Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

Sorry about my Bard being a complete fail last night lol! we are world first at downing Bugged chimera though lol!

yeah that is what he is saying

stat allocation is completely separate by class.

scholar and summoner come from the same class so yeah your summoner/arcanist would be gimp if you put all your points into mind instead of intelligence.

you can always level a aranist/summoner and respec to scholar at 50 if you want to switch. you will have 10k badges and be at max GC promotion easily

Thank you.

Lol Ya, note that even if you know you can do it. Do not attempt chimera with 7 people. We bugged it twice last night and I believe that's why.

How far along do I have to be to try hydra? I was thinking chimera, then Garuda hard mode would be my next step.

You can farm coil 1 pretty easily(Easier than titan IMO), after 2 yeah, you need to be really geared.
Hell, i'm leveling a PLD for turn 4 and 5, good thing it shares gear with my WAR.

You can farm coil 1 pretty easily(Easier than titan IMO), after 2 yeah, you need to be really geared.
Hell, i'm leveling a PLD for turn 4 and 5, good thing it shares gear with my WAR.

the second boss in turn 1 is still hard though

Got a few steps further in my relic quest. Downed chimera, it was messy, but it worked lol. Finished AK, and just got my weapon back from buddy to go kill 24 mobs. Gonna finish that then head to bed.

Finally got in on Leviathon. I'd love to get an invite. Toon name is Kogan Hayashi

Finally got in on Leviathon. I'd love to get an invite. Toon name is Kogan Hayashi

I will toss you an invite when I get home tonight if you aren't already taken care of.

LoL, don't worry dremic. Just Givin you a hard time :p

I just got in on leviathin last night as well. Coming from guild wars 2 the game is really optimized. Gonna hook up surround tomorrow can't wait. In game name is Raijinn Blackwaltz can I get an invite also

So I dinged 50 BLM a few days back, and just need Praetorium to finish my main questline. I'm starting to farm Castrum for Tomestones to upgrade my gear. I haven't been in a rush to join a FC, but I'm thinking it's about time (or past time really). I'd rate myself as a serious player, but not in the really hardcore category. I know there's the Mammal (MML) [H] FC, but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of people active (true??). I see that several people on the Hard Linkshell are in Revenant, which seems pretty active. I guess I'm just looking for suggestions as to FC options from people here. I've been raiding in eq2 3-5 days a week for almost 9 years now, and am really burned out with eq2. I've been loving FFXIV.

Current main toon is Lenarr Luminos (on Leviathon of course).

Last edited:
Few questions on my 2nd night playing....this time logged in during peak hours I guess

1. Do peaks times make the game act in odd manners?

2. My 690 seems to be throttling. Last night it would run 1202mhz nonstop. Now only it certain parts does it boost, while not even all the way, and doesn't stay boosted long.

3. System settings like the 60fps limit only allow me to change the setting once. If I want to change it again I have to restart the client.

None of this happened last night when I logged in and played. Is this happening because the server is loaded? I got caught in small ques quite a bit trying to log in after client reboots. What could have happened in less than 24hrs

Is this game any fun? From all the gameplay videos I have watch it looks incredibly boring...

My friend is trying to get me into it so that we can play together but I don't know if I can stomach an MMO right now. (waiting for TESO)

Anyways, I am no stranger to Final Fantasy, I've played 6, 7, 8, 9,&10 but I'd have to say Tactics was my favorite.

What are your experiences and what should I expect from the game?

Is this game any fun? From all the gameplay videos I have watch it looks incredibly boring...

My friend is trying to get me into it so that we can play together but I don't know if I can stomach an MMO right now. (waiting for TESO)

Anyways, I am no stranger to Final Fantasy, I've played 6, 7, 8, 9,&10 but I'd have to say Tactics was my favorite.

its an mmo.

there are lots of final fantasy elements, LOTS.

combat is fun i like it, buut what makes it fun is the content.

My only knock is that when I like to play, around 2am EST in the USA, the dungeon queue is like 3 -4 hours for dps. Thus my character on Leviathan is level 22 Pugilist and 19 Arcanist and I still haven't gotten into Copperbell Mines. I just don't have the patience to wait that long, so I play something else instead.

So I took down hydra yesterday but it bugged the same as chimera did except hydra wasn't gimped and used all of its skills. Nobody got credit and we had to wait until the timer ran out because we were unable to leave. The fight was quite simple though.

Once we got bugged, I played catch up with breaking bad (on s5 e11 now) and it kind of took over. Didn't actually play much last night other than that one attempt at hydra. Will get done tonight as long as it works like it's supposed to.

I've been thinking a lot about the FC too. It was a good idea but long term I don't know if it's going to work for me. There really are only a handful of players on when I am, half of us haven't logged in in well overa week, and our class diversity (or lack thereof) makes it so pugging is necessary the majority of times. I know that gta5 probably has a lot to do with it, but I feel that I need to see the world. Maybe depending on how others feel about it, we could look at maybe merging with one of the FC's the other H members are with, or at least get some input as to whether they are liking where they are, etc. I am having fun with the game but I can't help but feel like there is more to be had and I think the FC may be it.

