Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

For what it's worth, GMG looks to be up to their same old tricks. There out of standard edition keys but yet still have it up for pre-purchase; the CE doesn't look to be affected, buyers are getting their keys no problem.
One of my buddies was lucky enough to get a refund, which GMG can be notoriously difficult to work with in this department.

I purchased from GMG today and here's the email I got:

Thank you for pre-ordering FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. As a valued customer, you are now entitled to the following rewards:

Early Access: Allowing access to the game servers ahead of the official launch, get your head start and make your mark in the realm of Eorzea.

Mog Cap: Show your love of FINAL FANTASY and strut around the world of Eorzea in this Moogle themed hat. Kupo!

Cait Sith Doll Minion: On sabbatical from Shinra and looking for adventure, Cait Sith will join your party as a non-combat pet when you pre-order the game.

Please find your unique 18-digit code contained in this confirmation email.

Please go to http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com and input a valid email address. You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code to unlock Early Access to the game along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content.

The email didn't contain a code even though it said that it would, but my guess is that it's a boiler plate email and they just didn't add the code but instead added the preorder link.

The only odd thing about this is that it seems like anyone could register for pre-order even folks who didn't actually preorder.

This whole thing is a bit strange.

I purchased from GMG today and here's the email I got:

The email didn't contain a code even though it said that it would, but my guess is that it's a boiler plate email and they just didn't add the code but instead added the preorder link.

The only odd thing about this is that it seems like anyone could register for pre-order even folks who didn't actually preorder.

This whole thing is a bit strange.

I'm assuming your ordered the standard edition, because that's the same email my friend received. I would ask for a refund, I just don't want to see anybody who preordered getting jipped out of head start when all the other outlets have provided the appropriate keys.

I'm assuming your ordered the standard edition, because that's the same email my friend received. I would ask for a refund, I just don't want to see anybody who preordered getting jipped out of head start when all the other outlets have provided the appropriate keys.

This is what GMG posted at https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/...Fantasy-XIV-Pre-orders-and-Early-Access-codes

We are aware of the confusion that is currently surrounding this title. We are in communication with Square and are waiting for 100% confirmation of the process before we communicate the final process to you.

We understand that at this time, it is frustrating as you don't have the necessary information to activate your Early Access code but we are doing this to ensure we minimise the amount of communication you receive, and that the info you receive is correct!

We are truly sorry for any confusion caused by these events - we are working directly with Square to get the correct info for you as soon as possible.

Regards,
GMG Team

I went ahead and ordered the game from Amazon, which did email me with an actual code, and I will receive a $5 Amazon credit which brings the purchase price down to 24.95 which is only a couple bucks more than GMG and hassle free.

Requesting a refund from GMG now.

Back from vaca...missed a lot in this thread. Haven't had time to go back and start reading from 8/5 last week. Did I miss anything vital? Was told by a buddy that open beta is only this upcoming weekend. We're still keeping the characters we make I'm hoping, if everything pans out with their bug finding process.

I think I'll grab physical collector's copy from the square enix site instead of going digital with GMG this time around.

I pre-order from Green Man Gaming back in July 6. The email I received from them has a CD-KEY. So maybe they did sell out of keys.

Last edited:
Bah, GMG shows out of stock now. Was going to pick it up this morning. I don't care about the headstart as I probably won't have time to play early anyway, but was looking forward to only paying 22 bucks :p

Oh well, I'll wait I guess and see if it comes back.

Back from vaca...missed a lot in this thread. Haven't had time to go back and start reading from 8/5 last week. Did I miss anything vital? Was told by a buddy that open beta is only this upcoming weekend. We're still keeping the characters we make I'm hoping, if everything pans out with their bug finding process.

I think I'll grab physical collector's copy from the square enix site instead of going digital with GMG this time around.

i thought the physical copies of the CE were sold out

I pre-order from Green Man Gaming back in July 6. The email I received from them has a CD-KEY. So maybe did they sell out of keys.

are you sure that wasnt the preorder key? that gives you early access and the pre order items?

i thought the physical copies of the CE were sold out

Looking now, it seems that I can't really find a physical collector's copy anywhere on the suggested links they have (Best Buy, GameStop, etc.). Lame...anyone know where to snag a collector's physical copy for PC?

