Final Fantasy XIII - Coming to Xbox 360

phobic

Supreme [H]ardness
Square/Enix just announced this at the MS Press conference. It will release same day/date as PS3 version for North America and Europe. Wow.

So much for exclusivity. :eek:

Edit: Link

lol thats probly why its taking so long to get out the door, they changed wanting to multi release on both systems. atleast thats my bet. ive got both systems so ill have to see which system its better on before i make a choice on buying it.

Well I was holding on on the PS3 for this game (even though the last one I played through was FF10) but, since it's coming to 360... hmmm.

Not only did they land Final Fantasy, but they have a few more Square Enix RPGs coming to the system as well. Between those, and the RPGs they already have (both Japanese and "American,"), I'd say the 360 is *THE* console for roll playing games right now.

Quite a change from the original Xbox I might add.

Not only did they land Final Fantasy, but they have a few more Square Enix RPGs coming to the system as well. Between those, and the RPGs they already have (both Japanese and "American,"), I'd say the 360 is *THE* console for roll playing games right now.

Quite a change from the original Xbox I might add.

Yeah, while they haven't been triple-A titles, the 360 has some decent RPGs that I've enjoyed. It's kind of odd seeing the Playstation take a back seat on RPGs this time around.

I'm almost willing to bet that the XBox 360 will be having a Blu-Ray add-on, and unlike the HD-DVD version, it will be used for games also, FFXIII being one of them.

Regardless, this is a blow for Sony outside of the Asian market. (But in all seriousness, the Japanese market will be anti-xbox).

I'm seriously wondering if 360 sales in Japan are going to surge now. There are just too many jRPGs on the system now and with FFXIII onboard ... who would pass? Last I checked the 360 is priced extremely low in Japan, a lot lower then the PS3 thats for sure.

I'm stunned here, this is the ONE thing everyone knew Microsoft had to accomplish to finally break ground in Japan. Nobody thought it possible, nobody.. but here we are.. Final Fantasty XIII meet Xbox 360.

I'm seriously wondering if 360 sales in Japan are going to surge now. There are just too many jRPGs on the system now and with FFXIII onboard ... who would pass? Last I checked the 360 is priced extremely low in Japan, a lot lower then the PS3 thats for sure.

I'm stunned here, this is the ONE thing everyone knew Microsoft had to accomplish to finally break ground in Japan. Nobody thought it possible, nobody.. but here we are.. Final Fantasty XIII meet Xbox 360.

FF13 is time exclusive in Japan.

Yeah, it seems that Microsoft Japan has really gone all out here. The jRPGs all look pretty sweet and two of them are coming much sooner than I had thought they would.

Wow... just wow.
FF13, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, and Last Remnant all coming to 360.
Absolutely ridiculous RPG line-up for 360...

Can a developer push the envelope when developing for two completely different systems though? That's what worries me the most, really.

makes me wonder what square enix announcement they will have at the Sony Press Conference

FF7 remake? -_-

makes me wonder what square enix announcement they will have at the Sony Press Conference

FF7 remake? -_-

Actually, I'm praying that Square stop with all of the freakin' remakes. Seems like all they do is milk their franchises these days.

These are baby steps needed in order for Xbox to take over (or at least dent) the japanese marketplace. We'll know if they've made it in japan if they can ink a deal for Dragon Quest X.

That's gotta be the biggest kick in the nuts to Sony I've heard in quite some time, if not ever.

One-console future indeed.

Just goes to show you that you can release shitty hardware early, and fuck the customer over with RRod issues left and wright and reach in to your bottomless wallets and buy up the exclusives and everyone just looks the other way...hmm.

I will say this I'm glad capcom didn't give in to MS's tactics and give the 360 a timed exclusive on R5. MS is becoming EA all over again, their lineup of 1st party titles is more or less crap so the buy timed exclusives from the big third parties instead of trying to put out quility titles themselves.

I don't care much about FF XIII, but this is major news regardless. It makes way too much sense for Square Enix from a business standpoint.

I'm still shocked though.

Watch Sony announce they bought Epic or something. :p

This just goes to show what HUGE strides that Microsoft has made in competing with Sony. Sure, they might be #2 in the long run on hardware sales due to Blu-Ray or whatever, game publishers...no matter HOW devoted they might be to Sony, always have to make business decisions, and there's FAR too many 360's in the US/Europe to ignore any longer.

I really don't think this is going to be that big of a deal. By the time its out the ps3 will probably have dropped again in price, making it the best sub-$300 bluray player as discs are starting to get cheaper. Plenty of people wanting a console will have bought it for that reason alone, and people in japan certainly if given equal choice will buy a ps3 over a 360. Its not like they announced it wasn't coming out on ps3.

Just goes to show you that you can release shitty hardware early, and fuck the customer over with RRod issues left and wright and reach in to your bottomless wallets and buy up the exclusives and everyone just looks the other way...hmm.

I will say this I'm glad capcom didn't give in to MS's tactics and give the 360 a timed exclusive on R5. MS is becoming EA all over again, their lineup of 1st party titles is more or less crap so the buy timed exclusives from the big third parties instead of trying to put out quility titles themselves.

Sony was any different when they tried to take out both Sega & Nintendo by buying up exclusive after exclusive? Microsoft was a godsend for console gaming. I'm glad they stepped in & gave Sony a taste of there own medicine. On top of all that, they are an American company. A bonus in my opinion =). I hope they get Version XIII as well!

I don't really care, but it'll be nice to get whichever one seems to be better...a la games like GTA, Devil May Cry, etc.
Choice = good.

I really don't think this is going to be that big of a deal. By the time its out the ps3 will probably have dropped again in price, making it the best sub-$300 bluray player as discs are starting to get cheaper.

...and hopefully Microsoft is smart enough to keep their console 100 dollars cheaper, each time Sony lowers their price... or if Microsoft is really smart and aggressive, THEY drop the price first. Keep in mind there's still plenty of people waiting for these two consoles to hit a magic price point. For a lot of people that's 250 bucks or so.

Back