Final Fantasy XIII

Thats reaching pretty damn far for comparisons. The sphere grid and the crystarium may appear similar in looks but thats the only similarities.

Its where you try and tie in the plot that you really lose me... If you want to get like that then every fucking game ever made has the same plot.

Its not reaching far at all. The main difference between the Sphere grid and Crystarium is they make the Crystarium have only 1 path locked it down for simplicity and control over the upgrade path. And they made it go up which added nothing to the functionality just more sparkle and glimmer without a need, like the stupid jump circles.

Changing Class is nothing more than changing Dresses in X2 just slightly different because you can do it actively.

Item shops was pull 100% from crisis core they didn't even change it.

Maybe its because I just passed Persona 4 and this game is just SO bad in comparison or that I have played so many rpgs that my standards have risen, but this game had very little for me to like.

Its not reaching far at all. The main difference between the Sphere grid and Crystarium is they make the Crystarium have only 1 path locked it down for simplicity and control over the upgrade path. And they made it go up which added nothing to the functionality just more sparkle and glimmer without a need, like the stupid jump circles.

Changing Class is nothing more than changing Dresses in X2 just slightly different because you can do it actively.

Item shops was pull 100% from crisis core they didn't even change it.

Maybe its because I just passed Persona 4 and this game is just SO bad in comparison or that I have played so many rpgs that my standards have risen, but this game had very little for me to like.
Fine, you don't like the game.

Stop hate-parading because we do. It's getting really annoying.

Fine, you don't like the game.

Stop hate-parading because we do. It's getting really annoying.

Just responding to comments with valid points, far from a hate-parade.

Point taken though; normally I wouldn't be wasting my time except I'm bored at work and need to kill time.

Persona's 4 was an awesome game, but the battle mechanics were so painfully "tired"! The only reason why I tolerated the grind, boring and tedious turn based battles, and the aggravation of save points spread out relatively far, is because the rest of the game was just so awesome.

If Persona 3 and 4 had FF13's paradigm battle system, better spaced save points like FF13, and the whole "retry" system (which if you really wanted to, you could just select "quit" and load from a really old save point to punish yourself), P3 and P4 would have been so much more enjoyable IMO. heh, now I bet I will now feel the wrath of every hardcore turned based RPG fan out there for saying such blasphemy.

P3 and 4 were just lite-dating sims with terrible battle systems. Not sure why so many people liked them.

SMT: Nocturne, on the other hand...

P3 and 4 were just lite-dating sims with terrible battle systems. Not sure why so many people liked them.

SMT: Nocturne, on the other hand...

Nocturne is a fantastic game as well. I said persona 4 because its freshest on the brain. I could go on about how great these games are, but this isn't the avenue.

i can complete the game or i can finish the missions...

wait if you beat the game can you go back to finish your missions... or should i finish my missions then go beat the game?

Well, it will probably take you a long time to level up if to finish all the missions first.. There is a level cap in place too until you finish the game. There may be a few missions unavailable too. I think its generally recommended to finish the story first, then go back and do the missions.

i can complete the game or i can finish the missions...

wait if you beat the game can you go back to finish your missions... or should i finish my missions then go beat the game?

Missions + Grinding til you max crystarium

THEN go beat the game (You'll just rip through it and have tons of fun. Sooooo rewarding. )

That's where I'm at right now I think chapter 11 where it opens up and I've done a couple missions But I feel like I should finish the game, before I forget whats going on lol

I started to do the missions on 19 atm. I think i'm goin to just finish the game before i start to lose interest and stop playing.

The chocobos must've given up on me. I got to chapter 7 and I have just lost interest. I don't like the characters and I'm just not feeling the plot either. It might get better, but I'm just not having fun with it. I think I've only put in 1-2 hours in the last two weeks, and this is coming from someone who won FF7 and 8 in less than a week each.

This game should of stayed exclusive to PS3.

