Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

Going from memory:
Here's the official list:
Playable Content
The quest required for promotion to second lieutenant within a Grand Company has been changed.

Before Changes After Changes
Quest Name Twisted Beliefs → Gilding the Bilious
Requirement Clear Amdapor Keep → Clear the Aurum Vale
Quest Level Level 50 → Level 47
* Players who have accepted the quest Twisted Beliefs but have yet to clear Amdapor Keep are required to abandon the quest and accept the quest Gilding the Bilious.

Airships and ferry fares have been reduced.
* Chocobo porter fees will remain the same.

Experience received from miner and botanist guildleves has been increased.

Additional details regarding quest progression have been added to the journal entries for the subquest A Relic Reborn.

Battle System
In addition to improving instance server stability, additional servers have been added for the following duties:
The Wanderer's Palace
Amdapor Keep
The number of Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy awarded for completing the following duties has been increased:
The Wanderer's Palace
Amdapor Keep
The number of Allagan Tomestones of Mythology awarded for completing the following duties has been increased:
The Wanderer's Palace
The Howling Eye (Hard)
The Navel (Hard)
Enemies in the following duties will now drop gil.
The Wanderer's Palace
Amdapor Keep
Castrum Meridianum
The Praetorium
Mechanics and enemy positioning have been adjusted in the following duties:
The Wanderer's Palace
Castrum Meridianum
Karakul can now be found in the following areas:
Coerthas Central Highlands - Dragonhead
Coerthas Central Highlands - Whitebrim
Coerthas Central Highlands - Providence Point
The respawn rate of diremites in the North Shroud has been adjusted.

Items
The following changes have been made to the materia melding interface:
The order of categories in the pulldown menu has been adjusted.
A confirmation window will be displayed when converting currently equipped gear into materia.

Unused gear will be bound to a character after engaging in battle, crafting, or gathering even once, regardless of item level.

Walnut bread is no longer sold by the Shopkeep NPC located in Eastern Thanalan - Drybone (X:13, Y:24).

System
Experience gained by botanists and miners from level 16 onwards has been increased.

The locations of level 30 gathering points in the Central Shroud have been adjusted.

Enhancing effects and enfeebling effects applied to another player or enemy by your character will now always appear to the left of all other status effects underneath the target bar.

Players will only be allowed to create a maximum of eight characters per service account every twenty-four hours.
* We have confirmed that RMT groups have been abusing low-level quests to acquire gil by repeatedly recreating characters. We realize this change also affects our customers, and we ask for your understanding as we continue to implement measures to prevent RMT activities.

