Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

I slayed Hydra, HM ifrit, HM garuda, and got HM titan down to 20% last night. The titan fight is so gear dependant. i was hoping to get my relic wep last night but i NEED more darklight gear to survive his attacks after 30%. what a bitch.

Spent all day yesterday mining. I thought I had it figured out. Everything I could mine would return 20-30gil per item, except for one item - Mudstone. Those were selling for 200 gil per item. They're easy enough to get, and would level me up, so I went and mined up five stacks. I come back, put them on the AH, and go to sleep. Today I woke up, and went to check my retainer. Nothing. Turns out, during the night, some jerk decided to put up a few stacks for 60 gil per. I can understand undercutting, but why on earth would you do it by such a large amount? There's now several folks trying to undercut him by a few gil. So, what was going to be a 100K payload instead is looking like a 25K return. Granted, it's only 2 hours of work, but I really was hoping for more :(
Little update on this. I decided yesterday that I would try and buy out the market. I bought every mudstone that was selling for less than me, and relisted them at my price. Cost me about 40K. Went to bed. Woke up this morning, and the average price had increased - to 150 gil per. At this point, I gave up, and reduced my prices. I've now got six stacks up at 149 gil per. Hopefully at least one of them will sell. I've got to sell 'em all at 100 gil per just to break even. I think it would have worked out a lot better if the market moved faster, like the silver ore market does.

I hit 50 last night - and I finished my class story/quest line. I now have my healers robe - which was a pretty proud moment for me..lol.

Now I need to finish the main story quest....TGIF!

I hit 50 last night - and I finished my class story/quest line. I now have my healers robe - which was a pretty proud moment for me..lol.

Now I need to finish the main story quest....TGIF!

Awesome!

Hit me up later. There are a few 8 man's you need to do at the end of your main story. We can team up and heal. We can try to find a first time group too so you don't get pressured to skip the cut scenes. That kinda ruined it for me when the group got pissed at me for watching them. I understand why, but it still sucks.

I can't believe this got to page 2 lol. It's been a bit of a ghost town the past week or so. Gta 5 seemed to have won lol.

Finally got through AK and got a few nice drops. Also took down Ifrit hard mode 3 times in a row. The Arcanist book dropped all 3 times. The fight was pretty underwhelming but a good warm up for 8 man group play.

Off to farm it some more.

I just signed on for the first time in a week.

I've been sitting on Garuda HM and Wanderer's Palace for way too long. This is what sucks about being a tank; you're expected to lead but I'm completely new to practically every dungeon I enter. And I seem to have a very short-term memory about places I've cleared in the past.

One thing I really, really like about crafting in FFXIV:ARR is that you can buy most reagents direct from a supply vendor for cheap. For instance, in the Leatherworker's guild in Gridania, there's a supplier that sells the pelts etc... you need to make all the gear up through around level 20 at very least. Does this ever stop? I can completely understand that reagents for max level, high end items in any Discipline of the Hand will likely have to be acquired in battle or via equally high level Land/gather disciplines. However, in terms of leveling up, can you always find a vendor willing to sell crafting components that will raise you from level 1 to 50 in a craft, somewhere? Or is there some point where there are no more vendor-bought items you need to level, and have to go to player auction houses etc... ?

I just signed on for the first time in a week.

I've been sitting on Garuda HM and Wanderer's Palace for way too long. This is what sucks about being a tank; you're expected to lead but I'm completely new to practically every dungeon I enter. And I seem to have a very short-term memory about places I've cleared in the past.

Watch some youtube video's or read some walkthroughs!

One thing I really, really like about crafting in FFXIV:ARR is that you can buy most reagents direct from a supply vendor for cheap. For instance, in the Leatherworker's guild in Gridania, there's a supplier that sells the pelts etc... you need to make all the gear up through around level 20 at very least. Does this ever stop? I can completely understand that reagents for max level, high end items in any Discipline of the Hand will likely have to be acquired in battle or via equally high level Land/gather disciplines. However, in terms of leveling up, can you always find a vendor willing to sell crafting components that will raise you from level 1 to 50 in a craft, somewhere? Or is there some point where there are no more vendor-bought items you need to level, and have to go to player auction houses etc... ?

