Final Fantasy VII Remake

There is at least going to be an exclusivity window, possibly a long one. I would not be surprised if Sony was contributing a lot of money to make this game happen.

Final Fantasy VII was a great game. Can't get excited for this though. I can't get excited for anything in the Final Fantasy VII universe ever since I watched that abomination called Advent Children.

Ah yes, the game that gave an entire generation of gamers the fantasy that they could someday use their weak gamer wrists to somehow wield a sword that resembles some sort of 6' steel girder...

But, that aside, weren't they turning this into some sort of hack 'n' slash? Last I heard it was going to be "real time combat" and the release was going to be episodic (multiple full game releases over time).

Can't think of many, if any, games these days that got upgraded rather than downgraded graphics over the course of development.

Looking good. Still would've preferred a more traditional remake, but that's probably a minority opinion now. I'm glad that it looks like theres some sort of party system at play during combat, even if it's more like the modern FFs have used.

Not sure what the controversy is over Barrett's voice, thats exactly how he sounded in my head playing the original.

Agree with Krenum on Advent Children. So corny that it made me realize just how corny the original FF7 story is too.

Looking good. Still would've preferred a more traditional remake, but that's probably a minority opinion now. I'm glad that it looks like theres some sort of party system at play during combat, even if it's more like the modern FFs have used.

Not sure what the controversy is over Barrett's voice, thats exactly how he sounded in my head playing the original.

Agree with Krenum on Advent Children. So corny that it made me realize just how corny the original FF7 story is too.
Actually, almost all the voices expressed during the teaser are similar to how I heard them originally. All of them except Sephiroth. I imagined him having a deeper, huskier voice kind of like Benedict Cumberbatch.

I hope you're wrong :) That being said if its a 100% exclusive then I may buy a used PS4 to play it.

I picked one up here just for God of War, Spiderman, and this game. I ended up buying about a dozen other games too since its been a while since I've had a playstation. I am enjoying it a lot more than my Xbox one. I highly doubt we will see this remake on PC. Maybe a couple years after release when the PS4 is defunct. Maybe.

Square Enix has no plans to release Final Fantasy VII remake on platforms other than the PS4. This was in response to the Xbox Germany Facebook account mistakenly uploading and then taking down a Final Fantasy VII trailer.

https://mspoweruser.com/square-enix-has-no-plans-to-release-final-fantasy-7-on-other-platforms/

I knew this was going to happen. FF7 was Sony's golden child. It was the reason I begged my parents for an original Playstation. I know they have versions for pretty much all platforms, but the remake has always been a Sony thing. As an adult it was the main reason I bought a PS4.

Well the PC port of XV wasn’t exactly announced at release and took a year or so to get out. I bet VII follows the same path. Even the original VII had a PC port in the day

Well the PC port of XV wasn’t exactly announced at release and took a year or so to get out. I bet VII follows the same path. Even the original VII had a PC port in the day
I'll be on board with you once Square Enix anounces the PC version of Kingdom Hearts III.

I'll be on board with you once Square Enix anounces the PC version of Kingdom Hearts III.

Won't say it's impossible, but not holding my breath on that one. At least the Final Fantasy series has a long precedent of coming to the PC, which actually started with the original VII.

How worth while will the side quests be? In FFXV they were practically worthless and utterly boring, but thankfully you could easily skip right past them without any negative consequences. The game isn't out yet, but by going off the original, did side quests actually contain useful story content?

With luck, UE4 means it won't be a technical mess like the XV.

cool to see someone like Joe who never played the original found it interesting/fun... this is the first time I'm seeing actual gameplay too, and it looks great

cool to see someone like Joe who never played the original found it interesting/fun... this is the first time I'm seeing actual gameplay too, and it looks great

It DOES look great. I have often seen this game mentioned in reverence as one of the best FF games so I am looking forward to finally getting a chance to play it.

Reactions: Youn
like this
did side quests actually contain useful story content?
some were pretty heavy on character development, so much so I didn't realize they were optional at the time. There are more obvious side-quests and mini games which I didn't care for but were at least more meaningful and varied than the littering of mindless fetch quests we see in more modern RPGs

I picked up a ps4 pro just for this.

It's alright so far. I definitely could have waited for the PC version, LOL.

"captured" could mean multiple things. Hope it comes to PC eventually and isn't a crappy port.

Considering virtually every other FF has been ported to PC, if FF7 Remake wasn't also released it would be the exception.

So I guess this game was as much as a flop as I though it was going to be. There is zero discussion about it here and around the web. Sure it sold well and we'll received by the weebos but the general consumer don't care. I played and it was garbage. I will never buying another SE game again personally.

So I guess this game was as much as a flop as I though it was going to be. There is zero discussion about it here and around the web. Sure it sold well and we'll received by the weebos but the general consumer don't care. I played and it was garbage. I will never buying another SE game again personally.

What was garbage about it?

Just about everything. Didn't like what they doing with the story. Side quest were pointless and didn't add anything. The padding everywhere to make it longer. Combat was ok.

How similar was combnat to FF15? I played the FF15 demo, and got bored with the combat within a couple hours.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
I wasn't a big fan. The turn based version that they said was going to be in the game was just disappointing to me. I liked the live combat just fine, the biggest problem is that it made it feel like a current generation Final Fantasy game more than a remake. If I would have known that the idea behind the game was to remake Final Fantasy 7 to fit into the current generation Final Fantasy game play style, I wouldn't have bothered.

Last edited:
Back