Fixed Bugs

The following issues have been addressed:
An issue wherein players were able to abandon the quest to unlock levequests.
An issue wherein a player walking within a FATE range while progressing a certain levequest would cause information such as the timer and progress counter to not update properly (PlayStation 3 version only).
An issue wherein players were unable to join an instance via the Duty Finder under certain circumstances.
An issue wherein players occasionally got stuck in the terrain while using the Chocobo Porter.
An issue wherein players were detected by monsters while using the Chocobo Porter.
An issue wherein the aggro lines would occasionally not display properly during the instance “The Howling Eye (Hard).”
An issue wherein players were able to fight monsters in the instanced dungeon “Amdapor Keep” without taking any damage.
An issue wherein the Duty Finder would replenish party members for the instanced dungeon “Amdapor Keep” after defeating the last boss.
An issue wherein monsters in the instanced dungeon “Binding Coil of Bahamut - Turn 5” became immobilized under certain circumstances.
An issue wherein pets were unable to enter a specific room in the instanced dungeon “Haukke Manor.”
An issue wherein chests in the instanced dungeon “The Sunken Temple of Qarn” did not include the thaumaturge and arcanist’s weapons within the list of possible rewards.
An issue wherein players were not weakened after getting raised.
An issue wherein players were unable to use their pet’s actions while casting a spell.
An issue wherein the target rings and area-of-effect predictors did not display under certain circumstances.
An issue wherein Eos/Selene did not use “Embrace” to heal the player under certain circumstances.
An issue wherein if a player crafted immediately after receiving benefits from food, the effect of crafting actions were increased by one turn.
An issue wherein players occasionally lost the ability to control their character when trying to meld a materia that was restored from a cracked materia.
An issue wherein a player’s game client would crash, or they would lose control of their character, if they initiated a trade with another player and the opposing player canceled the trade.
An issue wherein a player changing areas after their companion is KO’d would not be able to summon their companion.
An issue wherein players were able to target their minion even if it was filtered through the character configuration settings.
An issue wherein a player would occasionally target a pet before an enemy when attempting to target the nearest NPC/object.
An issue wherein if a player attempted to perform a ground-target action, it would occasionally select a point on the ground before the player actually chose it.
An issue wherein the game client would occasionally crash if a player inserted text via the “Enter” key under certain circumstances.
An issue wherein a player’s game client would occasionally crash if they moved the “Duty List” while in the HUD layout mode and then logged out of the game.
An issue wherein if a player had their screen resolution set to “480p,” their chat window would shift to the right every time they logged into the game (PlayStation 3 version only).
An issue wherein the directional pad of a gamepad would be non-responsive when using a certain gamepad (Windows version only).
An issue wherein a character’s face would occasionally not display properly if the character was created using saved appearance data.
An issue wherein a player would occasionally lose control of the game during the character creation process.
An issue wherein a player would occasionally lose control of the game if they continuously attempted to login to a World that is full.
An issue wherein the MP value displayed on the “/macroicon” icon does not change when a player gained a level.
An issue wherein the text command “/macroicon ‘Jump’” did not display the correct icon.
An issue wherein the icon displayed via “/macroicon” did not turn red when the target was not within range.
An issue wherein a player would occasionally lose control of the game when they executed the text command “/hotbar” or “/crosshotbar” via their chat window.
An issue wherein the job levels (summoner and scholar only) displayed in the “Edit Search Info” screen was incorrect.
An issue wherein the NPC dialogue in the quest “The Ul'dahn Envoy” was incorrect. (FR only)
An issue wherein the NPC dialogue in the quest “The Lominsan Envoy” was incorrect. (DE only)
An issue wherein the NPC dialogue in the quest “The Gridanian Envoy” was incorrect. (DE only)
An issue wherein the requirements for the next job quest that displayed right before completing a job quest was displayed incorrectly.
Grammatical errors within the text found in the Duty List, Journal, and NPC dialogue.

Countermeasures have been implemented for the following issues:
An issue wherein a player would occasionally not be able to progress within an instanced battle.
An issue wherein an NPC would occasionally become non-responsive while progressing a quest.
An issue wherein the background music and the sound effects would not play properly under certain circumstances.
An issue wherein the opening would not play under certain circumstances and prevented the game from starting properly.

That's quite the list.

I'm quite happy about our DoT's now showing on the far left. Won't have to squint to try and tell what's mine now lol.

Even "UK" (eu) servers are located in North America so hopefully you aren't switching to try to alleviate lag.

Another thing I thought of that really bugged me the past week or so. Why the hell are there skill timers counting down in the Tool tip of the skill, but not on the actual skill on your hotbar? I haven't needed to care about multiple timers on my WHM but with a bunch of skills not on the GCD on my Marauder this feature would really come in handy.

Why the hell are there skill timers counting down in the Tool tip of the skill, but not on the actual skill on your hotbar? I haven't needed to care about multiple timers on my WHM but with a bunch of skills not on the GCD on my Marauder this feature would really come in handy.
This. A thousand times, this. I've even looked through the options trying to find a way to turn it on, and came up empty-handed. I need to know if I'm 15 seconds away or 5 seconds away from using my life-saving non-GCD ability as a tank.

Anyone else having issues trying to install the new patch/update? It keeps loading a 1/10th of the way then stops..

Not I. I just popped the launcher open before work this morning and didn't even notice how big the update even was. I did get a random crash to desktop right after installing it though. LoL.

Not I. I just popped the launcher open before work this morning and didn't even notice how big the update even was. I did get a random crash to desktop right after installing it though. LoL.

My game crashed a few minutes after the initial launch, but it's been stable since.