Yep! You have the luxury up until about lvl 20. Then you hope and pray that it can be farmed through bot/min because if its a mob drop you will be paying out the ass for it.

Aww, only level 20? Damn, here I was hoping they were going to extend that and really innovate completely. Paying out the ass for mob drops, just to build things to skill up, that you may not need, and others may not pay for because they're making the same items to skill up etc... is frustrating in many MMOs. I can understand reagents for ultra rare or the high quality variants being drop or farm-only, but don't make us farm and pay out the ass for general skill-up recipes. In any case, thanks for the info.

Aww, only level 20? Damn, here I was hoping they were going to extend that and really innovate completely. Paying out the ass for mob drops, just to build things to skill up, that you may not need, and others may not pay for because they're making the same items to skill up etc... is frustrating in many MMOs. I can understand reagents for ultra rare or the high quality variants being drop or farm-only, but don't make us farm and pay out the ass for general skill-up recipes. In any case, thanks for the info.

I hear ya. Kind of just like real life though. There are some who will go out and level the crafts and they will provide a service to those who dont want to take the time to do it. Sadly crafting is pretty useless right now. Hopefully they make some changes in the future.

I've been with 4 parties to try and beat Titan and each party I was with could not beat the damn guy. Any tips on this besides not getting hit by his edge knock-off aoe? Its getting pretty annoying, especially with the fact that I have to wait 30 mins just to find a party in the duty finder every time. I'm a lvl 35 bard if that helps any.

I've been with 4 parties to try and beat Titan and each party I was with could not beat the damn guy. Any tips on this besides not getting hit by his edge knock-off aoe? Its getting pretty annoying, especially with the fact that I have to wait 30 mins just to find a party in the duty finder every time. I'm a lvl 35 bard if that helps any.

you would need to tell us what went wrong besides landslide ( knock-off attack or do you mean jump )

We pretty much lose because one person always falls off from the landslide. If one person dies, we all die. There is essentially no way to save that character, right?

Is there a way to lessen the damage done by the jump he does?

I've gotten close to beating him (we beat his heart) but someone always dies. Thats the furthest i've gone. Otherwise, the party just dies from the damage of him jumping or falling off.

I guess its just a matter of finding a really good party. 2 of my healers were like "i won't heal you unless you stay next to me" bs.

you are right on no saving part
you fall off you are done till next attempt
as far as jumping damage you go to edge of red circle further away less damage you take but make sure you don't get over red line because if you do - jump will knock you down below
if people are still dying from jump even if they are standing @ edge
it just means people have shit gear and yes it's kind of important to not stay too far from healer because of limited heal range of medica 1 which is only 15 meters

The AOE in this game is easily avoidable. People just seem to have bad reflexes. Want proof? People actually think the Demon Wall at Ampador Keep is hard.

When I fought Titan, it was the mages who kept falling because they thought they could outcast Titan during his AOEs.

Last edited:
The AOE in this game is easily avoidable. People just seem to have bad reflexes. Want proof? People actually think the Demon Wall at Ampador Keep is hard.

When I fought Titan, it was the mages who kept falling because they thought they could outcast Titan during his AOEs.

people just dont understand how it works im pretty sure

get out of the red circle, the animation doesnt do damage

My wife and I were really really into FFXI for like 7 years. I finally gave it up about a year ago. Now she's bought an Asus X750 laptop to play FFXIV and she's trying to get me to play it, too, but I think I'd rather do other things. What should I do? :D Best answer gets a ginger cookie.

hey all, im having trouble with the leves of hawthorne levequest. i'm told to go do the trial quest by a girl named qinya but can't find anything in the orange circle on the map. there is no "initiate" button to click from the journal nor are there any icons, items or people to talk to that i can see.

halp?

sorries for noob.

hey all, im having trouble with the leves of hawthorne levequest. i'm told to go do the trial quest by a girl named qinya but can't find anything in the orange circle on the map. there is no "initiate" button to click from the journal nor are there any icons, items or people to talk to that i can see.

halp?

sorries for noob.

You have to find your leve mob close to town and use the /beckon command on it to lead it to safety I believe.

