Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

Was fighting Chimera. Practically everyone was dead, but he was down to around 20%. Scholar didn't use level 3 Limit Break.

SMH...

you can do AK right when you hit 50. an ifrit weapon will help you a lot though. but so will the full green set from AK which is better than your AF gear.

Thanks, trying to find a successful Ifrit run and get my bow before I go AK. I saw pug DPS coming in with lvl 49 whites and 44 pinks.

Needless to say, dps was an issue....

you can do AK right when you hit 50. an ifrit weapon will help you a lot though. but so will the full green set from AK which is better than your AF gear.

I had quite a hard time keeping up with heals in AK when I was a fresh 50. My gear wasn't half bad but my jewels were junk. I found that running wanderers palace is a good stepping stone as you can get a few pieces of lvl55 gear which will really help boost you for AK. I didn't bother with any darklight gear for it, but I did get 2 pieces of Darklight jewelery to replace my lowest items as well as my top GC weapon before I tried it.

Another thing you can do to help is look up what you need for your relic weapon. I found mine on the market for under 10k and it was as good as the top tier GC weapon if you buy a critical one.

Last edited:
Wow, I just got kicked out of a Chimera party because they decided that the only tank should also interrupt the voices while trying to hold aggro. And they had me pull to the back of the cave.

Ignorance and confidence is a terrible combination.

FINALLY got a group that wasn't completely a failure for Titan and got the kill.

Same here. We tried about 8 times and we had one more try before our time ranout for the instance so we figured why not. We did well up until the last phase. Slowly people started getting hit by his Weight of the Earth or bombs or whathave you (none got knocked off, luckily). We got it down to ~10%, but by that time it was just me tanking at around 1000 HP and a single healer with maybe 90 HP. Out of nowhere, our 3rd limit break bar fills up and the healer unleshes the holy grail of awesomness and everyone is revived and at full health again. After that we slowly chipped away at his health before he could do 6 tumults in a row and we got the kill with 2 minutes to spare.

Everyone crapped themselves after that run as it really was the most clutch limit break I've ever seen.

I do hope that none of you guys have excessive amount of Gil, or that you did not sell anything via marketplace to anyone who bought Gil from illegal sources

The reddit and general forums a re filled with rage posts from people, who done nothing illegal, only having excessive amount of cash or were unlucky to sell something to someone who had illegal money. It seems that SE is carpet suspending accounts like that, and then they try to figure out who got cash via legal means. I'm not so sure if that is a correct approach.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...spended-if-you-sell-to-players-who-bought-gil

Btw... One of the reps confirmed that vanity will not be included in 2.1

I do hope that none of you guys have excessive amount of Gil, or that you did not sell anything via marketplace to anyone who bought Gil from illegal sources

The reddit and general forums a re filled with rage posts from people, who done nothing illegal, only having excessive amount of cash or were unlucky to sell something to someone who had illegal money. It seems that SE is carpet suspending accounts like that, and then they try to figure out who got cash via legal means. I'm not so sure if that is a correct approach.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...spended-if-you-sell-to-players-who-bought-gil

Btw... One of the reps confirmed that vanity will not be included in 2.1

That's pretty brutal.

I guess it's a good thing I only have about 10k gil to my name lol.

MadHatter: any in particular you need to know? I will keep it in mind for future posts too.

That's pretty brutal.

I guess it's a good thing I only have about 10k gil to my name lol.

MadHatter: any in particular you need to know? I will keep it in mind for future posts too.

I'm only level 17 right now but I think I made a mistake with the race I selected and the class I started off with. : / I chose a race that didn't have the max stat for healing .. I think I picked Highlander and then Conjurer (which I'm guessing later would progress to a healer role) ..am I screwed and should restart a character?? :confused:

an endgame piece of armor will pretty much balance that out, pick a character you like and enjoy!

I'm only level 17 right now but I think I made a mistake with the race I selected and the class I started off with. : / I chose a race that didn't have the max stat for healing .. I think I picked Highlander and then Conjurer (which I'm guessing later would progress to a healer role) ..am I screwed and should restart a character?? :confused:

You do not need to reroll at all in this game.

The starting stats of races are a drop in the bucket and the gear eclipse it easily, do not fret over something so small.

