Final Fantasy XIII - Coming to Xbox 360

Alright listen son. I didn't mention GTAIV, YOU DID. I wouldn't even consider that very significant, but the fact that you mentioned it makes me think that it probably is to ps3 apologists.

I have never owned any console except an N64. When it came down to buying a 360 vs a ps3 one of the main selling points for the ps3 was final fantasy. In the end, I had a really hard time choosing between the 360 and that seemingly very sexy ps3. Two years later, i really see the wisdom in the decision to get the 360. The ps3 is now nothing more than a blue ray player.

Is sony going to go out of business? No. I never said that. Is it a kick to the balls for sony? Absolutely. If you don't see why, graduate high school and come talk to me. Should we expect the 360 to dominate for the rest of this generation? Yes. Like I said, this final fantasy situation is going to influence alot of developers and its a snowball rolling down a snowy hill, its only going to get bigger. Should we expect the ps4 to do weaker than the xbox3? Yes. Microsoft came into the console battle with the xbox and since then they have only gained more games, users and resources while sony has been doing the opposite. Therefore any reasonable person would see the FF move to the xbox as a continuity of this trend.

There is no way around it, what was exclusive to the PS is not so exclusive anymore simply because square knows the meaning of this phrase "Its better to live in a mud hut and have a dozens of friends than to live in a crystal castle with none at all"

Not that I'm comparing the 360 to a mud hut, though many of you would do that I'm sure.

You couldnt be so wrong. How can you say PS3 is nothing more than a BR player? I have over 15 games for it. Games are still coming to it, and I dont see anywhere in this thread where FF ISN'T coming to PS3. Its a console that ALSO can play BR movies.

Lets not forget about KillZone, LBP and GoW3?

On a side note, PS3 is just much of a console as any other console I've owned. With now 15 titles, its tied up with my N64 collection I still have.

It's not "moving to the Xbox," as in becoming Xbox exclusive. While it's a help to the 360, it's not going to sell units on its own.

I disagree. I am a HUGE FF fan, and have played every one. I was thinking about purchasing a PS3 just to play XIII (the same reason why I originally bought a PS2, to play FFX) but now I will definitely buy an Xbox instead.

Especially seeing that Xbox is cutting prices again in September. This will sway the tide for anyone looking for FFXIII that doesn't currently own a console and could give a shit about Blu-Gay.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1331446

I disagree. I am a HUGE FF fan, and have played every one. I was thinking about purchasing a PS3 just to play XIII (the same reason why I originally bought a PS2, to play FFX) but now I will definitely buy an Xbox instead.

Especially seeing that Xbox is cutting prices again in September. This will sway the tide for anyone looking for FFXIII that doesn't currently own a console and could give a shit about Blu-Gay.

Nothing whatsoever to do with your views towards Sony then :rolleyes:

You couldnt be so wrong. How can you say PS3 is nothing more than a BR player? I have over 15 games for it. Games are still coming to it, and I dont see anywhere in this thread where FF ISN'T coming to PS3. Its a console that ALSO can play BR movies.

Lets not forget about KillZone, LBP and GoW3?

On a side note, PS3 is just much of a console as any other console I've owned. With now 15 titles, its tied up with my N64 collection I still have.

With all due respect, how many games you own for the ps3 has nothing to do with the larger picture. Yes you can play games on it and yes its just as much fun as the 360, but in the context of its competition versus the 360 it is not only behind but also crippled.

With all due respect, how many games you own for the ps3 has nothing to do with the larger picture. Yes you can play games on it and yes its just as much fun as the 360, but in the context of its competition versus the 360 it is not only behind but also crippled.

:rolleyes:

I figured you wouldn't have anything intelligent to say.

When you say "but in context of its competition versus the 360 it is not only behind but also crippled." I can do nothing more than roll my eyes at you.

So how is the PS3 crippled, would you like to see the latest NPD numbers?