I got rid of my last piece of gear you get from your class quest. Replaced with lvl 60 gear from AK. I pretty much have AK and Ifrit hard mode on farm until I get my items. Have to down chimera for my relic too. Gonna be busy tonight.

*sigh* Nerds gonna nerd. Downloaded the soundtrack from iTunes (38 Tracks) so I can listen at work. Just got back into it after dabbling with Linux for a while... Game runs very well, and looks damn good on this "gaming" monitor.

Well, I cancelled my subscription... there were few factors for it:
1) Lack of any job customisation - if you are PLD, you have to tank, you can't even think of DPS
2) Meaningless stats. It does not matter if you place that +1 to parry or to +crit hit, the differences are so small, that any form of trying to build a proper character are invalid
3) Lack of gear customisation. Everyone looks the same, and you have to choose between either Purple clown or a gimped char.
4) Level of a story. Seriously, I was not expecting Imperial Agent story, but at least some decency should be shown, and not "Waaaah, the Evil Empire and Even More Evil Mages", and doing things like dancing to cabbage heads to progres the quests
5) What made the game mostly unplayable for me were fake EU servers. They might be marked as EU, but they still in Canada, and 300ms is normal gaming latency... and in dungeons or fates that became a problem.

1) Lack of any job customisation - if you are PLD, you have to tank, you can't even think of DPS
2) Meaningless stats. It does not matter if you place that +1 to parry or to +crit hit, the differences are so small, that any form of trying to build a proper character are invalid
3) Lack of gear customisation. Everyone looks the same, and you have to choose between either Purple clown or a gimped char.
4) Level of a story. Seriously, I was not expecting Imperial Agent story, but at least some decency should be shown, and not "Waaaah, the Evil Empire and Even More Evil Mages", and doing things like dancing to cabbage heads to progres the quests
5) What made the game mostly unplayable for me were fake EU servers. They might be marked as EU, but they still in Canada, and 300ms is normal gaming latency... and in dungeons or fates that became a problem.
I felt that I'd offer counterpoints for anyone looking at buying the game:

1) Tanking classes tank. This is not WoW.
2) At low levels, the stats don't mean much. By endgame, if you're focusing on the wrong stats, your entire group will suffer.
3) Gear can be dyed. The vanity thing should be coming out soonish.
4) The main storyline is amazing, in my opinion. The only MMO I've ever seen that compares is SWTOR.
5) Legitimate complaint.

If you're on Leviathan and still need a hand - hit me up tonight - Xerack Silverflame - I'm usually on around 6pm pst.

*edit - moved text from top to bottom...think this is probably how it should be lol*

1) You rolled a tank and you're mad that you can't DPS? Not sure if serious...

I felt that I'd offer counterpoints for anyone looking at buying the game:

1) Tanking classes tank. This is not WoW.
2) At low levels, the stats don't mean much. By endgame, if you're focusing on the wrong stats, your entire group will suffer.
3) Gear can be dyed. The vanity thing should be coming out soonish.
4) The main storyline is amazing, in my opinion. The only MMO I've ever seen that compares is SWTOR.
5) Legitimate complaint.

I would like to add:
1) As a PLD, your job is to tank. If you would like to deal damage then you can level a DPS class. The best part about this is yo don't have to roll a whole new toon to do it. This is one big plus for me here. In the past I would have a ton of toons depending on what I wanted to do. This became a huge problem remembering who had what in their bags, achievements spread over multiple toons, etc. One toon to rule them all!

2) there really isn't much you can do with them. It's pretty straight forward what stats you need for a particular class. Stat bonuses are also Per class. So just because you leveled PLD first and used your stats accordingly, you will not be gimped when you roll a WHM because you get a new pool of stat points to distribute as you level.

3) nothing to add
4) I was captivated by the story. Read every word of it and thought it kicked ass.

5) nothing to add

Yeah! It stinks when people expect you to do what your job's meant to do!

As a White Mage I should be up there tanking. Screw healing! Tank-Heal-DPS Holy Trinity be damned!

Yeah! As a PLD you should be able to put all your points in Strength so you can be top of parse! Who cares if you lose out on a couple hundred hit points! (see screw the trinity above)

If only they had said they were adding vanity slots in 2.1 update!

Yeah, it's Star Wars all over again! There's even Wedge and Biggs!