Your character can become any class you want (you just have to get to level 10 on you starting class, they you can learn the other classes and switch between them).

In order to unlock jobs (IE the specialized class roles) it usually takes multiple classes, usually one class to level 30, then another class to level 15, then you unlock a quest to learn that job.

For example, if you want to be a healer then you'd want to aim for the White Mage job. To unlock this you need to get to level 30 as a Conjurer and lv 15 as an Arcanist.

Well, not going to lie. Ive got almost all my gathering skills at 50 now and am nearing 2mil gil. Mining is my only non 50 and its at 49.5. I was scared as hell after reading the forums and reddit about people being banned though thankfully I wasnt. I'm not sure what the criteria to be banned was but this seems like complete BS...

Keep losing to odin on Diabolos server. To many lowbies running around thinking they're making a contribution, where its the exact opposite.

Well, not going to lie. Ive got almost all my gathering skills at 50 now and am nearing 2mil gil. Mining is my only non 50 and its at 49.5. I was scared as hell after reading the forums and reddit about people being banned though thankfully I wasnt. I'm not sure what the criteria to be banned was but this seems like complete BS...

people with over 10m got banned
i'm assuming it's some sort of automated system

So I made an executive decision, and dissolved the Free Company. I was thinking about passing it down but I think in the long run this will be better for everyone. The ones that haven't logged in for weeks probably won't miss much, and the few that do still play, would do better joining an established FC so they can hopefully rid themselves of the duty finder and find quality people to consistently play with.

I really hate to say this, but it's getting a little tedious. But that could just be the mining and goldsmithing talking.

Ahhh...I was wondering where my tag went..LoL. I thought I did something bad to get banned from the guild..or that I had somehow managed to leave the FC by mistake...LoL.

Well if anyone needs a hand from a WHM - send a tell in game to my toon - Xerack Silverflame - (on Leviathan of course - although I might be migrating with a friend to another server if/when they do transfers)

lol this always happens with [H] guilds, they last a few weeks/months tops then people get bored and the numbers dwindle down.

I myself haven't been on over a week now (GTA V and other things taking up my time)

I did enjoy playing with you all though.

Taking a bit of time tonight to play around with my cpu clock to try to minimize the FC's drops when there are big crowds. So far I'm up to 4.5ghz but I've had to set 1.375v in the bios which shows as just over 1.39v in Cpuz with prime95 running. Hitting about 70c after 30mins.

Gonna hop in game soon and see if I blue screen.

I guess this is more of a general MMO question, but what is the point of hanging around when you hit endgame? Everything feels like a second job; the main story and content is done so anything you do afterward seems even more pointless.

I guess this is more of a general MMO question, but what is the point of hanging around when you hit endgame? Everything feels like a second job; the main story and content is done so anything you do afterward seems even more pointless.

Beating the endgame content?

Cancelled my account. The story line isn't holding my attention, there's too much to do (generally this isn't a bad thing...) and I feel like I'm on a treadmill (which is what I should be doing instead of sitting here).

Cancelled my account. The story line isn't holding my attention, there's too much to do (generally this isn't a bad thing...) and I feel like I'm on a treadmill (which is what I should be doing instead of sitting here).

I guess everyone's different. I've been taking my time and just finished the main storyline last night. I thought it was amazing and one of the best gaming experiences in many years. I'll be playing for a few months at least.

Leviathon-Lenarr Luminos

Thats what the player made RP is for.. to tide over until the devs put out more content. :D

Today I ran Satasha or whatever it's called. Conjurer talked smack to the entire group the entire time and dps'd as hard as he could. He pulled every group before the tank could get there. I saw that his health was at 25%, so I tossed him a heal. He told me to dot mobs as all good little Arcanists should be doing and leave the healing to him.

First real pull that wasn't pixies and clams, he forgets to heal the tank and let's him die. All the mobs run to him after the tank croaked. I thought really hard about just letting us wipe, but I'm too lazy to run back. So I brought out my tank pet and tanked the 6 mobs while dpsing and healing my pet that the Conjurer didn't seem to understand how to target to heal.

