Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

Open beta characters aren't going to be wiped are they?

So for all intents that is the "real" start.

Yes, we get to keep our open beta characters as long as they don't find any major bugs they said. So basically if they don't find any major bugs that screw up leveling or the economy in some way we should be fine.

Is there a client to download or anything? I can't seem to find a place to enter my key.

Is there a client to download or anything? I can't seem to find a place to enter my key.

Not yet. Producer has a live thing on 8/8 and will announce when open beta starts and probably when headstart starts as well as other things.

Out of curiosity, how do you take screenshots in the character creator? Print Screen doesn't seem to do it. I'd like to get some opinions on my characters!

Out of curiosity, how do you take screenshots in the character creator? Print Screen doesn't seem to do it. I'd like to get some opinions on my characters!

Print Screen works for me. I just have to paste them into an image editor like paint, photoshop, etc each time.

Print Screen works for me. I just have to paste them into an image editor like paint, photoshop, etc each time.

Hmm when I tried to paste it in paint earlier, all I got was a black screen. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Did you not see my last reply to you?

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040096828&postcount=1252

Taken from the page you entered your preorder email on....

Enter your email address below and we'll notify you when you can return to the site to redeem your code and download the game to get ready for the start of Early Access and play with your in-game items.

Patience grasshopper.... patience..... ;)

Last edited:
Did you not see my last reply to you?

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040096828&postcount=1252

Taken from the page you entered your preorder email on....

Patience grasshopper.... patience..... ;)

No offense, but If I would have seen your reply, I wouldn't have asked a similar question. ;)

I saw the pre-order page, but it also contradicted the email I had received with my code. I was just trying to get some clarification and since it appears this game does not have official forums (at least none that I can find), I asked here. Also, it's not about patience... Every MMO I have ever played had a place to submit pre-order codes, so this method is a bit foreign to me. Thanks anyways.

No offense, but If I would have seen your reply, I wouldn't have asked a similar question. ;)

I saw the pre-order page, but it also contradicted the email I had received with my code. I was just trying to get some clarification and since it appears this game does not have official forums (at least none that I can find), I asked here. Also, it's not about patience... Every MMO I have ever played had a place to submit pre-order codes, so this method is a bit foreign to me. Thanks anyways.

I just know how easy it is to skim a long thread and miss a post, we've all done it. ;)

I would trust the SE pages/emails for accurate info more than any info you get from a preorder place (Amazon, GameStop, etc), along with the dev posts that have been pretty great about keeping the players informed as to whats going on.

I've seen other games give out codes before they could actually be entered, so its not that surprising really. Better to get them out early than wait until the last minute and then have some glitch stop the process cold on test/launch day. At this point I think there would be riots LOL.

I'm still messing with the character creator myself... came up with what I think is my best attempt at a Miqo'te so far, but I'm sure I'll be messing with it right up until beta/early access so perhaps I'll find an even better one.

Read my comment.That benchmark score WAS from 2560x1440 which is the resolution I play at. KKTHX. ;) I originally forgot to put in the resolution hence the edit in my post.

I did. The comment wasnt necessarily towards you pal. You asked the question, I answered and responded the way I did because some people seem to be just trying to get the highest score they can get lol. To me, its pretty obvious. You use the benchmark tool to benchmark your system at the specs you intend to play at so you know if you can play at that level. Common sense aint so common I suppose..

Cool your turbos brah :D

I did. The comment wasnt necessarily towards you pal. You asked the question, I answered and responded the way I did because some people seem to be just trying to get the highest score they can get lol. To me, its pretty obvious. You use the benchmark tool to benchmark your system at the specs you intend to play at so you know if you can play at that level. Common sense aint so common I suppose..

Cool your turbos brah :D

benchmarks are to make sure you can run the game but also to determine how your computer is performing. standard benchmark is 1080p for sure. It is the best way to determine how your computer holds up against others.

benchmarks are to make sure you can run the game but also to determine how your computer is performing. standard benchmark is 1080p for sure. It is the best way to determine how your computer holds up against others.

The ffxiv benchmark was released to show you how your system would fare with the game. "Standard" res is whatever the hell you plan to run your game at....

Why would you give a shit what a score was on a resolution you don't game on.. makes no sense.

Last edited:
The ffxiv benchmark was released to show you how your system would fare with the game. "Standard" res is whatever the hell you plan to run your game at....

