Final Fantasy XV: Luminous studio world demonstration + new info and gameplay

LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
The video we are about to show you has been made in order to give you an idea about the size of the map.
The enemies and the events are not implemented in the map.
Many exciting elements will be included in this area in the final version of the game.

New information:
The area shown is from the demo, but the actual demo will be larger and contain cut scenes.
Summoning is in the game. No further information at this time.
Monsters will be stronger/spawn new monsters at night time. Night time is to be dangerous. (What a terrible night to have a curse....lol)
Pond in the video? You can fish there.
Battle system is call ACB, Active Cross Battle. 3 buttons. Attack, Defend, Link action ("Bro attack")
You can ditch the car if you like, but its not recommended due to the world size.

Update:
1080p streaming

Walkthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnKHmB2zXcc
TechDEMO Vol.1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDx7CRtVNFA

Update 2:
1080P DOWNLOADS
http://press.na.square-enix.com/products/768p251/tech-demo-vol1

Last edited:
I hope that stupid ass car and roads aren't in the game.

Of course it is. Its an integral part of travel in the game.
Noctis is the prince of a modern kingdom, which will be, well, modern. This is the "Midgar" of the game and you will start here. There are 4-5 other kingdoms/cities that are not modern based, but fantasy. There will be various modes of travel; cars, chocobos, and perhaps boats and airships.

Here is one of the other areas not yet shown in engine:

9UgCm9F.jpg

Doesn't look like you will be using a car here...
The scope of the world is massive. As it should be, after how many years in development......

Well that sucks. I like a lot of fantasy in my Final Fantasy. This looks like an unholy mix of a RPG and an uncanny valley Japanese teen drama simulator
Hopefully the combat is good. IX and XIII-2 have been my favorite FF games. IX for the fantasy world and XIII-2 for the combat and pet fighting system.

Well that sucks. I like a lot of fantasy in my Final Fantasy. This looks like an unholy mix of a RPG and an uncanny valley Japanese teen drama simulator
Hopefully the combat is good. IX and XIII-2 have been my favorite FF games. IX for the fantasy world and XIII-2 for the combat and pet fighting system.

Some days I feel like I'm the only one that has played FF. Almost every FF has machines/tech combined with magic. That was a big theme for FF6 (which had mechsuits) using magic and the coming steam age to build new and amazing things, mostly for war.

The uber popular FF7 had trains and cars. You even got a dune buggy to travel by.

Not only are there cars, but they're driving on the wrong side of the road. FFS SE can't get ANYTHING right.

:rolleyes: ;)

Found a Japanese script. Here is all the important stuff shown:

Walking the world•The first video shown is a portion of the Dascae region which will be on the demo
•Events and enemy position removed/changed for this video to show just the walking
•You can eat and gather information at gas stations
•If you can see something in the background you can go to it
•Depending on the shape of the ground Noct and friends walking animations will change
•If you keep running you can see your friends tire and try to catch their breath
•You can fish in streams, rivers, and the ocean!
•You can fight the wildlife. As they are always active, be careful as they will attack if you get close
•There are buildings in the forest with people living in them. You can enter some of these buildings
•There are also animals that aren't enemies like cats and dogs
•In order to make the mountains the developers actually climbed one. They might show a video of them doing this one day
•Demons like the Naga or the Goblins will come out of the caves at night
•It's dangerous at night and is safer to rest at a gas station or by other means
•The party members dialogue will change in accordance to the time
•A Chocobo was shown in the forest. Look forward to finding out more in the demo
•The enemy airship patrols will sometimes land and fight you
•Magitek Armor will make an appearance. (was not meant to have been said)
•The Dascae region is as a large as 10% of the game

The Tech Demo!•Currently transferring the game from Ebony to Luminous
•Engine transferring currently 80% complete and will be 100% done by the time the demo is out
•Working with Sony and MS to help push the hardware to its limits
•Not all, but you can destroy buildings and the ground
•With the power of Luminous FFXV will far surpase FF:AC
•Another tech demo is planned to be shown at a later date

Your questions to Tabata

Q.What if I mash the attack button instead of holding it down?
A.Even if you mash the attack button the combo will still operate fine and connect together. It's possible to counter while you button mash; if you hold the button down you have to be more careful of the enemies movements and it's more strategic.

Q.Will Type0 HD be available digitally and will it come with the FFXV demo?
A.Of course

Q.Why doesn't the MP show up on the UI?
A.The battle UI is still temporary. When it is complete it will clearly show the MP

Q.I'm a little worried the game will only last 40 hours
A.The main story itself will take 40 hours. Beating dungeons and other actives will make the length of the game much longer

Next Episode Preview
Jump Festa!

Some days I feel like I'm the only one that has played FF. Almost every FF has machines/tech combined with magic. That was a big theme for FF6 (which had mechsuits) using magic and the coming steam age to build new and amazing things, mostly for war.

The uber popular FF7 had trains and cars. You even got a dune buggy to travel by.

I've played them all except XIII-3 (because I no longer has a PS3). At no point in FFVII did you hope in a boring look car and drive down a road under your own control while dressed like you were headed to a bad emo concert.

I've played them all except XIII-3 (because I no longer has a PS3). At no point in FFVII did you hope in a boring look car and drive down a road under your own control while dressed like you were headed to a bad emo concert.

Also Cloud had a big battle from a motorcycle while following a truck

Here is the buggy you get from Dio from the Gold Sauser. Which wasn't that exciting.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Buggy

And you sure you played FF? Cloud and Squall and many more are about as Emo as they come. I dare say XV looks more like a nice dudebro moment enjoying a car ride than any level of emo Cloud reaches.