Needless to say he got really quiet after that without a harmful word directed his way. Was a smooth run afterwards. :)

Today I ran Satasha or whatever it's called. Conjurer talked smack to the entire group the entire time and dps'd as hard as he could. He pulled every group before the tank could get there. I saw that his health was at 25%, so I tossed him a heal. He told me to dot mobs as all good little Arcanists should be doing and leave the healing to him.

First real pull that wasn't pixies and clams, he forgets to heal the tank and let's him die. All the mobs run to him after the tank croaked. I thought really hard about just letting us wipe, but I'm too lazy to run back. So I brought out my tank pet and tanked the 6 mobs while dpsing and healing my pet that the Conjurer didn't seem to understand how to target to heal.

Needless to say he got really quiet after that without a harmful word directed his way. Was a smooth run afterwards. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04&noredirect=1

Just solo queued for Garuda, long wait, but one shot full Pug group

We all talked about it, all from different servers and all solo queue. Duty Finder All stars baby!! Times like these its what makes me enjoy pugs: everything just works, as opposed to the 99% of times that are fail pugs.

Warrior Axe dropped, 2 paladin tanks.........

To be fair, as an arcanist thats exactly what you should be doing, spreading them dots. Gets a lot easier when you learn bane.

Still sounds like a shitty healer though lol.

There are always asses in the game that tell you how you should play your class yet they play like crap themselves. And you try to assist with their duties so your group doesn't wipe and they bitch about it. Isn't that what teamwork is? LoL. It's not like you were healing the whole time instead of doing what you do.... Oh well - I'm sure you'll see this again sometime...but try not to let it get to you. It's so easy to talk down to someone over the internet eh?

BTW - The Arc tanks are pretty tough eh? I am leveling mine off and on to get to 30 and I'm pretty impressed with them.

Last edited:
Just solo queued for Garuda, long wait, but one shot full Pug group

We all talked about it, all from different servers and all solo queue. Duty Finder All stars baby!! Times like these its what makes me enjoy pugs: everything just works, as opposed to the 99% of times that are fail pugs.

Warrior Axe dropped, 2 paladin tanks.........

It's definitely nice when it happens. I had about the opposite yesterday. Got into a hydra group. I explained that I had only done the fight twice, both times failed, and we entered the instance. First time we wiped, I mentioned that people shouldn't stand in the middle so fire doesn't drop where we have to stack, I got reamed out saying they all had relics so to shut up, we know the fight. Next wipe, the tanks kept standing in the way of the frontal aoe and getting that heal debuff. I couldn't heal them for anything once they get it and my esuna wasn't working for it. I explained that to them and got called a worthless piece of shit that should quit. I simply said "thanks for the explanation" and left.

Guess I'm waiting for a FC hydra group. Lol

It's definitely nice when it happens. I had about the opposite yesterday. Got into a hydra group. I explained that I had only done the fight twice, both times failed, and we entered the instance. First time we wiped, I mentioned that people shouldn't stand in the middle so fire doesn't drop where we have to stack, I got reamed out saying they all had relics so to shut up, we know the fight. Next wipe, the tanks kept standing in the way of the frontal aoe and getting that heal debuff. I couldn't heal them for anything once they get it and my esuna wasn't working for it. I explained that to them and got called a worthless piece of shit that should quit. I simply said "thanks for the explanation" and left.

Guess I'm waiting for a FC hydra group. Lol
I spent six hours wiping on Hydra yesterday. The first video I watched recommended a single tank and a single healer, with six DPS. We ended up with two healers, me as the tank, and five DPS. I'm thinking, "Awesome! This should be easy!"... Nope. Back to back Triumvirates, and I was dead. Next time, I burned all my cooldowns very quickly. We got the bossman down to about 50%, and then the Wyvern gave him the double damage buff. Boom, Triumvirate for 6K HP. Even with an extra DPS, we weren't able to get the Wyvern dead before he buffed the boss. We spent three hours on it before one of the healers left. The replacement healer was in full darklight, working on their second relic. He informed me that Triumvirate is split between all the people it hits, like Thousand Needles. So we got another tank. 2 tanks, 2 healers, four DPS. Now we weren't even getting the first Wyvern down before wiping. At some point, I gave up and left. Came back on later that night, got myself another hydra party. Everyone but me had 50%+ of their gear as darklight. The other tank ate a White Breath, and we wiped. Then I ate two (despite not standing in the cone!), and we wiped. Third time was a charm, though. We ended the fight with everyone at full health, plenty of mana, and no difficulties.

