Final Fantasy VII Remake

today's patch also changed the last line of the game:

Original: "I miss it. The steel sky"
Patch: "This sky... I don't like it"

Apparently, the new line is closer to what was said in Japanese. Also seems to line up more with stuff she said in Crisis Core. The original sounds a bit more natural to me, but the new one does fit a bit better with her character.

Apparently, the new line is closer to what was said in Japanese. Also seems to line up more with stuff she said in Crisis Core. The original sounds a bit more natural to me, but the new one does fit a bit better with her character.

The original line does sound better. Often times direct translations can be awkward.

already gone

That was fast. Generally, Nexus doesn't have a problem with suggestive content or outright nude mods (in fact, there are several for Remake on the site) so it seems like this one is a specific exception.

That was fast. Generally, Nexus doesn't have a problem with suggestive content or outright nude mods (in fact, there are several for Remake on the site) so it seems like this one is a specific exception.
Regrettably, Nexus (and GameBanana) have been taking increasingly ideologically moderated actions that are at odds with any good faith interpretation of posted rules. Sometimes they outright say "We don't like it, therefore its gone" while allowing a similar mod that makes the very same change in a way they do like (ie changing flags in one regard is prohibited, in the other encouraged. Modding a character model or skin color to change a NPC in one direction is accepted, the other is removed etc) . Its incredibly disappointing to see this evolution as, you mention, they grew to their prominence and usefulness as a mod repo hosting mods that I'm sure SOMEONE found objectionable (ie skyrim sex mods that allowed you to have a harem of companions under your complete control etc) , but they and other mod sites have broken with their past as a repository with set rules to instead seemingly imply that every mod they host they personally like/endorse. The underlying concept of modding was more or less that users could alter the game as they wished beyond the developer's original views. Mod hosting sites were centralized repositories to give easy access to all manner of content ; they had posted rules of course and if some content was prohibited or restricted to a certain sub-area (ie adult mods etc) it was clearly labeled in specific terms. Diverging from this paradigm hurts the community overall and drives modding to disparate sites or even worse, off sites and instead into private hard to archive (and poorly moderated to say the least) Discord chat rooms.

In any case, censorship is antithetical to creative expression conceptually and it happening several years later is especially unfortunate and heralds a world where any piece of media needs to be edited and 'updated' to conform to whatever the loudest and most obnoxious on social media feel is objectionable that week, for fear of bad PR.

Last edited:
I'm lost with all those remakes. Was there one of them with real turn-based combat ? I miss those.
Well the "FFIII 3D Remake" and" FFIV 3D Remake" were remakes with turn based combat that also considerably expanded the game's depth,but they were awhile ago. I highly recommend them as solid options for playing FFIII and especially FFIV on PC. However it seems that the remakes and remasters for FFVII are not totally turn based, or are semi "action turn based" the way FFVII-Remake and Rebirth are, or even FFVII Crisis Core Reunion (a remake of the portable title I think) ; i've heard there may be a similar remake made for Dirge of Cerberus (which was always more action-y) on the way. As I recall those are the ones that (of the games) contain the "canon" stories, excepting something like Ever Crisis (a turn based, mobile focused but PC ported retelling of FFVII and Crisis Core + also adding stuff on Sephiroth when he was younger but not sure if its still kinda sorta canon or not...but it also misses the Dirge of Cerberus stuff about Vincent etc).

Square seems to be leaving their totally turn based stuff elsewhere in other games, be they remastered (ie Tactics Ogre), or new (Harvestella, Triangle Strategy, all of the Tokyo Factory games like and others), or iterations on a series (Octopath Traveller, Bravely Default - note its rumored that Bravely Default 1 and its direct sequel will finally come to PC this year!)

Last edited:
I started playing this game. Spent 16 hours and hit chapter 9. There is a lot of fluff that I would take out from it. I also don't know wtf is the controversy with the new patch as I am playing on PS5. Can someone summarize what is the issue.

On that note, Tifa has some great knockers but I got her the less revealing dress since I voted Exotic. Now I regret that decision.

Game is nothing but fluff. All the side content is boring rinse and repeat in every new zone. It is worse then FFr part 1. Intentionally drawn out screens are also annoying af. Graphics are nothing special and even down right ugly in places. The texture pop in is terrible for a modern game. SE lost its magic a long time ago. Idk why I keep supporting this turd of a company.