Hmm..... I'm really not liking where the FF series is going here. XIII is about as far as I gotten, and I'm not about paying for a monthly sub for these games since I'm more casual and not hardcore.

Hmm..... I'm really not liking where the FF series is going here. XIII is about as far as I gotten, and I'm not about paying for a monthly sub for these games since I'm more casual and not hardcore.

FF XV is single player. No monthly sub like the MMORPGs FF XI and XIV.

Epic pop-in of animals on the right side of the road at 7:15 - 7:18 of the Gameplay trailer.

:p :rolleyes:

I'm liking the gas station-centric gameplay. I'm hoping there's at least one boss fight that occurs between the players party and a long distance truck driver over a shower stall.

Are you trying to compare a vehicle that looks like a space tank to a stupid looking modern car driving slowly down a public highway?

Zack's truck from FFVII and Crysis Core does look a lot like Mater from Cars.

Dang Gum!

Zack's truck from FFVII and Crysis Core does look a lot like Mater from Cars.

Dang Gum!

You are being ignorant and not reading anything I am writing. I don't care that the XV has a car, I care that the car looks stupid and is driving down a plain look highway that makes it look like something I drive past to get to work. Also I care that the clothing being worn by the characters is probably the new low point for attire in the series.

You are being ignorant and not reading anything I am writing. I don't care that the XV has a car, I care that the car looks stupid and is driving down a plain look highway that makes it look like something I would cruise on to get to work.

No just seems pretty trivial. If you have played any FF you’d know the moment you get an airship the ground vehicles become forgotten.

Also I care that the clothing being worn by the characters is probably the new low point for attire in the series.

EDIT: Are you sure you've played a FF? Because I could easily find over a dozen crazier than this.

Cecil from FF4 was pretty emo...
I've worn this darkened armor for so long now, there's no mote of light left in me. Not even... in my heart.

I thought the demo looked cool. I'll wait to pass judgement on the characters and story until it is released. I like the black attire more than the clown-ish half-pants crap of FFX.

Is there a newer FF game (after 9) with a really cool controllable airship? That is a theme I miss most, and I kinda expected them to do more with it, like flying battles...

Is there a newer FF game (after 9) with a really cool controllable airship? That is a theme I miss most, and I kinda expected them to do more with it, like flying battles...

FFIX is the last FF game in the sequential franchise to have an free-roam over-world map. Therefore, it is also the last FF game to have a controllable airship. :(

Am I the only one who hasn't really been into the past few FF games (loved FF7, then lost interest after 9 I believe) yet this game seems to really be pulling me in.

It just seems like quite a shake up from most other rpgs, even JRPGS, with it's open world, modern vehicle/road trip focus and your friends that come along.

Like a breath of fresh air in the rpg genre as a whole so far.

Can not wait to play this game, though that is probably far away from now.

BTW IGN just posted a developer walkthrough (not in English though). It's not off camera but only 720p, wish I could find it in 1080/uncompressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK-XY14_43c

Am I the only one who hasn't really been into the past few FF games (loved FF7, then lost interest after 9 I believe) yet this game seems to really be pulling me in.

It just seems like quite a shake up from most other rpgs, even JRPGS, with it's open world, modern vehicle/road trip focus and your friends that come along.

Like a breath of fresh air in the rpg genre as a whole so far.

Can not wait to play this game, though that is probably far away from now.

BTW IGN just posted a developer walkthrough (not in English though). It's not off camera but only 720p, wish I could find it in 1080/uncompressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK-XY14_43c

That would be me too the series doesn't know what it wants to be after the SNES success it strayed so far into Oblivion. When I played Final Fantasy X2 I was like WTF....

THE MMO isn't bad at all =)

Yar, last Final Fantasy that I really enjoyed was IX. Even though the characters were very... cartoon-y in their appearance, the depth of their characters were all so great. Especially Vivi's story.

As for X (the last proper Final Fantasy I played) all I remember about the game was the heavy metal sounding final boss theme and the black mage's impressive cleavage. It was a combination of X being so underwhelming and the, imo, cheesiness of the FF7 spinoffs that really ended my interest in the series.

Still, here's hoping that XV will be a homerun and get the series back on track.

daaaamn it looks good tho. Too bad i have such a hard time getting into FF games anymore.

FFIX is the last FF game in the sequential franchise to have an free-roam over-world map. Therefore, it is also the last FF game

Fixed that for you. I'll probably buy FF15, but I'm holding out for YT reviewers, FF13 burned me baaaad.

Fixed that for you. I'll probably buy FF15, but I'm holding out for YT reviewers, FF13 burned me baaaad.

I enjoyed 10 and 12 as FF games but I agree they are not quite "traditional Final Fantasy" games (FF12 more than 10) in that sense. The recent developer vid showing off FF15 renewed faith that it will be at least a good game but I'm still not very keen on the combat. I've pre-ordered FF Type-0 mostly for the included playable FF15 demo which is very reminiscent of when I bought Dragon Quest 8 (FF12 demo) and Tobal No.1 (FF7 demo).

FF13 burned me as well and combined with Destiny made me swear off going to midnight releases all together.

repeating trees are huge distractions... wow, at least rotate them or somethin...

other than that, it looks really cool

FF9 was the last one I played other than a month of XI. This one looks good though, I'm really looking forward to it.

Back