Why would you give a shit what a score was on a resolution you don't game on.. makes no sense.

In case you're ever thinking of upgrading to a different resolution and/or hardware config and would like to get a feel for relative performance increase/decrease. The good folks that compile benchmark scores along with the hardware config that produced said scores aren't doing that simply because they're bored and have nothing else to do.

are you serious?

I game at 2560x1440. how many people do you think game at that resolution? how am i supposed to know if the game is working properly or my computer is properly playing the game if i am scoring at a different resolution. they have completely different purposes. i ran the bench mark at my native resolution to see my score and avg fps. and then i ran it at 1080 to see if i am keeping up with people with similar setups.

are you serious?

Yes. My original response was too..

Than I should put in my resolution. Which is 2560x1440.

OF COURSE you should run a benchmark for a specific game that was made to tell you how your system would run with said game at the settings you plan to play the game at..

In response to..

I game at 2560x1440. how many people do you think game at that resolution? how am i supposed to know if the game is working properly or my computer is properly playing the game if i am scoring at a different resolution. they have completely different purposes. i ran the bench mark at my native resolution to see my score and avg fps. and then i ran it at 1080 to see if i am keeping up with people with similar setups

You must be really dense. Because if it wasn't supposed to run at that res it wouldn't have run the benchmark. If it let you run at that res and the bench came back and said "hey you're good at "whatever settings"", guess what? You're good! 2560x1440 isn't some crazy res no one games at...

Apparently you have no idea what you're going on about so just...

shh.

PS: Yes, I run at 2560x1440. Yes, I ran the bench at the same res. Yes, it functioned fine...

Last edited:
Yes. My original response was too..

OF COURSE you should run a benchmark for a specific game that was made to tell you how your system would run with said game at the settings you plan to play the game at..

In response to..

You must be really dense. Because if it wasn't supposed to run at that res it wouldn't have run the benchmark. If it let you run at that res and the bench came back and said "hey you're good at "whatever settings"", guess what? You're good! 2560x1440 isn't some crazy res no one games at... Apparently you have no idea what you're going on about so just...

shh.

hahahhahaha yeah man. all kinds of people outside of hard forum game at 2560x1440.

give me a break kid.

some how i am dense because you dont understand the concept of comparison.

LMGTFY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison

edit: nice ninja edits btw

here is some more information for you sense you seem unable to figure things out on your own

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Te...cial-Post-your-Character-Creation-Benchmarks!

tons of 2560x1440 people in there huh breh

hahahhahaha yeah man. all kinds of people outside of hard forum game at 2560x1440.

give me a break kid.

some how i am dense because you dont understand the concept of comparison.

LMGTFY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison

edit: nice ninja edits btw

here is some more information for you sense you seem unable to figure things out on your own

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Te...cial-Post-your-Character-Creation-Benchmarks!

tons of 2560x1440 people in there huh breh

What are you even...:confused:

Let me go pull some random wiki's right quick and then start a random argument about whos using what res.

Let me spell this out for you a little clearer...

The Final Fantasy XIV benchmark was put out to show the people who plan on using the game how THEIR systems would fare in relation to the FFXIV client. Hence, you run the client and it comes back with..."Youre ok at these settings!". It doesnt matter WHAT resolution you're on. You run the benchmark at the resolution YOU game on and if it comes back good, then youre good.

LOWERING the resolution to achieve a HIGHER score makes NO sense. My comment was towards a person who said he was running his benchmark at a lower res than what he planned to game on which makes NO SENSE.

It's OBVIOUS you have no idea wtf you're attempting to argue about so just stop..Here's something I looked up for you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance

So read up. When you have a clear understanding of what's going on then come back and let's chat. Till then, shh...

(see I can be a 9 year old internet troll too)

are you illiterate? or choosing not to pay attention because you do not understand.

who the fuck cares a bout the higher score? how will i know what other people are getting with the same system as me if i dont run it at the same res and detail you fool.

keep ninja editing and telling me to shh, you are lost and confused

edit:

do you think 3Dmark and game benchmarks exist only to see how your computer runs them? it is there for the purpose of comparison with others you dip.

Dont know why I even try...

Welcome to my ignore list..

Dont know why I even try...

