file sharing file server solution help?

IcW@TeR

2[H]4U
the people i work with work on different aspects of say powerpoint docs, i do the graphics sound etc. scot does the copy and data and so on.
well things get too big to email and i really don't want to show these folks how to use ftp programs to upload and download things.
so i was thinking something like an image uploader where they can download anything from a directory and theres an automated system for them to upload files to the server.
i want a central location to keep our projects that we all have access to and possibly that we can link clients to specific files.

anything dummy proof like that exist?

i'd appreciate any ideas you might have :) i was thinking something i could just install on some web hosting space, but i'm open to new ideas

first of all, are all of the users in the same location/network, or spread out into different locations?

I came accross this a while back http://badblue.com , seems to do exactly what you want

badblue is a webserver that kind of acts like a local file server for browsing and uploading set shares and permissions, theres a free version, give it a try

badblue is a webserver that kind of acts like a local file server for browsing and uploading set shares and permissions, theres a free version, give it a try

i will, thanks. though keep the suggestions comming

edit: can that be installed on my webspace? my comcast upload speed is ass and wouldn't make people trying to download files very happy

Back