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) - 828,200
Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360) - 493,900

Of those 493,000 360 buyers, some of them own a PS3 and bought the 360 version anyways. If it was exclusive, those sales would of went to Sony, plus the remaining would of had a chance to sell more PS3's, thus again more copies to PS3. I could easily see another 2-300k to PS3 if it were exclusive and I doubt Square would not of sneezed at over 1 million in sales. Then they wouldn't of had to put up with all the bitching from people like me and those fans who boo them for having a 360 version.

Square did not benefit in any way by being on 360. They would of gained more by being exclusive. Final Fantasy XV will be exclusive to PS3 or PS4.

Of those 493,000 360 buyers, some of them own a PS3 and bought the 360 version anyways. If it was exclusive, those sales would of went to Sony, plus the remaining would of had a chance to sell more PS3's, thus again more copies to PS3. I could easily see another 2-300k to PS3 if it were exclusive and I doubt Square would not of sneezed at over 1 million in sales. Then they wouldn't of had to put up with all the bitching from people like me and those fans who boo them for having a 360 version.

Square did not benefit in any way by being on 360. They would of gained more by being exclusive. Final Fantasy XV will be exclusive to PS3 or PS4.

Interesting view point but I find it odd that you say Square did not benefit by developing this game for the 360. By your own count it looks like they sold almost half a million more copies then they would have. You can not say for certain that those that had both systems bought it for both. Even if they did it is still more sales. The way I see it is half a million more people got to enjoy and pay for their work then they would have if Square only developed for the PS3.

However you add the numbers, the game sold too many. Inc shitstorm of copy-cat final fantasys for the next three installments.

Hooray.

I don't understand the stuck up PS3 attitude of not having people on another system experience the game. I would not have experienced it had it not come out on 360. If you love the game so very much, wouldn't you want more people to experience it? I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it.

By those numbers they got an extra 60% boost in sales by having a 360 version. Even if 200-300k had both systems yet bought on 360, or would have bought a PS3 just to play the game, that still only puts total sales at 1.1 million, whereas they currently are at 1.3 million by selling on both consoles. 200k copies is nothing to scoff at, neither the added market penetration for the next game.

I can understand they dying loyalty to Sony though, as it is not like they've ever released a previous FF game on a non Sony console before :rolleyes:. Or lets not forget the non main title spin offs that have been on the Gamecube, Wii, DS.

I'm glad they have games on several different consoles. But trying to make a point to a fanboy of any sort is futile.

I enjoyed the game on 360. Had a blast with it. The trapped on rails feeling went unnoticed after a short time, and I had a great time with the game.

Interesting view point but I find it odd that you say Square did not benefit by developing this game for the 360. By your own count it looks like they sold almost half a million more copies then they would have.
493,000 360 copies sold. Some of them are PS3 owners where if it were exclusive would of just bought the PS3 copy. The rest, some would of bought a PS3 to play it. Then there are going to be some leftovers would would not of played it because they would not buy a PS3. My point is for the few remaining people who would play it/buy PS3, what you gained from them is not equal to the elite status you gain from being a top notch exclusive.

I don't understand the stuck up PS3 attitude of not having people on another system experience the game. I would not have experienced it had it not come out on 360. If you love the game so very much, wouldn't you want more people to experience it? I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it.
yeah well, I want to play Alan Wake. Guess what, that means I have to buy a 360. I'm not crying over it.

Yeah you're not crying over Alan Wake but you're certainly whinging over FFXIII

So what if it's on both platforms? I have a 360 and PS3 and if Alan Wake were on both I'd still buy it on the 360. The whole "status" of being a 'top-notch' exclusive is entirely your opinion. So you're saying Square Enix lost it's elite status by releasing on both platforms and that somehow decreased the value of the game or something? That's funny. I think they lost their status after releasing the same rehashed story and characters over and over again

+1
493,000 360 copies sold. Some of them are PS3 owners where if it were exclusive would of just bought the PS3 copy. The rest, some would of bought a PS3 to play it. Then there are going to be some leftovers would would not of played it because they would not buy a PS3. My point is for the few remaining people who would play it/buy PS3, what you gained from them is not equal to the elite status you gain from being a top notch exclusive.

