Final Fantasy XV PS4 -Trailer

So is this more like an action platformer? Doesn't look like the turn-based combat, or even the "real-time" stuff from FF13.

It's interesting they they're trying this, but it looks clunky. They have standards like the newest Tomb Raider and Drake's Fortune when it comes to smooth action/adventure style gameplay. We'll have to wait and see some gameplay videos, but I'd hedge my bets against this one.

It's interesting they they're trying this, but it looks clunky. They have standards like the newest Tomb Raider and Drake's Fortune when it comes to smooth action/adventure style gameplay. We'll have to wait and see some gameplay videos, but I'd hedge my bets against this one.

It started as a spin-off of FF XIII called "FF versus XIII", same universe but completely new characters and story. The spin-off normally doesn’t follow normal numbered FF games, FF Tactics, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus for example. For whatever reason they made it FFXV and there you go.

I'm into the Final Fantasy aesthetic, but not so much the turn-based combat, so maybe I'll actually give this one a shot if I end up getting a PS4.

I'm no Final Fantasy apologist, but this looks pretty well realized to me. I just hope that a lot of that action actually requires action from the player. Not just some on-screen contextual button prompts and QTEs.

Tomb Raider was a beautiful pile. I hope nobody makes a game like it and that the inevitable sequel puts about 8 times more thought into the difficulty and the gameplay mechanics.

Uncharted needs an overhaul, as well. The first two were solid games with very good presentation and fun story/characters. The third game reminded us how stale a lot of the overstayed gameplay is. What felt fun enough and mostly solid at the beginning of the generation, maybe doesn't even make par anymore. In particular, the canned climbing mechanics need to go. Ucharted 2 at least tried to meld the climbing and the shooting. 3 sort of forgot about that.

Tomb Raider and Uncharted are very Indiana Jones or Romancing the Stone style action/adventure romps. We don't need every game, especially a RPG, to emulate what they did. The goal of this game is very clearly NOT anything like the other two games. The gameplay footage is also probably somewhat "early". I wouldn't expect to see this game release until lat next year, at least.

Tomb Raider and Uncharted are very Indiana Jones or Romancing the Stone style action/adventure romps. We don't need every game, especially a RPG, to emulate what they did. The goal of this game is very clearly NOT anything like the other two games. The gameplay footage is also probably somewhat "early". I wouldn't expect to see this game release until lat next year, at least.

No I get that completely but smoothness, quality, visceral response to attacks and being attacked are necessary and those games execute that well. Watching the fighting made me think it wouldnt be fun. I hope it works out for them, glad they're taking a risk.

Back