Final Fantasy XV on Xbox One X Will Run at Native 3K "1800p" Resolution

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
In a discussion clarifying the differences between the Xbox One X and PC versions of FFXV, director Hajime Tabata revealed that the former will run natively at 3K resolution (3072 x 1728 pixels, or 1800p) and then upscale to 4K via checkerboard technology. Naturally, the Windows version will support native 4K but also include NVIDIA GameWorks support and spatial sound.

Tabata-san explained that the game will support native 4K on PC, while on Xbox One X it will run natively at 3K resolution (3072 x 1728 pixels, or 1800p) and will then upscale to 4K via checkerboard technology, which is the same solution adopted on “high” visual settings on PS4 Pro. The Windows Edition will also support the NVIDIA GameWorks tech, including physics simulation, that has been embedded into the Luminous Engine. It will also include support for Windows Sonic, which is a proprietary spatial sound tech for Windows 10. This also inherently includes support for Dolby Atmos hardware.

Trust me, this game... it's not very good. It just isn't.
I know it's not. I own it and i got bored of it as soon as I found out AndrogynousEmoPrince lost his kingdom BecauseReaons.

Uhh... consoles like usual don't have top end hardware and thats' somehow Square Enix's fault?

Xbox X has enough power that other games are coming in native 4k without a problem. SQENIX is being lazy.

I know it's not. I own it and i got bored of it as soon as I found out AndrogynousEmoPrince lost his kingdom BecauseReaons.

Xbox X has enough power that other games are coming in native 4k without a problem. SQENIX is being lazy.
Does it matter if it can do 4k native? 1080p with max settings would probably look better then 4k with all the settings on low which is what any console is going to have to do to try and get 4k at over 30fps.

Or... it's that those other games simply aren't as demanding and no it does not compare to a desktop PC.

Besides, this is [H]ardforum, since when do we give 2 shits how well the console version of something is optimized when there is a superior PC version to be playing?

Considering SE's decision to ditch the engine, despite spending several million dollars on it, in favor of UE4 I think it is more likely that Luminous simply is not capable of running that well on the XBX. Don't forget, the XBX still has a pretty weak CPU so there is still a massive bottleneck in the system.

This is how the Xbox x is going to run most games. Upscaled checker boarding the only way they going to get 4k. Only games that will get native 4k are old last gen HD rereleases.

This is how the Xbox x is going to run most games. Upscaled checker boarding the only way they going to get 4k. Only games that will get native 4k are old last gen HD rereleases.

There are quite a few new games confirmed at native 4K, Forza 7, Assassins Creed Origins, the new Tomb Raider game, and others, but in 1800p's defense. Sitting back on a couch, it will be hard to tell the difference.

There are quite a few new games confirmed at native 4K, Forza 7, Assassins Creed Origins, the new Tomb Raider game, and others, but in 1800p's defense. Sitting back on a couch, it will be hard to tell the difference.
We will see when they actually come out. I bet you they all using checker board at least.

1504623713rsdc5kehv9_1_1.jpg

........I just want to say that if you find yourself on the losing-end of this debate here, cutting yourself is never the answer.

You sir, are in need of an education. They aren't "being lazy", they have a LOT going on screen...and it's not as simple as saying "it has enough power for 4k"! If you have high quality shadows, advanced lighting, a high polygon count, etc, you have to trade resolution for those effects. Seriously, go educate yourself before posting dumb comments. ESPECIALLY derogatory comments that aren't based in any kind of reality! You just embarrass yourself.

I don't see what the big deal with checkerboarding is. It looks great on my PS4 Pro. Both Sony and MS should use checkboarding, save the resources for higher settings elsewhere and call it a day.

Yea ok, but is it fun? I bet it isn't.

Now off to buy another horrid graphics game for my Nintendo switch and have tons of fun with it.

And everyone bitches it's not native 4k, when they said a few weeks ago that two 1080ti's would struggle at 4k with this game

Back