file sharing in vista

nomak

Limp Gawd
I have vista home edition and I keep turning off file sharing and everytime I turn my computer back on the next day the file sharing has been re enabled.. why is this and how do I stop it.. thanks..

When you say you turn off file sharing....do you mean Simple File Sharing?

under the network and sharing center where the options for file sharing, printer sharing and public folder sharing,etc... this is where I turn off the option for the file sharing and when I turn my computer back on the next day it re enables itself..I guess this is refered to as the simple file sharing.. thanks...

No, Simple File Sharing is an option under Folder Properties that gives you some kiddie wizard to share folders, as opposed to just setting it up the normal way.

Do you have any folders or devices shared? Are you blocking file sharing with your firewall?

No, Simple File Sharing is an option under Folder Properties that gives you some kiddie wizard to share folders, as opposed to just setting it up the normal way.

Do you have any folders or devices shared? Are you blocking file sharing with your firewall?

not sure about shared folders or devices with out checking.. its a relatives computer and not my personal but I will check next time I see it and update u with what I find then.. thanks though for your help...

just an update got the problem fixed it was a dell pc that had some dell network assistant software that basically worked like the windows network sharing center does but has a more eye candy look to it..it had expired after 90 days and I guess by default it was set to overide windows settings and would re enable the file sharing tab when ever it was turned off.. Uninstalled this dell software and fixed the problem..Hate when dell puts all there third party crap on computers you buy through them...

Back