Welcome to my ignore list..

knows hes wrong

reports post

U5Anjyp.jpg

its okay to not understand, just dont be a hater because you cant comprehend.

I'm getting some strange hitching when I run the benchmark at 2560x1600. I don't get any hitching at 1920x1080 or below, only at 2560x1600 it starts to hitch. Crossfire is disabled at the moment and I am running the new 13.8 betas on my HD 7970s. Anybody got any ideas what it could be?

Fixed! You need to make a new profile for ffxiv.exe and the issue is gone and the benchmark is working flawlessly in crossfire. I am using optimize 1x1 instead of ARF friendly (causes strange flickering).

Can someone explain to me how the classes/jobs work?

Will i be able to be a Paladin and a black mage?

there is no limit, you can be all of the classes and jobs you want on a single character.

classes / jobs are determined by what weapon you use. You need a mixture of class levels to get a job quest.

for instance

Dragoon = lvl 30 lancer and lvl 15 pugalist.

dragoon is a lancer job so they level together, meaning if lancer is 30 dragoon is 30 if lancer is 50, dragoon is 50.

you can be all the jobs and all the classes.

for the jobs you want

Black Mage, requires Thaumaturge level 30 and Pugilist level 15. Can use Pugilist and Archer abilities.

Paladin, requires Gladiator level 30 and Conjurer level 15. Can use Marauder and Conjurer abilities.

Normally in a trinity system I go for pure healers or rarely a rogue or mage....

Not sure what I'm going to do here yet. So many options.

Confusing but should be awesome once I get it down.

they do that because you can use skills from other classes on top of your other classes. it basically makes the game extremely versatile and unique.

like cure is a spell affinity that EVERYBODY can use, just level up a conjurer.. get cure on him and every Class has the affinity to use that spell. some spells cant be used with other classes and others can.

jobs have less affinities for sure. they can only take from like 3 classes and have a much more specific role.

Normally in a trinity system I go for pure healers or rarely a rogue or mage....

Not sure what I'm going to do here yet. So many options.

dude i am lost, i cant decide. they all look fun to me.

at this point im pretty torn between dragoon and black mage.

dude i am lost, i cant decide. they all look fun to me.

at this point im pretty torn between dragoon and black mage.

The best thing about the FFXIV ARR class/job system? You can switch between them and get them all to max level without creating an alt!

The best thing about the FFXIV ARR class/job system? You can switch between them and get them all to max level without creating an alt!

right, unfortunately i have limited time. id like to have em all at 50 but its likely ill have to focus on one

Im glad MMO's now days are taking that approach more and more. It used to be I'd have 15 different toons all with different achieves/special "one of's"/etc. Now your able to focus on just one toon and get it all.

Was one of my major draws to GW2 as well...

I m still getting just black screens when try to take a SS with print screen (pasting into both paint and GIMP). Any ideas?

I m still getting just black screens when try to take a SS with print screen (pasting into both paint and GIMP). Any ideas?

Thats a pretty common issue with games dating back a long time now I believe.

I use FRAPS to get my shots so I never have issues, though I realize not everyone has FRAPS.....

Try running in windowed mode then using the method you've been doing. I read thats one workaround.

Since you can be "any class" you want by what weapons you use, does this mean equipment isn't class-based or locked? (well aside from the weapons).

Try running in windowed mode then using the method you've been doing. I read thats one workaround.

Ah you're probably right Limahl, I was running in windowed+no borders and screen shots worked fine.

Since you can be "any class" you want by what weapons you use, does this mean equipment isn't class-based or locked? (well aside from the weapons).

Correct, you can use the same equipment with the other classes on the same character. The only limitation is the weapon and the type of armor the class can equip (Gladiator and Warrior are heavy, Conj and Black Mage are light armor, etc)

a lot of armor works for multiple classes. you cant have a mage in full heavy metal gear though.

i believe job armor isnt shared as well.

Which one do you guys like the best? I was pretty set on making the cat lady, but since everyone else is going that route, I started messing with the elves. The 2 female Elozen are basically the same minus hair color.

2i1iayt.jpg

ilvr15.jpg

muirc.jpg

Which one do you guys like the best? I was pretty set on making the cat lady, but since everyone else is going that route, I started messing with the elves. The 2 female Elozen are basically the same minus hair color.

2i1iayt.jpg

ilvr15.jpg

muirc.jpg

First sticks out the most for me

Back