As you can see by this chart, the PS3 is almost equal in terms of sales to the X360 during its first year of its life. X360 had a 1 year head start. But if you look at "trends" the PS3 is starting to come back in sales. I've been saying this since summer of 07 that 2008 would be a great year for the PS3. As the numbers show, 2008 is shaping up greatly.

Just because FFXIII is now coming to the X360, doesn’t mean its not going to show on the PS3. Clearly squarnix is it in for the money. By going multiplatform they have a much larger audience to sell too.

X360 fanboys just try to ride any news they can. It’s been like this since day one, and by now, I can do nothing more than roll my eyes. Debates like this always become personal and nothing more than personal preference.

The latest NPD figures for the US of A (June 1 - July 5, 5 weeks):
http://www.edge-online.com/news/npd-...ertakes-360-us

NDS: 783,000
WII: 666,700
PS3: 405,500
PSP: 337,400
360: 219,800
PS2: 188,800

1. PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4, Konami, 6/08—774.6K (NOTE: Bundled software is not included. NPD says if it were, MGS4 would be ~1m)
2. NDS Guitar Hero On Tour, Activision, 6/08—422.3K
3. 360 Ninja Gaiden II, Microsoft, 6/08—372.7K
4. Wii Fit with Balance Board, NOA, 5/08—372.7K
5. Wii Play with Remote, NOA, 2/07—359.1K
6. 360 Battlefield: Bad Company, EA, 6/08—346.8K
7. Wii Mario Kart with Wheel, NOA, 4/08—322.4K
8. Wii LEGO Indiana Jones, LucasArts, 6/08—294.5K
9. NDS LEGO Indiana Jones, LucasArts, 6/08—267.8K
10. PS2 LEGO Indiana Jones, LucasArts, 6/08—260.3K
11. 360 Grand Theft Auto IV
12. Wii Rock Band
13. Wii Super Smash Bros: Brawl
14. Wii Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
15. NDS Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games
16. 360 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
17. PS2 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
18. NDS New Super Mario Bros
19. PS3 Grand Theft Auto IV
20. 360 Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures

2008 YTD Sales (US)
Wii: 3,482,000
DS: 3,187,000
PS3: 1,608,000
PSP: 1,482,000
360: 1,354,000

LTD (US)
Wii: 10,852,948
360: 10,494,466
PS3: 4,851,677

WWConsoles-11.png

So how is the PS3 crippled, would you like to see the latest NPD numbers?
A good month to post PS3 NPD numbers for sure. But you can look the NPD figures another way too...

360 lead over PS3 at PS3 launch: 4.3m
360 lead over PS3 today: 5.6m

Stats can work whichever way you choose to spin them (I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone - just showing that with the right data you can prove or disprove whatever you want).

A good month to post PS3 NPD numbers for sure. But you can look the NPD figures another way too...

Stats can work whichever way you choose to spin them (I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone - just showing that with the right data you can prove or disprove whatever you want).

not true. ps3 has been selling more then the 360 this year so far, WOW the 360 sold more today . come on man it dont take a retard to use numbers based on months of sales not hours to prove there point LOL

My figures aren't true? You really sure you want to argue with me on that? Given I'm renowned for being a stats head and I have every month of NPD sales data since November 2006 in front of me?

Or are you having trouble reading? 360 lead over PS3 today = now, as of the last data we have = June 2008. It's even backed up by Baker's post above mine.

I understand what you’re saying, but I'm showing current data (not data that just supports my post). I also showed a graph of units sold based on how long each console has been around to show any trends.

Proving to the guy way up above on this page, that the PS3 isn't by any means "crippled".

My biggest point by showing numbers, is that squarnix simply wants to make money. And by looking at the last set of numbers before my graph, you can see it’s probably a good idea to do so. (other than creating huge fanboy wars) More people get to enjoy the FF series and squarnix makes a killing, win win for all of us?

But if you look at "trends" the PS3 is starting to come back in sales.

The fact that the PS3 has to "comeback" is all the information i need.