[L]imey;1040115829 said:
Bah, GMG shows out of stock now. Was going to pick it up this morning. I don't care about the headstart as I probably won't have time to play early anyway, but was looking forward to only paying 22 bucks :p

It's only 24.50 when buying from Amazon and you still get early access.

are you sure that wasnt the preorder key? that gives you early access and the pre order items?

Don't think so. The email says the key gives;

"Early Access: Allowing access to the game servers ahead of the official launch, get your head start and make your mark in the realm of Eorzea."

So I think I am ok. knock on wood. I will let you know once early access starts ;). Hopefully I wont be SOL.

Looking now, it seems that I can't really find a physical collector's copy anywhere on the suggested links they have (Best Buy, GameStop, etc.). Lame...anyone know where to snag a collector's physical copy for PC?

Had to settle for the PS3 collector's edition (already had PC from 1.0 any way), they've been sold out since sales went up. If you really want, you can probably find the PC CE on ebay for an overblown price after they're sent out.

Had to settle for the PS3 collector's edition (already had PC from 1.0 any way), they've been sold out since sales went up. If you really want, you can probably find the PC CE on ebay for an overblown price after they're sent out.

I'll take another few looks to see if I can find one anywhere, otherwise I'll just do digital collector's. I like to be able to hold the books and other misc. goodies.

I'll take another few looks to see if I can find one anywhere, otherwise I'll just do digital collector's. I like to be able to hold the books and other misc. goodies.

GF and I are suckers for the physical goodies, we don't mind sharing one copy though, haha.

only CE i ever bought was FFXIV 1.0 heh.

the physical goodies are way better for 2.0 too. i got like a FFXIV journal book or some gay shit. atleast I still have the authenticator thingie, and i broke the box out onto my desk in preperation for release

It's only 24.50 when buying from Amazon and you still get early access.

I don't see this price at amazon. Still shows up at 30 for me.

EDIT: GMG restocked apparently, got mine for 22.50. :)

Last edited:
[L]imey;1040116511 said:
I don't see this price at amazon. Still shows up at 30 for me.

Not exactly sure why I said $24.50, it's actually $24.96. The pre-order price is $29.96 but you get a $5 Amazon credit. Conceivably you will buy other stuff from Amazon at some point soon.

Ah gotcha, Thanks Thule.

Anyone got a link to the beta client? I'm in the beta but never had time to play it. Evidently the client will be the same going forward, but I lost mine to a failed SSD. Need to redownload.

Scratch that I found it

Bah, you can't update right now, so no pre-downloading for me :p

Last edited:
[L]imey;1040116563 said:
Ah gotcha, Thanks Thule.

Anyone got a link to the beta client? I'm in the beta but never had time to play it. Evidently the client will be the same going forward, but I lost mine to a failed SSD. Need to redownload.

The beta client that was used for the previous phases will not work going forward. The client you will be downloading for Phase 4/Open beta is essentially the launch client minus some graphic stuff iirc. They have not yet released the new client for download yet.

The new client has been released. The link to it is in the beta forums. Sadly I cannot access those forums or my FC's forums to get the link from work. If no one's posted it by tonight I'll post it when I get home.

Edit: Never mind. dremic got it ^^^^^

Oh yeah, the initial downloader is available, but none of the actual game files can be downloaded right now.

I got the downloader installed, but when you run it, it says "this page is under maintenance"

So nothing downloads.

[L]imey;1040116677 said:
Oh yeah, the initial downloader is available, but none of the actual game files can be downloaded right now.

I got the downloader installed, but when you run it, it says "this page is under maintenance"

So nothing downloads.

correct. however its still the client we will be using for phase 4 and for the official release.

announcement regarding the P4 schedule should be coming soon along with when we can download the rest of the files.

correct. however its still the client we will be using for phase 4 and for the official release.

announcement regarding the P4 schedule should be coming soon along with when we can download the rest of the files.