Got to lvl 14 last night on my dragoon. This is a pretty fun game imo.. actually enjoying lvling my dragoon.

The return of the 90000 error. One of my guildees in Japan got kicked out in the middle of an AK run with me last night. 90K, then 5003. We finished the run, I went back to my inn room, and sat around chatting for 10 minutes, then the same thing happened to me - 90000, 5003. Wonder what they did?

The return of the 90000 error. One of my guildees in Japan got kicked out in the middle of an AK run with me last night. 90K, then 5003. We finished the run, I went back to my inn room, and sat around chatting for 10 minutes, then the same thing happened to me - 90000, 5003. Wonder what they did?

Same shit. Ive been getting it just randomly standing around. Last night I got hit with it while turning in dailies. Was hit with it a total of 4-5 times yesterday throughout the day...

I heard lots of people complaining but I was lucky I guess. Just 1 crash from all tabbing but no errors to note.

I love how much the gathering EXP was raised. Burned through a level and a half last night before bed on both my gathering classes.

Canceled my account last night. Game is fun as hell, but I don't have the patience to wait in dungeon queues. When I login I want to run stuff; not sit for 4 hours waiting. I like to login at 3am and even though there is a queue to get on the server, I still can't get into the damn dungeon. I find that as I get older when things annoy me it's time to let them go. Really fun game otherwise. I just don't want to dedicate a 4 hour block of my time to alt tabbing and reading articles on the net while I sit in a queue.

Just curious, but you do know you can switch classes while waiting in the DF queue right? When I used to wait for AK queues on Mondays I would hop on my botonist/Miner and gather, or on to a lowbie class and run fates or quest, or spend some time making new gathering gear with my Weaver, etc. I know some people want to level a main class first with no exceptions but if you are a DPS with long queues you will drive yourself insane unless you find something else you can do while waiting.

Sorry to see you go, but if you aren't having fun I won't urge you to stay. Good luck :)

I don't have the patience to wait in dungeon queues.
This seems to be a common complaint. In addition to coffaholic's solution, many folks are turning to the old-skool system: They're asking their FC-mates to run with them. As a tank, I have instant or near-instant queue times (except for Mondays). I love helping out my guildees, and will frequently ask if any of them want to run prior to hitting up the dungeon finder. I get to run with known-competent people, and they don't have to wait. It's win-win!

That being said, if you're not having fun, there's no real point to it! You presented the most logical reason possible for quitting the game, and for that, I salute you.

Another thing you can do is make friends with either a healer or a tank, or do a shout out in the same zone as the instance looking for them. Most of the time it's an instant queue for those classes so it's in DPS's best interest to try and tag along.

Got bored last night, and went to reactivate my account. No bueno. If you cancel your service, it WON'T LET YOU BACK INTO THE ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT PAGE. You have to contact Support to have access to the page reactivated.

WTF.

WHAT? Isn't that kind of stupid? Surely they must understand how annoying that is? Not to mention how much more of a workload that will be on their own people?

WHAT? Isn't that kind of stupid? Surely they must understand how annoying that is? Not to mention how much more of a workload that will be on their own people?

Tell me about it. Now I have to wait 24-48 hours to hear back from Customer Support.

Did you just cancel your subscription? Or did you delete your service account? If you deleted your service account (not actually sure if you can do that) wouldn't that also delete the game key you used? Hence the need for some kind of CS?

Did you just cancel your subscription? Or did you delete your service account? If you deleted your service account (not actually sure if you can do that) wouldn't that also delete the game key you used? Hence the need for some kind of CS?

I simply removed the payment method, and cancelled the sub. I certainly didn't delete the service account. Not only that, but I had my original 1.0 Beta account, then the 1.0 CE Account in there.

rMeoUzF.jpg

quick question people. Will this run on xp? i dont care if its supported or not, will it flat-out work?

I simply removed the payment method, and cancelled the sub. I certainly didn't delete the service account. Not only that, but I had my original 1.0 Beta account, then the 1.0 CE Account in there.

rMeoUzF.jpg

Wow , that's super lame. Hope it gets sorted.

