Final Fantasy XV WIndows Edition getting the full Gameworks Treatment!

Presbytier

[H]ard|Gawd
So this looks like it will be a heavily optomised Gameworks game. Really looking forward to seeing a game fully leverage gameworks.

The Final Fantasy series is one of the best-selling videogame franchises of all time, with over 135 million copies sold worldwide. Each release employs the highest possible production values and pushes the limit of game technology with cutting-edge effects, massive worlds, and the latest rendering techniques. Last November, the critically-acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XV launched on current-gen consoles, and today at a special NVIDIA event at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany, Square Enix’s FINAL FANTASY XV Director, Hajime Tabata, made a surprise appearance to unveil FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION.

To achieve the creation of this highest-end edition of FINAL FANTASY XV, Square Enix has partnered with NVIDIA to integrate several of the world’s best real-time visual effects, courtesy of our GameWorks library, in addition to ShadowPlay Highlights, NVIDIA Ansel, and GeForce Experience’s extensive suite of features. Take a first look below in the debut trailer for FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION, and keep on reading to learn more.

Calling it now, this will be the worst performing game we've seen in years. The writing is all over the wall.

It was already using some small variants in the Xbox release, so this is no shock.

Honestly I hope it runs good (though I'm a bit concerned since it has Gameworks attached to it), it's the first Final Fantasy I wanted to play since FF10. I wasn't expecting it on PC so soon. Gives hope that FF7 Remake will be out on PC within a year of release on PS5.

Last edited:
Calling it now, this will be the worst performing game we've seen in years. The writing is all over the wall.
I doubt that. and if this is a gameworkscritique that is just silly.
Honestly I hope it runs good (though I'm a bit concerned since it has Gameworks attached to it), it's the first Final Fantasy I wanted to play since FF10. I wasn't expecting it on PC so soon. Gives hope that FF7 Remake will be out on PC within a year of release on PS5.
Gameworks does not cause games to run poorly unless you use hardware not suited for it mainly AMD.

Gameworks does not cause games to run poorly unless you use hardware not suited for it mainly AMD.

Well its clear that Hairworks is harder on a system than say TressFX. I can't really comment on the rest. But I generally keep my system powerful enough to run everything maxed out. But do feel as if GameWorks isn't optimized as well as it should be.

Well its clear that Hairworks is harder on a system than say TressFX. I can't really comment on the rest. But I generally keep my system powerful enough to run everything maxed out. But do feel as if GameWorks isn't optimized as well as it should be.
Gameworks is fine on nvidia hardware. The issue is AMD does not have any interest in making it run on their hardware well at all as they get whine about it and cry faoul. TressFX originally suffered on NVIDIA hardware as well but nvidia made sure to work on their drivers to make it work. NVIDIA gains nothing by partnering up and then releasing poorly optimised hardware effects. Think about it what company whats that level of bad PR?

Gameworks is all about trading tons of performance for that extra bit of visual quality/immersion. Personally I don't mind it at all and am looking forward to playing this game, finally.

Haven't touched a FF game since forever.

Really hoping this game runs smooth on pc. I wanted to get a ps4 to play it but figured it would eventually make its way to PC. Here's to doubling down to see ff7 remake get the same treatment. I'll buy ff15 on launch in hopes of funding a ff7 re pc port :S. FFXIV runs well and it's cross platform so we should be g2g.

I really enjoyed playing Tales of Berseria this year, I'd recommend it if you're waiting for a good pc rpg but haven't played it yet. Got about 50-60 hours out of it fulfilling all the quests.

I think Square is starting to fall in love with PC. There's this port and the Secret of Mana remake coming out alongside the ps4 and vita next year.

Back