Final Fantasy VII Remake

How similar was combnat to FF15? I played the FF15 demo, and got bored with the combat within a couple hours.
It has similarities but I think 7 is a bit more on the action side of things. From what I’ve heard it’s basically the same combat from Kingdom Hearts 3 actually.

It has similarities but I think 7 is a bit more on the action side of things. From what I’ve heard it’s basically the same combat from Kingdom Hearts 3 actually.

that's all I need to hear - Square has been making their combat worse with each new release since FF12.

People keep paying money for crappy game wit hhe Squeenix logo on them...obviously that shit must be worth paying for!

that's all I need to hear - Square has been making their combat worse with each new release since FF12.

People keep paying money for crappy game wit hhe Squeenix logo on them...obviously that shit must be worth paying for!
No it hasn't been since the PS2 era. Once i open my eyes and stop being such a SE fanboy I realized how much their games have sucked the past 15 years.

Last edited:
No it hasnt been since the PS2 era. Once i open my eyes and stop being such a SE fanboy I realized how much their games have sucked the past 15 years.

The Squeenix merger even manged to kill Dragon Quest series (now boring as fuck, I put down both Dragon quest 9 and most-recently Dragon Quest 11 after ten hours or less. For me, the games didn't survive the 3d transition:

There are way too many invisible walls, the provided map is clunky to use (hard to make out where you are, or where your destination is). Also, battles just seem pointless in DQ11, with thing like the preemptive strike (poorly ripped-off from the Tales series) doing nothing to help you, and the crafting system is getting old quick.

The turn based version that they said was going to be in the game was just disappointing to me.

same here! I got used to it after some time, but turn based is so much better IMO. My other major gripe with the game is that it ends when leaving midgar... that was a huge disappointment. Apparently this was known, but I didn’t find out until I beat it. There are huge sections of the game and storyline missing.

with that said, I still really enjoyed it, but unlike the original FFVII there is almost zero reason to ever go back and play it again.

That makes a lot of sense. Timed exclusivity ends March 2nd. So, I wouldn’t be surprised to see an announcement happen sometime in March-April.

Having a PS5 version (likely based on the PC version or vice-versa) is a really smart move as well. Performance on the PS4 and Pro is solid, but there are a lot of ugly textures in the game that are likely the reason for that solid performance. Removing those texture limitations, possibly adding in some RT effects (RT lighting would look absolutely gorgeous in the game if done well), maybe throw in a higher FPS mode, all of that sounds perfect for a PS5 release and would also likely be part of a PC version.

This game is free for PSN subscribers this month. I'm about an hour in and I'm pretty unimpressed. The acting is downright horrendous, it doesn't look/perform particularly well on the PS5, and it isn't sure if it wants to be an action game or an RPG. I guess the price is right, but I'd probably be upset if I dropped $60 on it.

This game is free for PSN subscribers this month. I'm about an hour in and I'm pretty unimpressed. The acting is downright horrendous, it doesn't look/perform particularly well on the PS5, and it isn't sure if it wants to be an action game or an RPG. I guess the price is right, but I'd probably be upset if I dropped $60 on it.
I would of been upset pay $60 but I went in with low expectations and the game still disappointed. It was the final bail in the coffin for me. Never buying another SE game.

Better performance would definitely help the game, but I'm not sure it's totally redeemable. The voice acting and dialogue are just laughably bad. The gameplay I'm still getting adjusted to. It's kind of an action game...but not really. It's kinda sorta turn-based, but it's disguised under a layer of moving around and pressing buttons. It's free for now, so I'm going to keep moving forward and see what happens.

Sony must of had a say into it. Cause I sure as hell don't believe SE would give a free upgrade of the goddess of their heart.

Seems like it's just a gesture to appease people who bought it for PS4, when it's looking like subsequent parts/expansions may be more geared toward the PS5, if not only available on the PS5.

Seems like it's just a gesture to appease people who bought it for PS4, when it's looking like subsequent parts/expansions may be more geared toward the PS5, if not only available on the PS5.
SE doesn't do nice gestures. I have a feeling they didn't even want to do a PS5 version. If they did it would be a HD release for $60.

SE doesn't do nice gestures. I have a feeling they didn't even want to do a PS5 version. If they did it would be a HD release for $60.

I guess whether it was up to SE or Sony it doesn't really matter, but it does seem strange in light of the Yuffie DLC stuff being PS5 only.

Downloaded the PS+ version to give it a whirl (played the initial Mako Reactor area). I enjoyed it - I don't want to get too much into it as I'd rather play the PS5 upgraded version.