Secondly, you cherry picked the stats. Don't play this game with a Med Student with a Bachelors degree in Psychology, you will lose. What you posted were results proving that the PS3 is selling UNITS.

What your stats didn't include is the fact that MANY MANY people who bought the PS3 are now kicking themselves. Now, would you like to compare developers on board with Microsoft vs developers on board with Sony? Or number of games perhaps? Or hell how about good old customer satisfaction? Those numbers would show you how crippled the PS3 is.

At some point you fan boys need to wake up and smell reality. The 360 is dominating this generation in every way possible. FF was just the thick thick icing on the cake.

At some point you fan boys need to wake up and smell reality. The 360 is dominating this generation in every way possible.
Dominating? Not even close. The 360 is in 2nd place in one territory, 2nd place in another (soon to be 3rd) and a distant 3rd in the last.

Don't play this game with a Med Student with a Bachelors degree in Psychology, you will lose.

Woah, woah, WOAH! Lock this thread now! There is no point in moving on, a winner has been declared!

Woah, woah, WOAH! Lock this thread now! There is no point in moving on, a winner has been declared!

wait wait waittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
im a med student with a bachelors in statistics and biochem
*dingdingding*

on a more serious note, this thread needs to die. OP, kill it!

No, please keep this thread alive. It has provided hours of wonderful entertainment :D

QUOTE from Spidey12
"What your stats didn't include is the fact that MANY MANY people who bought the PS3 are now kicking themselves. Now, would you like to compare developers on board with Microsoft vs developers on board with Sony? Or number of games perhaps? Or hell how about good old customer satisfaction? Those numbers would show you how crippled the PS3 is. "

Man your a real dumbass,
Comparing developers on board. Sony has twice as many more 1st party developers than MS: Team ICO, Sucker Punch, Insomniac, Evolution Studios, Incognito, Santa Monica/aka God of War, Eat, sleep, play/aka Twisted Metal. And don't forget MS doesn't have Bungie anymore and to add big games like Dead Space and Mirror's Edge the PS3 is the lead platform for both those titles, not the 360.

And numer of games? the 360's been out a year longer, so it should have more games.

And customer satisfaction I had to save for last...because you've obviously never heard of RRoD.

Sony has twice as many more 1st party developers than MS: Team ICO, Sucker Punch, Insomniac, Evolution Studios, Incognito, Santa Monica/aka God of War, Eat, sleep, play/aka Twisted Metal.
It's a minor nitpick... but half the teams you just mentioned are second party, not first - just like Bungie.

QUOTE from Spidey12
"What your stats didn't include is the fact that MANY MANY people who bought the PS3 are now kicking themselves. Now, would you like to compare developers on board with Microsoft vs developers on board with Sony? Or number of games perhaps? Or hell how about good old customer satisfaction? Those numbers would show you how crippled the PS3 is. "

Man your a real dumbass,
Comparing developers on board. Sony has twice as many more 1st party developers than MS: Team ICO, Sucker Punch, Insomniac, Evolution Studios, Incognito, Santa Monica/aka God of War, Eat, sleep, play/aka Twisted Metal. And don't forget MS doesn't have Bungie anymore and to add big games like Dead Space and Mirror's Edge the PS3 is the lead platform for both those titles, not the 360.

And numer of games? the 360's been out a year longer, so it should have more games.

And customer satisfaction I had to save for last...because you've obviously never heard of RRoD.

"your" the dumbass, Most of the developers you mentioned are 2nd party and some of them have yet to develop a game.
Also, the 360 doesn't have just one year extra worth of games, it has roughly 2.5 years extra worth of games out. Also, Dead Space and mirror's edge will both be on the 360, so I don't know where you get your facts.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about so go pop in a blueray movie, or one of the 10 games out on the ps3 and stick to that.

As for the person who said the Wii is dominating, you sir are correct. I would agree that of all the systems the wii is the most sucessful. I was simply adressing the ps3's apologists who claim that the ps3 is doing just as well as the 360.

"your" the dumbass, Most of the developers you mentioned are 2nd party and some of them have yet to develop a game.