I think Hydra is one of the first real gear-checks you encounter. It was SIGNIFICANTLY easier with geared folks. Enough so that I'm re-thinking my whole "Relic weapon, THEN armor" plan. I could see doing Ifrit in my AF gear. Maybe I could do Garuda... But Titan? Holy cow, does that battle look intense. There's a freaking book worth of stuff that could go wrong. Having an extra thousand hit points and a ton more armor would be quite helpful, methinks!

Oh yeah, and never tank a dungeon with Darklight-geared DPS if you don't have a couple pieces yourself. I ran AK with a full darklight healer and mage. At some point, I just gave up on tanking. We were burning through mobs like crazy, and there was no way I could hold hate off that BLM. If I did, the amount of heals I needed made the healer the target. My job was basically changed to pulling the mobs and tanking the bosses. That was a heck of a quick run, though!

I spent six hours wiping on Hydra yesterday. The first video I watched recommended a single tank and a single healer, with six DPS. We ended up with two healers, me as the tank, and five DPS.

Triumvirate's damage is divided between the targets in front of Hydra. Due to this a 2 tank party is ideal. If a tank does die, have a dragoon or other DPS fill in for that tank until the tank is raised. If you get a group with only one tank, a DPS will have to stand in front of Hydra in place of the 2nd tank - which decreases their damage and probably makes them no better than a 2nd tank in damage; also the in front DPS will probably die eventually so a 2nd DPS will need to be ready to go in front of hydra in that case.

I think Hydra is one of the first real gear-checks you encounter. It was SIGNIFICANTLY easier with geared folks. Enough so that I'm re-thinking my whole "Relic weapon, THEN armor" plan. I could see doing Ifrit in my AF gear. Maybe I could do Garuda... But Titan? Holy cow, does that battle look intense. There's a freaking book worth of stuff that could go wrong. Having an extra thousand hit points and a ton more armor would be quite helpful, methinks!

DL really helps. I have 2 AK pieces - Head and Chest - and the rest (including jewelery) are DL. DL does make a huge difference and Castrum only takes about 30 mins with a speed run. With this setup I am able to tank Titan HM though I haven't killed him yet - not my fault in the failures, this fight is very easy for the tank. Garuda is very easy once you know what to do throughout the entire fight - Hint: After the calm/middle go South to the flag then position her to rotate clockwise. This is a much easier path than taking her to the North (toward the rocks).

Oh yeah, and never tank a dungeon with Darklight-geared DPS if you don't have a couple pieces yourself. I ran AK with a full darklight healer and mage. At some point, I just gave up on tanking. We were burning through mobs like crazy, and there was no way I could hold hate off that BLM. If I did, the amount of heals I needed made the healer the target. My job was basically changed to pulling the mobs and tanking the bosses. That was a heck of a quick run, though!

Quick question: Are you marking targets 1, 2, 3, 4 prior to pull/while the pull is inc? This is a must at 50 (and really helps for all other levels). If you are, ask in a nice way for the DPS to hold off casting for 2 or 3 seconds so that you can at least get 2 attacks on the first mob. [Assuming you're a PLD] I've found once i've gotten a flash off (initially after pull with shield lob) and through the chain ending with Rage of Halone I have a good hold on the first mob. If the other mobs are not being slept I will tab to the next in line, get two attacks off on number 2 and put Rage of Halone on number 3 followed by a flash. Then i go back to target 1. Each group is a little different so I will sometimes need to mix it up by applying the 2nd Rage of Halone on target 1. It's what makes tanking fun, each group requires something a little different.

Last edited:
I haven't done AK yet. Is it a good idea to sleep mobs there, or just aoe them down? It's seemed pretty pointless to sleep while doing CM runs. I'm wondering if AK is different. I've gotten to where I only Sleep if things start getting out of control, but maybe I should go back to doing it on the pull?

Fact is the game is tiny not much to do and in less than a month it's a total bore and completed. It is even worse than when everquest 2 came out; and now everquest 2 makes this game look like a sick joke. Maybe if it's even around in another 3 years I might try it out again. As of right now game is ( FAILURE )

Back