Uploaded to Based Mods:
https://basedmods.eth.limo/mod/6dlebBgq6yeUnVBIaJ9oHH5X5omu7_A0hmGNa2xWo0Q/

Bonus mod that fixes Tifa's adult model bust size in the rest of the game to match the original 1997 game:
https://basedmods.eth.limo/mod/cmqNfLj07LqUNEldNBLBbBx5YAOXqjdXrBzrdwb_oHo/

1709678379732.png

Someone must be smoking some serious shrooms to put these many bosses in last 3-4 chapters. Also is Crisis Core worth playing or just move on to rebirth after this game? I am on chapter 18 but don’t know if I have the strength to carry on and finish it today. This game is a huge time sink.

Someone must be smoking some serious shrooms to put these many bosses in last 3-4 chapters. Also is Crisis Core worth playing or just move on to rebirth after this game? I am on chapter 18 but don’t know if I have the strength to carry on and finish it today. This game is a huge time sink.

If you're already familiar with the story of FF7, just read a summery of Crisis Core's plot. Reunion is significantly better than the PSP original, but it's mostly a core gameplay improvement. I don't think it's worth playing if you're going in purely for the story If you have never played the OG FF7 and are not familiar with the plot, just skip it completely and go right into Rebirth. Leave some mystery intact for Rebirth to reveal.

Game is nothing but fluff. All the side content is boring rinse and repeat in every new zone. It is worse then FFr part 1. Intentionally drawn out screens are also annoying af. Graphics are nothing special and even down right ugly in places. The texture pop in is terrible for a modern game. SE lost its magic a long time ago. Idk why I keep supporting this turd of a company.
I still like the Enix part of Square Enix, but as for the Square properties, they've really taken a nose dive.

I enjoyed Crisis Core, mainly for the gameplay. I think the story was not done well. There are some side quests that give you some items that may be useful but you will find them derivative quickly. It was originally designed as a PSP game, and side encounters and overall map design certainly feels like it was designed around a portable console. But the main combat encounters are enjoyable. I would say it depends on how much you liked FF7 Rebirth.

Are you a real cop? Because most cops know that you don't smoke shrooms. You either dry them out and eat 'em or boil them and strain 'em into tea or kool-aid, least that 's how it was in the 80's for me.

I think the combat in Crisis Core was pretty weak say compared to something like DMC5. But you may like it.

Uploaded to Based Mods:
https://basedmods.eth.limo/mod/6dlebBgq6yeUnVBIaJ9oHH5X5omu7_A0hmGNa2xWo0Q/

Bonus mod that fixes Tifa's adult model bust size in the rest of the game to match the original 1997 game:
https://basedmods.eth.limo/mod/cmqNfLj07LqUNEldNBLBbBx5YAOXqjdXrBzrdwb_oHo/

View attachment 639717
I still can't believe they gave her remake a reduction, any guy that lives outside of parent's basements know woman can have massive breasts like that in real life.
Also, I haven't played or seen any FF7 outside the 97 game and I guess the extended English dub movie Advent Children. Is this remake an actual remake or a "OMG I have to save Aeris from dying" time re-do thingahmajiggy?

Thanks I will skip Crysis core then. I need to finish the remake first.

Is intermission worth the price of dlc. It is 22 bucks for 2 episodes but then again FF7 was free on PS plus and probably only reason I played it.

I still can't believe they gave her remake a reduction, any guy that lives outside of parent's basements know woman can have massive breasts like that in real life.
Also, I haven't played or seen any FF7 outside the 97 game and I guess the extended English dub movie Advent Children. Is this remake an actual remake or a "OMG I have to save Aeris from dying" time re-do thingahmajiggy?
I would say it's a remake. It's like an alternate universe FF7. Similar plot, but a lot has changed.

And the gameplay is completely different.

I guess that's why I like Dragon Quest. Dragon Quests are an evolution of the previous game in the series. The later Final Fantasies no longer resemble the earlier ones. It's now an action RPG.

Thanks I will skip Crysis core then. I need to finish the remake first.

Is intermission worth the price of dlc. It is 22 bucks for 2 episodes but then again FF7 was free on PS plus and probably only reason I played it.

It was fun although I didn't care for it as much as the main game but that can be said for most DLC. If you enjoyed the main game you will enjoy this. Though the PC version includes the DLC.

Game is decent enough for me to indulge in story but if the DLC is fluff I will skip just like I am skipping Crisis Core.

Any tips on how to beat the last boss. I was doing so well and then it turned into a dragon and threw purple fireballs that killed my whole team. Wtf.

Back