Final Fantasy 14 with Eyefinity

capnstabn

Gawd
Anyone play Final Fantasy 14 beta with eyefinity or nvidia surround? About to make a video card upgrade and switch off my PLP setup to 3xU2311H. Just curious what the experience has been with Eyefinity first before I go to all this trouble. Btw please leave out the comments about this gaming being a total POS. I agree for the most part but I am still going to give it a shot.

the beta was not friendly to either eyefinity or nvidia surround. not to mention xfire/sli but some ppl did manage to get xfire/sli to "work" with some effort.

I didn't play the beta on my setup, but my roommate did with his GTX 480 SLI surround setup at 5760x1080.

He had to turn down the settings and it was still laggy: 15-30ish fps. From what he told me, FFXIV likes ATI cards better right now. I did run the FFXIV bench and got a higher score with my stock 5870's than he did with his massively OC'd watercooled 480's.

Last edited:
It worked great for me. Everything looked fine in eyefinity, though I didnt play too much. All i pretty much did was walk around for half an hour then stopped.

i have 1 Asus Rog Matrix 5870 2GB model. and eyefinity was amazing. frames did drop in certain area with a lot of people but other than that it was playable. I want to get a 2nd Rog Matrix hopefully sometime early next year

Crossfire was working for me. I had no issue.
smile.gif

it worked for me too.

SLI worked fine for me.

From the experimenting I did, it seemed the game was highly CPU limited for many people.

I'm surprised so many people were surprised that the beta and the alpha *gasp* had bugs! *gasp*. It's a freaking beta people, get over it.

That being said, by the end of the open beta it was a lot cleaner than when it entered. We'll see how it all pans out. If you're looking for something to be super polished on release day, well keep looking. But that's all MMOs.

Back