Final Fantasy 15 PS4 Pro users...

zamardii12

2[H]4U
I have been wanting to pickup FF 15 for a long time, but i've been holding out for the PC version but I think my patience is running out and I can buy it for cheap. When searching Google for "Final Fantasy 15 PS4 Pro," I ran across less than favorable results mostly from Digital Foundry quoted through Polygon saying that the frame pacing is bad, "Lite" mode is 1080p but at a unlocked FPS which tends to be around 40-50 fps according to Digital Foundry.

In summary they basically said "PS4 Pro owners are stuck with either an inconsistent unlocked frame rate that’s well below 60 fps at 1080p, or a higher-resolution 30 fps mode that “gives the illusion of running at a lower frame-rate owing to the frame-pacing issues.”

What are your experiences with it? This was published back in February so I am curious how and if it has changed. I wouldn't mind getting the PS4 Pro version b/c when I played the Xbox One version as a rental it was horrible when the game launched. It looked terrible and the FPS sucked.

FF XV's performance on PS4 Pro is exactly the reason why I am waiting on the PC version.

In fact, I find the whole "better hardware means f all" pretty annoying from both PS4 AND Xbox One.

The Xbox One X version doesn't have the frame pacing issues the PS4 Pro has. It is also not doing checkerboarding. Along with the increased texture resolution it not only runs better, but looks better.

The Xbox One X version doesn't have the frame pacing issues the PS4 Pro has. It is also not doing checkerboarding. Along with the increased texture resolution it not only runs better, but looks better.

Damn. Guess I have to be more patient and wait for the PC version. PLEASE be fucking stable when it releases.

I've played it a bit on the PS4 Pro. I set it to "Stable" mode or whatever and it seems fine, no noticeable frame drops. On "High" quality (forced 4K I believe) it can get pretty jittery, though. I honestly didn't see a huge graphical difference between High and Stable so I just keep it on Stable.

Not sure when the article you read was written but originally I guess it was just "High" and "Lite" modes, so either crappy graphics or bad framerate drops. They added Stable mode awhile back.

I've played it a bit on the PS4 Pro. I set it to "Stable" mode or whatever and it seems fine, no noticeable frame drops. On "High" quality (forced 4K I believe) it can get pretty jittery, though. I honestly didn't see a huge graphical difference between High and Stable so I just keep it on Stable.

Not sure when the article you read was written but originally I guess it was just "High" and "Lite" modes, so either crappy graphics or bad framerate drops. They added Stable mode awhile back.
Stable mode was added in patch 1.09 back in April this year, just for reference.

Back