it runs perfectly actually! on my system, see sig, I run it maxed at 1440p and never goes off 30FPS(locked). BUT...How well does this game(s) (depending on your perspective?) run?
Uh, no. It looks good on PCSX2, but not the same. They redid all of the character models and it looks like some of the areas got some work done on them too. It was more than just bumping up the details. Also, it doesn't run at 60fps on the emulator. The emulator is running at 60fps, the game is still 30. The emulator can't rewrite the game's code. The framerate counter on the emulator as well as 3rd party overlays only report with the emulator itself is running at. If the game was running at 60fps everything would be moving twice as fast.it runs perfectly actually! on my system, see sig, I run it maxed at 1440p and never goes off 30FPS(locked). BUT...
if you have an original copy and pcsx2 you get almost the exact same look and 60FPS. biggest differences are no redone video or txt, those still look old. but the 3D looks almost as good.
I have a couple of questions, for those who played the game to its entirety:
1. When the achievement asks you to 'complete' the Sphere Grid for one character, does it mean that I only need to activate every node, or does it mean I have to VISIT every node? And do I need to have all of the empty spheres filled in?
2. Is it just me, or is Rikku completely incapable of taking/dealing any damage early in the game? I have Lulu deaing over 1000 damage with her Ra spells when hitting weakness, yet Rikku only hits for less than 100
Agreed on Riku. What I like to do is take Kimari down Rikku's route to get Steal and some boosts and then send him along Lulu's. Then I have a much better thief that can also serve double duty as a backup black mage and still do half-way decent melee damage. Rikku is capable of neither of those things for a while.
- You have to activate every single node on the entire grid for a character. This means that you also need to use spheres to fill in empty nodes, including ones that were vacated by a lock.
- Rikku's strength is in her Mix ability that she has access to early on. I always saw her as purely a support character, but even at the end-game when nearly everyone has gone through the whole sphere grid she always ends up being my least used character. I don't think her ultimate weapon is on par with the others, either.
You can farm Teleport Spheres from Sleep Sprout at the Monster Arena. They are an 87.5% drop chance for x1.Yeah, Kimari seem to have an awful lot of overlap with other characters (I am using the expert sphere grid), that I wasn't able to keep his path unique. I was able to keep every one's path separate from each other, but I ran into the Ra spells that Lulu had fairly early on.
Forgot about the existence of Mix, probably because I was never a fan of using items as ammo for abilities (I find it extremely wasteful for some reason), so I have been using Rikku pretty much as a thief (she literally cannot do any damage with the attack command).
I hate lock spheres lol.... I think I will need a f-ton of teleport spheres later on, any idea how easy/hard they are to get in numbers? I would need them mainly for the locks, I skipped a lot of them back then (just got my very first level 2 key, and I only used 2 level 1 keys so far because when I get to the locks, I had no key, and when I got the keys, no one were anywhere near the locks).
1. It'll be a while. I can't remember specifically how many hours into the game it is, but it does take time for you to get to the airship.A couple of questions:
(I am just past the romance pond scene)
1. At what point will you be able to go anywhere with the airship, if at all? I want to recruit some blitzball players but for some reason or another, my first stop at Luca didn't let me recruit anyone, and so far my attempts at recruiting anyone seem to fail badly.
2. Is there any particular reason why Auron does a lot more damage than either Kimari and Tidus, even though their strength are not that far apart? Is it just the piercing?
More about 2: I vaguely recall piercing weapons for Tidus but I could be wrong there. Either way that 9999 damage cap can be gotten around but it's a royal pain for some characters. (cap gets raised to 99999)1. It'll be a while. I can't remember specifically how many hours into the game it is, but it does take time for you to get to the airship.
2. Piercing is part of it, yeah. Until you hit either of the two damage caps, Auron does tend to do a bit more damage.
Is that what this PC version looks like? It looks like shit. The PS4 re-master I've been playing looks fantastic, especially compared to that.The fixed cut scene looks nice but the first video is rough, even during the gameplay parts.. Nixshe is saying he can fix the stuttering issues present in the first video. However he is also saying it will take him months, at minimum, to even get all the cut scenes fixed.
Youtube is a terrible source for comparing game quality these days. Everything is horribly compressed to the point where a lot of detail gets lost or muddled. YT's bitrate is so damn low that it is impossible to get an accurate representation of modern games. The actual game looks a lot better than that when playing it.Is that what this PC version looks like? It looks like shit. The PS4 re-master I've been playing looks fantastic, especially compared to that.