No idea if it will run on xp, sorry

Well earned my final 20 tomes I needed to get my Relic last night - LoL - and moved to a new server with a friend to join his friends FC. Finally got my mob from Temple of Qarn that I needed to finish my Tier 2 GC hunting log. Now to lvl my Thaumaturge(?) so I can get Quick Cast - then off to the Dark Side - and work on being a Black Mage...

Ran CM last night for the first time since the patch. I'm not sure if it's because I was running with an all-FC group, or if they nerfed the dungeon, but my goodness was it easy. I was told flat out not to ignore any mobs. Pick them all up and hold aggro. NOT easy to hold aggro on 10 mobs when the only AoE ability you really have is Flash! Especially against relic'd BLMs! The run went very quickly, with no deaths, no explanations, and no real need to talk. If the other tank was standing where the boss spawned, I'd grab the adds. If they went for the adds space, I grabbed the boss. DPS knew what to do. Healers knew what to do. Life was good.

Sadly, they only did a single run. 8 more until I can buy the item for my relic weapon!

So I have a 26 Arcanist that I was planning on making into a Summoner. However, I've decided to go Scholar instead. I've been butting stats into INT, will this screw up my healing when I turn Scholar?

Yea, it kind of will unfortunately. The Arcanist is the only class that you actually have to worry about stat points as they have 2 jobs that are opposite. Since you have put all your stats into it, you could keep levelling as a DPS and get a tome from the GC later that resets your stats if you want to become a healer. I can't remember what rank you need before you can buy the tome. I think its 10k seals.

those points don't matter so much, you can play how you want to 50 and then just change it with the GC item.

So I have a 26 Arcanist that I was planning on making into a Summoner. However, I've decided to go Scholar instead. I've been butting stats into INT, will this screw up my healing when I turn Scholar?

The stats are separate for each class.

When you change classes your stats do not "carry over"and you will be able to put stats in each class.

So do not worry about building stats for "other classes," you only need to spend your stat points for the class you currently are.

When you switch classes and level up you will gain the same stat points to put into that class.

When you change classes your stats do not "carry over"and you will be able to put stats in each class.

So do not worry about building stats for "other classes," you only need to spend your stat points for the class you currently are.

When you switch classes and level up you will gain the same stat points to put into that class.

Actually, he does have to worry about where to put the stats in his case. Since summoner and scholar are both jobs that start with arcanist, your stats will, indeed, carry over. The important thing to remember that stats don't carry over between *classes*. Jobs are a different situation.

While that's true for classes I don't think it works that way for the Arcanist job.

Got my relic weapon and shield on Saturday. Got my DL gloves on Sunday. Now I've got to figure out what I want to do with my Myth tomes. I'll have a bit over a thousand of them as of tonight. I could upgrade my relic weapon to the +1 version, or go from hoplite armor to AF+1 armor on any one piece of main gear. (All my accessories are darklight) From what I can see, Valor+Hoplite = Darklight in stats (Since I can't get JUST a headpiece, I need a head AND chest). It looks like the Valor Legs + Hoplite boots will provide the largest stat increase, but I don't know how to compare that to the threat increase from having a higher DPS weapon.

How much extra threat would a tank get from getting a weapon that's +1DPS higher? How does that compare to threat a healer doesn't generate because my armor's better?

While I'm at it, how important are secondary stats in coil? For example, my guild wants me to have 475 ACC as a tank. I'm at 490-something right now, but once I switch out of the AK gear, I'll be losing an awful lot.

Just a quick question now that ARR has been out for a while and maybe has been patched a few times by now, what are the requirements to run the game at a stable 60FPS @ 1080p? Preferably at max setting excluding stuff that are known to be buggy and cause way too much of an FPS drop.

Does the game suffer from CPU/GPU bottlenecks at certain parts to make this impossible BTW?

Mentioning your GPU/CPU combo and your average FPS would be great.

In any area with heavy population, you're not maintaining 60 fps... Just too much being rendered.

I5 3570K @ 4.4 and Xfire 7970's @ 1100/1600

Game run from Ramdisk.

Back