The voice acting is terrible, but it also lines up with how I'd expect them to sound in my head when I played the original. Graphics look great, very much more a realized world than the original.

Combat is... not my cup of tea. Very much the modern FF - very flashy and sloppy action. Would've been great to see the new graphics paired up with a combat system similar to the original, maybe say with combat flowing seamlessly (ie: Chrono Trigger) from exploration to combat but primarily turn based.

Thanks to PS+ I got to check it out, and it's kind of nostalgic to play it. The combat is okay though in a way weird. When I am not in a party, I like it better, but when I am with even one other party member it feels awkward especially when switching characters. The enemies basically just target the character you are controlling most of the time and when they don't it seems they do barely any damage to the AI party member. Shame we PS+ version players don't get the PS5 upgraded version. I definitely would like to see if it is visually improved significantly.

For what it's worth, the further I get the more compelling the game is. The voice acting is still awful (and very much cliche' anime with posing, v-signs, effeminate but tough male characters, etc.), but I've become interested in where things are going. The story is only very loosely related to what I recall of the old game. It's also very, very linear thus far. I'm glad I never paid for it, but I don't hate it.

I wouldn't expect anything to be announced til the exclusive ends in April.
So still not confirmed for PC yet?

This is sort of missing a few things. It was guaranteed to be exclusive to the PS4 through April. However they have also stated there are no plans to release it for any platforms outside of Playstation, and a few other things that are a bit more strongly worded that it's staying Sony only. Obviously these things can and do change. But I wouldn't expect any content for it outside of Sony until near the end of the Playstation 5's lifetime at the earliest.

The PS5 version is called Intergrade, coming June. Seems like it has a bit more content in addition to improved graphics. Coming June.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-21-check-out-final-fantasy-7-remake-intergrades-extended-and-enhanced-features-in-this-all-new-trailer

If they do have to wait until April, I still think it might get pushed later on PC. In a best case scenario it will come at the same time as the PS5 version, but probably later after they port it to PC and/or give the PS5 version some exclusivity. Would be bad if it never came. But the last game had a horrid port, so if they do bring it I hope it runs well.

The PS5 version is called Intergrade, coming June. Seems like it has a bit more content in addition to improved graphics. Coming June.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-21-check-out-final-fantasy-7-remake-intergrades-extended-and-enhanced-features-in-this-all-new-trailer

If they do have to wait until April, I still think it might get pushed later on PC. In a best case scenario it will come at the same time as the PS5 version, but probably later after they port it to PC and/or give the PS5 version some exclusivity. Would be bad if it never came. But the last game had a horrid port, so if they do bring it I hope it runs well.
Scroll up a little, my man 🥰

https://hardforum.com/threads/final-fantasy-vii-remake.1981416/post-1044949743

While a tad power-hungry, Death Stranding and Horizon Zero Dawn turned out to be pretty amazing ports from the PS4 to PC. Hopefully they're a good sign for future Sony ports.

I still have very mixed feelings about this game. It's oddly compelling, but it's also completely awful in a lot of ways. It's a bit like Showgirls, the Room, Road House, etc. It's a train wreck you can't turn away from.

ff7 remake Intergrade is exclusive to ps5 for 6 month so next year unfortunately

December, technically. Though, if the exclusivity contract forbids them from even discussing other versions Q1 to early Q2 next year seems more likely as they’d want time to promote it.

As far as Epic exclusivity: Wouldn’t surprise me to see SE take Epic’s money. I also wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up being on Game Pass either, if it gets an Xbox release as well, since SE seems to like putting games on there.

I think it will come to Steam. Japanese developers tend to be traditional and conservative in many ways. Then tend to like not rocking the boat. RE8 and Nier Replicant came to Steam. I expect this to come to both Steam and Epic. But I could be wrong.

Yeah, multiple releases.

external-content.duckduckgo.gif

And I won't be buying it unless I can get the whole thing for the price of one game.

From the sound of things each entry is the length of a typical full size game. And this is a full remake with a lot more content. According to How Long to Beat.com, the original took around 37 hours for the story, 55 with side content. The Remake takes around 33 hours for the story and 43 with side content. That is a full size game. If each entry is of the same size, it will essentially be almost 3 times as much content as the original. I am assuming it will span 3 games. I don't see a problem with them charging full price for what is a full size game with new content.

It is kind of like saying you won't buy Mass Effect until you can grab 2/3 for the price of one game. Or any other multipart series.

It is kind of like saying you won't buy Mass Effect until you can grab 2/3 for the price of one game. Or any other multipart series.

Correction: I won't buy the first three Mass Effects again unless I can get them in a bundle.

And hey look!

Back