Really? which ones in particular? did something change overnight?

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about so go pop in a blueray movie, or one of the 10 games out on the ps3 and stick to that.

He has both consoles, no idea why you're trying to label him as a fanbot :eek:

Well this thread is going downhill, the fanboy rage in this thread is getting out of hand

Also, the 360 doesn't have just one year extra worth of games, it has roughly 2.5 years extra worth of games out. Also, Dead Space and mirror's edge will both be on the 360, so I don't know where you get your facts.

As for the person who said the Wii is dominating, you sir are correct. I would agree that of all the systems the wii is the most sucessful. I was simply adressing the ps3's apologists who claim that the ps3 is doing just as well as the 360.

Oh yea, I remember now, I did this once before to the same guy.

Here it comes.

:rolleyes:

The fact that the PS3 has to "comeback" is all the information i need.

Secondly, you cherry picked the stats. Don't play this game with a Med Student with a Bachelors degree in Psychology, you will lose. What you posted were results proving that the PS3 is selling UNITS.

What your stats didn't include is the fact that MANY MANY people who bought the PS3 are now kicking themselves. Now, would you like to compare developers on board with Microsoft vs developers on board with Sony? Or number of games perhaps? Or hell how about good old customer satisfaction? Those numbers would show you how crippled the PS3 is.

At some point you fan boys need to wake up and smell reality. The 360 is dominating this generation in every way possible. FF was just the thick thick icing on the cake.

Hold on, how did I cherry pick stats? I pulled latest numbers, and highlighted PS3 and X360, there was no "cherry picken".

Where can I get these stats about the "MANY MANY" people who bought the PS3 who "are now kicking themselves". I actually run across more threads of people pissed off that their on their 5th X360 replacement, or pissed off because of all the things that got jacked up to their LIVE account due to getting replacements. I see a growing trend of people giving up on X360 and tired of going through so many replacements with the common phrase "just get a PS3".

Also, for a man who’s claims to be so smart. Haven't you heard of Quality before Quantity? Just because X360 has more titles, doesn't mean each and every title is worth getting. It’s been out longer, it’s going to have more games, older games.

Wait, was the news that FF was going X360 exclusive? I think not, squarnix wants to do nothing more than move copies, and what better way to do that than to release it on both consoles?

Guys look, I have a degree in philosophy, a degree in computer science, a degree in marketing, a degree in accounting, a degree in information systems, and I'm in med school. If any person is qualified to declare a winner in the console race that person is me.

I hereby formally declare the Sega Master System the single greatest console of all time. This statement shall settle any console debate past, present, or future; I have bachelors degrees and am in med school.

This thread is gold. Please don't close it; I enjoy reading it way too much to want to see it closed.

Wow...someone in here really hates Sony.

Not at all. In fact I only got into consoles about a year ago. Before that I was on board with sony. Rooting for them and hoping their system would trumph all like the ps2 dominated.

But I like giving credit where it is due. Sony fell short, way short this generation.

wait wait waittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
im a med student with a bachelors in statistics and biochem
*dingdingding*

on a more serious note, this thread needs to die. OP, kill it!

As a med student I always thought your endeavor were to advance and preserve things, not kill them. I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, I just wanted to point your hypocritical oath. Let this thread Live!

I have a 360 and a PS3, hearing that FFX13 is coming to 360 is a good thing. The 360 controller is much more comfortable for me, and it has achievements. Thumbs up Square! :)

lol good thing they gave 360 the shitty final fantasy.... the previous ones exclusive to sony were and still is the best games in history ff7, 8, 9, 10....ect after that its trash

There isn't even a demo released and you're already calling it shitty?

If you were any more close minded you'd be Catholic.

What's with all the cock waving? I have a degree therefore I automatically have a better opinion then you?

*not aimed at you petertew, your post was class :)*

Methinks Spidey12 needs to get the fuck out of November 2007 tho, it's skewing his perception on the real world :D

Back