I see what you are getting at but I would think that your line of thinking would end up costing Square in the end. Dollars and cents is what it is all about and Square went the right way with releasing this game for both platforms. I know I would have never bought the game if it did not come out for the 360. I am not willing to shell out another 300-400 for a game system just so I can play a game. I am sure I am not alone in this line of thinking. Would their be people who don't think like this? Yes, but these days one can safely assume that others think the way I do. The all mighty dollar doesn't get you much these days and most people are defining needs and wants a lot better. Exclusivity doesn't mean much in this day and age. Expanding ones profit margins does. I must say again that Square went the right way with this.

I would wager that fewer than 10% of the people who purchased it on the 360 also own a ps3, and that most people who own both consoles purchased it on the PS3. Why would anyone buy the multi disc version that purportedly has worse graphics (I have not seen comparisons, only read reviews) when given the option?

Also, did releasing it on the 360 in any way harm the PS3 version? If not, then why does it matter?

I only own a 360, and have not purchased the game yet, but probably will in the near future. I would not drop $300 for a PS3 just for this game, as I don't game nearly as much as I used to. But I will still get this game, and Square Enix will get my money for it. Seems like a win for them.

Your signature tells me you are full of shit.

Also, I bought it on the PS3 because I own both systems and know it looks better on PS3. Had it been launched 3 months ago, I would have bought it on 360 because GASP I didn't have one.

There are more than one reasons why people would choose 360. Comparing achievements with friends is just one?

I don't intend to further derail a thread about an awesome game but you can compare achievs on PS3. I have done it alot.

finally got got 3 of my characters there ultimate weapons.. now just need to farm some more plat ingots so i can max em out

I'm having a difficult time getting back into the game since I completed it. Yes, I know there are lots of hunts and weapon maxing to do, but the hunts just seem regurgitated when XII had a very similar quest. While a lot of the hunts could be technically completed before the end of the story, the game really discourages you from doing so, especially by holding that last crystarium expansion hostage. Other than completing the missions for their own sake, there doesn't seem to be any reason to do it, and there's not a lot of lore surrounding the hunts I've done. Even upgrading the weapons seems needless when you can complete the main story with your first-tier weapons with no additional upgrades. I really enjoyed the game, but no FF has had an emphasis on its side quests (in this case, the lone optional content) being completed after the main game when the rewards were really no longer relevant.

I'm having a difficult time getting back into the game since I completed it. Yes, I know there are lots of hunts and weapon maxing to do, but the hunts just seem regurgitated when XII had a very similar quest. While a lot of the hunts could be technically completed before the end of the story, the game really discourages you from doing so, especially by holding that last crystarium expansion hostage. Other than completing the missions for their own sake, there doesn't seem to be any reason to do it, and there's not a lot of lore surrounding the hunts I've done. Even upgrading the weapons seems needless when you can complete the main story with your first-tier weapons with no additional upgrades. I really enjoyed the game, but no FF has had an emphasis on its side quests (in this case, the lone optional content) being completed after the main game when the rewards were really no longer relevant.

Same Boat, I'm very close to completion after like 45 hours played time, didn't do any of the missions yet, i think i won't clear any and sell this game as soon as possible before it loses too much value.

hope the combat gets better. only a few hours in but its just basically hitting the x button on auto-attack. also combat seems kinda funny. seems like im disconnected from actually controlling my character. maybe it gets better, based on the thread seems so

I finally was able to get the platinum trophy for the game. The first platinum I ever got, and probably the last. The treasure hunter trophy really sucks...

i like the game but the frequent loading is a giant pita and being on 3 disks = suck ass if you install it to hdd......

Back