the texture pack included. I just hope that things will run well with my 1070 and overclocked 5960 at 1440p w/ all the goodies turned on (but not forced in Nvidia settings or whatnot) save for perhaps max AA/AF

I think I've found setting that work well with the game:

All Nvidia Overlay stuff off (this causes some stuttering)
The SpecialK mod with default settings
1440p
Resolution Scale 100%
AO: High
AF: High
AA: TAA (I really wish this game supported better AA options)
Assets On
Full Screen
Filtering Anything (doesn't seem to make a difference in performance, use whatever looks better to you)
Geomapping On
Lighting Highest
LOD High
Hairworks Off
Shadowlibs On
Turfeffects On
VXAO On
Shadows High
TRAM High

It doesn't run at a solid 60fps, but it stays in the 50s and feels smooth. I can probably tweak some things to make it hit a solid 60, but I'm pretty happy with things as is. Looks really damn good and runs good enough.

Apparently summons will cap the game to 20 FPS until you restart it. Anyone get to Chapter 5, yet, and have experienced this bug? Probably an instance of code copy pasta from the console versions.

SE released the first patch for the game. Supposedly it fixes the problem where initiating a summon would cause the framerate to drop to around 20 fps until you restart the game.

SE released the first patch for the game. Supposedly it fixes the problem where initiating a summon would cause the framerate to drop to around 20 fps until you restart the game.
Came here to post that since I just reported it this morning 2 posts above yours. It's a good sign that they fixed it so quickly.

This is the same site that boldly claimed that the game wouldn't even have DRM. With the way performance has been for people with this game a single report for a site really doesn't say much. Though it is interesting regardless. Since the pirated version also does away with the Steam API stuff and it is known that the Steam API is causing some issues for players I wonder if there is some correlation there. I'd love to see someone compare all four different versions of the game, Steam, Origin, Windows Store, and demo exe, to see what differences exist between them. If the Steam API is causing some of the performance issues then the Origin and WinStore versions should also run better than Steam.

This is the same site that boldly claimed that the game wouldn't even have DRM. With the way performance has been for people with this game a single report for a site really doesn't say much. Though it is interesting regardless. Since the pirated version also does away with the Steam API stuff and it is known that the Steam API is causing some issues for players I wonder if there is some correlation there. I'd love to see someone compare all four different versions of the game, Steam, Origin, Windows Store, and demo exe, to see what differences exist between them. If the Steam API is causing some of the performance issues then the Origin and WinStore versions should also run better than Steam.

Should be easy enough to corroborate if cracking the steam version is simply a matter of copying over the demo exe file right?

It's hard to explain how much I am enjoying this game. It's so silly and JRPG at times....like camping for example. The first time I set up camp I laughed so hard at how ridiculous it was for these guys to carry all of those supplies in their pockets. Now I really love setting up camp and cooking lol! Even looking back at Prompto's pictures is so insane ....yet so fun. I'm like 100% engrossed in this game and can't even understand why. =P

Should be easy enough to corroborate if cracking the steam version is simply a matter of copying over the demo exe file right?

For the Steam version? Yeah. Could be interesting to do a test between normal Steam, Steam with the SpecialK mod, and demo exe. I'm on spring break this week and work shouldn't be terribly busy the next couple days so maybe I'll set something up. Won't be super professional or anything as I have no idea how to record FPS data and output it into a graph, but I'll toss the framerate limiter up to 120fps, put the game on my 144hz monitor and see what happens.

It's hard to explain how much I am enjoying this game. It's so silly and JRPG at times....like camping for example. The first time I set up camp I laughed so hard at how ridiculous it was for these guys to carry all of those supplies in their pockets. Now I really love setting up camp and cooking lol! Even looking back at Prompto's pictures is so insane ....yet so fun. I'm like 100% engrossed in this game and can't even understand why. =P
It's the ultimate bro fantasy, so that's no surprise. I feel the same way when playing the game. The opening scene when you have to push the car got me going and I immediately knew it was going to be good.

It's the ultimate bro fantasy, so that's no surprise. I feel the same way when playing the game. The opening scene when you have to push the car got me going and I immediately knew it was going to be good.

Yeah. That opening scene is so good. Florence and the Machine's cover of Stand By Me sold the setting perfectly.

Back