I gotta get back to work.

Thoughts?

I will go so far as to say I wish it was a little more... faster paced on the combat, but it's still enjoyable. I think quit a bit of that is server side lag. There's an overwhelming amount of content though.

I've been thinking a lot about the FC too. It was a good idea but long term I don't know if it's going to work for me. There really are only a handful of players on when I am, half of us haven't logged in in well overa week, and our class diversity (or lack thereof) makes it so pugging is necessary the majority of times.

I tossed you a friend request last night, to no avail. I was online most of yesterday, home sick.

Finished the main story last night - or did I? ...lol. I finished Praetorium and got my robo-chocobo - now I just need to find a way to equp it with a custom paint job and some missles and booster rockets =P.

did it throttle in towns and cities? Cpu bound.

Yep that's where it was happening. Thanks for that you were definitely right. Was running my i7 3820 at stock, Overclocked to 4.6ghz and got amazing results. Overall fps are way higher and the throttling issue I was having is gone.

As someone who only played a couple of months of WoW (some time between Burning Crusade and WotLK) and not any other MMOs...I'm a lvl 16 Lancer and it feels exactly like running around in WoW, but with FF music, story, etc.

Combat for the Lancer is fun enough, with positioning being a key factor and plenty of abilities. My off-class is a Conjurer though, and so far combat is basically one damage spell (Stone) and a bunch of heals; boring as hell. I think I get my Dragoon "jump" ability at lvl 20 or something, so that should be cool.

I can't comment on higher-lvl content yet but the game is enjoyable enough for what it is so far. If you're burnt out on MMOs (I generally don't play them) then I don't see how this would do anything for you; the quests are mostly just busywork and there's nothing revolutionary that I can see, but the writing is good and the areas look nice. I'm kind of in catch-up mode since a few of my friends already have higher level characters so I assume it'll only be more fun once I can team up.

My off-class is a Conjurer though, and so far combat is basically one damage spell (Stone) and a bunch of heals; boring as hell.

In all fairness, thats what a Conjurer is.. a healer... so it wouldnt make sense to load them with combat offense really. Stone is enough to solo quite well when combined with Aero and the Water spell the does damage, pushes them back and stuns them for a few seconds.

Go into a dungeon and be the healer for a PUG if you want exciting on a Conjurer, esp if the tank has no clue what he's doing or the DPS keep pulling aggro... then it gets "fun". :D

Sometimes I do wish for a touch more "punch" for my ConjurerWhite Mage, but then I keep in mind that its almost impossible to kill me unless I'm in so far over my head that no one would have a chance anyway.

FINALLY got a group that wasn't completely a failure for Titan and got the kill. I got my relic bow, and was sad to see what a small upgrade the relic+1 is for bards. The lvl 90 pants are a much better choice I think. Bah, I wanted a glowing bow!

FINALLY got a group that wasn't completely a failure for Titan and got the kill. I got my relic bow, and was sad to see what a small upgrade the relic+1 is for bards. The lvl 90 pants are a much better choice I think. Bah, I wanted a glowing bow!

Awesome, Grats! I've also heard that the +1 isn't the greatest of upgrades unfortunately.

I haven't even attempted Garuda hard mode yet. I figure I'm close enough to needing it for my relic quest that I will just hold out.

naw, the +1 is better through and through. dont just look at stats.

there are super in depth reddit posts on it where people did the math showing +1 being insanely better

In all fairness, thats what a Conjurer is.. a healer... so it wouldnt make sense to load them with combat offense really. Stone is enough to solo quite well when combined with Aero and the Water spell the does damage, pushes them back and stuns them for a few seconds.

Go into a dungeon and be the healer for a PUG if you want exciting on a Conjurer, esp if the tank has no clue what he's doing or the DPS keep pulling aggro... then it gets "fun". :D

Sometimes I do wish for a touch more "punch" for my ConjurerWhite Mage, but then I keep in mind that its almost impossible to kill me unless I'm in so far over my head that no one would have a chance anyway.

Yeah, I do get it...but understanding doesn't make it exciting if I'm running solo. It probably doesn't help that since it's not my main class I am basically limited to Hunting Log exp and traditional grinding since I've usually completed all the quests as a Lancer.

The game is certainly more fun when I do find people to team up with, however briefly, and I can see how it would be fun keeping everyone alive (I've played my share of TF2 Medic, lol). I've heard the FATEs later in the game can be real clusterfucks when it comes to spam and targeting, and I've noticed a bit of that in my lower-level FATEs too.

Hit 50 and starting the CM grind for darklight.

How much DL would I need to start being effective in AK (as a bard)?

you can do AK right when you hit 50. an ifrit weapon will help you a lot though. but so will the full green set from AK which is better than your AF gear.

naw, the +1 is better through and through. dont just look at stats.

there are super in depth reddit posts on it where people did the math showing +1 being insanely better

For most classes, sure. For bards, the +1 only gives 1 more damage than the standard relic. It also has skill speed which is apparently a useless stat for anyone right now. Pants change that for crit, which is the best secondary stat in the game right now (especially for bards)

Back