This I actually do agree with, not sure why they didn't put EU servers in EU.

How do you reset your skill points? So when I'm tanking I can have more HP and when I'm healing I can have more healing power.

you buy an item from your GC

its 10k badges

That doesn't sound like fun at first glance. Well when you're 50 is there a need for badges other than respecs? I could see myself swapping specs multiple times a day at level 50.

That doesn't sound like fun at first glance. Well when you're 50 is there a need for badges other than respecs? I could see myself swapping specs multiple times a day at level 50.

not much need for them at 50 no

you shouldnt be respeccing often, stat allocation is broken just like it was in diablo 2. really only one real spec.

the only exception is arcanist which has two jobs but only one stat allocation. so if youre scholar you put all your points into mind making your summoner super weak.

How do you reset your skill points? So when I'm tanking I can have more HP and when I'm healing I can have more healing power.

Are you talking about doing them both with the same class?

Your stat points are separate for each class. If I get to lvl 20 with WHM and put the 6 stat points into mind, when you change to a lvl 1 Marauder, those 6 points that you put into mind are no longer relevant since you are using a different class.

The only time I would see those tomes as useful is if you rolled a tank class but thought you wanted more MP so you tossed stat points into piety.

Edit: dremic has a good point about the Arcanist. Forgot about their dual roles.

Yeah! It stinks when people expect you to do what your job's meant to do!

As a White Mage I should be up there tanking. Screw healing! Tank-Heal-DPS Holy Trinity be damned!

Yeah! As a PLD you should be able to put all your points in Strength so you can be top of parse! Who cares if you lose out on a couple hundred hit points! (see screw the trinity above)

If only they had said they were adding vanity slots in 2.1 update!

Yeah, it's Star Wars all over again! There's even Wedge and Biggs!

This I actually do agree with, not sure why they didn't put EU servers in EU.

In WoW, Rift and ToR, I can switch my tank to DPS in a matter of seconds, and I'll still be same class, with same looks of armor but just be DPS - I know I can roll a lancer or pugilist, but I'd love to play a sword and shield, full plate DPS class, and the game does not have it.

I was hoping for something else, got something else, so I'm leaving the game. There were much more things I didn't like to the things I liked, so no point of playing. I wrote what I didn't like, I don't blame people for disagreeing with me, you might have different expectations, different views on the elements of game. And if you like it, then good luck to you :)

And that's the part I'll miss most - the community. For a MMO with still people on free month, it was very decent - people used to trvel half of the map to raise you, or just stood there healing other folks. Too bad that cross-server duty Finder didn't let building up server community (though they fixing it with the market board or how you call that thing :p that will be introduced in nearest future).

Are you talking about doing them both with the same class?

Your stat points are separate for each class. If I get to lvl 20 with WHM and put the 6 stat points into mind, when you change to a lvl 1 Marauder, those 6 points that you put into mind are no longer relevant since you are using a different class.

The only time I would see those tomes as useful is if you rolled a tank class but thought you wanted more MP so you tossed stat points into piety.

Yes, I rerolled from Goblin to Leviathan so I never got higher than level 30. I'm leveling as an Arcanist atm with some friends and I got my Pugilist to level 22 or so. So what you're saying is that the points I spent in Pugilist have nothing to do with Arcanist. But what Dremic is also saying is that if I make a Scholar then my Arcanist will be gimped until I respec.

Is there a repository for information on this? I only really get to play when my buddies are off work so leveling is kinda slow now. :)

Yes, I rerolled from Goblin to Leviathan so I never got higher than level 30. I'm leveling as an Arcanist atm with some friends and I got my Pugilist to level 22 or so. So what you're saying is that the points I spent in Pugilist have nothing to do with Arcanist. But what Dremic is also saying is that if I make a Scholar then my Arcanist will be gimped until I respec.

Is there a repository for information on this? I only really get to play when my buddies are off work so leveling is kinda slow now. :)

yeah that is what he is saying

stat allocation is completely separate by class.

scholar and summoner come from the same class so yeah your summoner/arcanist would be gimp if you put all your points into mind instead of intelligence.

you can always level a aranist/summoner and respec to scholar at 50 if you want to switch. you will have 10k badges and be at max GC promotion easily

Back