Fiio E9 Headphone Amp - $28 +freeshipping (Amazon.com)

I like my sound, but I know nothing about this.

I just have a pair of HD555s.

Should I buy this?

even if you snagged one, they aren't going to honor the e9 at that price - you'll get a d3

so heads up, if you 'got in on this amazing deal' and you don't want a d3 - you should cancel your order...

even if you snagged one, they aren't going to honor the e9 at that price - you'll get a d3

so heads up, if you 'got in on this amazing deal' and you don't want a d3 - you should cancel your order...

All the other sellers stock of E9's went down to 0. The only company where the D3 went down instead of the E9 was MICCA.

All the other sellers stock of E9's went down to 0. The only company where the D3 went down instead of the E9 was MICCA.

yes all that is updated electronically... it's not like the instant you order your item is placed in the mail and the actual physical stock is updated

what happened was a mistake on amazons part - they crossed up two products and hundreds of items were sold incorrectly...

i really don't think any of them will be honored come monday when things actually start to get boxed and shipped

what you'll get is the product they intended you to get with a little note inside the box that explains the situation...

again, i'm not hating on the guys/gals that successfully ordered the e9 - and who knows, a few may actually arrived

but don't be surprised when you don't get what you ordered...

I will be interesting to see what Amazon says when I call and say that they messed up my order and I got the wrong item. From my side I have an Amazon order and confirmation that shows me ordering an E9 but getting an D3.

Not that I am going to be a huge jerk to anyone if I get the D3. It will be funny to see how this gets resolved.

Don't you think they would notify you via. email before knowingly shipping you a product that you didn't order?

I will be interesting to see what Amazon says when I call and say that they messed up my order and I got the wrong item. From my side I have an Amazon order and confirmation that shows me ordering an E9 but getting an D3.

Not that I am going to be a huge jerk to anyone if I get the D3. It will be funny to see how this gets resolved.

It'll be interesting to see how Amazon responds. I know if this mistake was made on a product they actually sold they'd probably give a $20 credit for your trouble and in a few cases they'd probably give the E9 for the price that you paid for it (assuming they actually sold the E9). Since we're talking about a product sold by a third party (even though it's fulfilled by Amazon), I'm not really sure what they'll do.

I submitted a cancellation for my E7/E9 order and only the E7 was able to be cancelled, so I guess I'll be returning a D3 soon :p

Don't you think they would notify you via. email before knowingly shipping you a product that you didn't order?
Well the product is fulfilled by amazon and it seems the mixup was due to Amazon mixing the products, so Amazon really have any notice that they're shipping the wrong product. From that email, it sounds like the actual seller has figured out the problem but in the mean time Amazon has already processed a lot of orders.

Can't cancel my order, I wasted a $10 coupon on this mess up and want it back lol.

The D3 is a fantastic, DAC.. by the way.. it sounds much better than the E7 and supports 24bit/192Khz

It makes a great combo with the E9..

damn great price! i use the e7 and the e9 combo for my sennheiser hd650s

I almost bit. But I only have harx-900's and I'm not sure they can utilize this very well. Which in turn will make me spend more money on headphones that can when I'm perfectly happy with what I have.

Mine hasn't been cancelled and still says "Shipping Soon", so fingers crossed that I'll get it. If not, meh, I'll just return it. Though, someone said the D3 is a great DAC, so it might be worth keeping? Has anyone tried it?

mine is shipped, now I have to kick myself for a good pair of headphones and a dac, any advice beside the e7?

mine says still shipping also. Seems like the last few things ive ordered from amazon have taken like 3 days just to ship though for some reason. I called back to cancel one order cause it was taking to long and they shipped it overnight.

Got an email that mine is shipping. I ordered from Micca and chose overnight shipping (since I am a prime member).

Just got the following item. Wonder if I should email amazon and say that the item I ordered was $28 and now it's 111. So my promotional offer expired...

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability from our suppliers, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

"FiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DAC"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers. Please visit the detail page for this item below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M172FY

If you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, this cancellation may affect your order's eligibility for that offer. If this is the case, please contact customer service:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just got the following item. Wonder if I should email amazon and say that the item I ordered was $28 and now it's 111. So my promotional offer expired...

Who did you order from?

Mine shipped from Micca, overnight shipping (prime). It still says its the E9 amp on the shipping but we'll see today.

Schalldämpfer;1038011752 said:
Mine from Comp-U-Plus Rockland shipped.

Keep us updated on what you get, I am getting mine from there as well. I think mine is shipping monday though :(

Back