Isn't Open Beta (Phase 4) only 17-19?

Starts Friday (16) for those who were in Phase 3 and previous betas. Then Saturday and Sunday for those who were not in the previous betas. My guess is it ends Monday around 2am in the morning (MST)

yes. however they still need to announce what time they go live and when it ends on monday

How about you shut your whore mouth? Jk.

I can't wait to play some more this weekend, haven't touched it since the first weekend P3 was up.

I've heard really good things so far. I love MMO's (though with my new baby I hardly have time for them) but I've always had a soft spot for FF as well.

The benchmark looks gorgeous, I hope xfire issues are worked out.

I hear is very casual friendly, so here's hoping I can enjoy it for my 15 bucks a month worth.

Can all races be all classes/jobs?

I am planning on white mage (because I love healing classes)

[L]imey;1040116791 said:
I've heard really good things so far. I love MMO's (though with my new baby I hardly have time for them) but I've always had a soft spot for FF as well.

I hear is very casual friendly, so here's hoping I can enjoy it for my 15 bucks a month worth.

I believe they all can be, yes. Also it's only $12.99 if I recall. Not that 2 bucks is massive by any means, but it's nice.

Has anyone tried the PS3 beta? I want to pick this up for the PS3 (just because) and I can put it with it being mediocre until the PS4 version comes out. If it just stinks though, I can wait or play on the PC.

Will characters transfer between all three versions?

[L]imey;1040116791 said:

any race can be anything they want.

How about you shut your whore mouth? Jk.

I can't wait to play some more this weekend, haven't touched it since the first weekend P3 was up.

:9

how was vegas man? i hope you did it right..

:9

how was vegas man? i hope you did it right..

Well, you know I had to at least see the main strip (never fucking again). We went to Fremont as well, and then did Grand Canyon. We also went to the Ghetto (which was basically everything outside of the main strip). ;)

Well, you know I had to at least see the main strip (never fucking again). We went to Fremont as well, and then did Grand Canyon. We also went to the Ghetto (which was basically everything outside of the main strip). ;)

whered you go at freemont? there is a bunch of good bars over there; its my main spot. somebody got stabbed in the heart down there though. maybe that was this weekend

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/c...abbing-panhandler-puts-las-vegas-man-hospital happened in july. crazy though

whered you go at freemont? there is a bunch of good bars over there; its my main spot. somebody got stabbed in the heart down there though. maybe that was this weekend

I'm sick, I actually died laughing at that. But seriously though, that's fucked up...I did have a weird guy with a beard and a black shirt just stand there while I was sipping my beer and eating a hot dog. He said "hi there", then tried to get me to give him money. He walked away after I laughed. Good thing I didn't wear any of my nicer clothing or nicer watch.

We went to that "D" bar, there was some psycho spinning bottles and shit on top of the bar, and then we went to a few of the other joints (can't remember their names). Got pretty hammered.

Sounds like a pretty good weekend :)

Now that the baby is out, my wife wants a weekend in vegas asap :p

We're lucky b/c it's only a 3 hour drive.

Back on topic, what kind of benchmark scores have people been hitting with the new benchmark that has the character creator?

[L]imey;1040116914 said:

Back on topic, what kind of benchmark scores have people been hitting with the new benchmark that has the character creator?

I hit 13,750 the last time I ran it. Based off that score they've made some noticeable improvements in terms of performance for the prior benchmark or maybe it's Nvidia 326.41

[L]imey;1040116914 said:

i got 15k @ 1080p with SLI 670s

11.3k for the main rig in my sig, with the 7950 OCed to 1100/1575. Believe I got 8.5k out of my spare rig, with the 7850 OCed to 1000/1375.

The Phase 1/2 Beta clients, as well as the previous two benchmarks, were not optimized at all and would not use 100% of the GPU. The Phase 3 client, as well as this latest benchmark, are now properly utilizing 100% of the GPU, and the performance boosts have been substantial and noticeable.

Last edited:
I hit 11.2k with Xfire disabled on my sapph 7970. Hoping for 20k when xfire is finally usable.

Back