Fiio E9 Headphone Amp - $28 +freeshipping (Amazon.com)

compslckr

[H]F Junkie
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I also have an E7+E9+HD600 setup. It's great.

This is a powerful, uncolored amp and totally worth it's original price.

In for one even though I'm guessing this will be another one of those "pricing" mistakes.

Sick deal! I'm in for one even though I don't really need it. *looks at his MisterX XP clone amp*

In for one even though I'm guessing this will be another one of those "pricing" mistakes.

I think you might be right, my order went through and i received a confirmation email but when i click on the order link from email there are no orders listed on the amazon site, do the orders show up for you guys?

Hmm, somehow my original order is from "DBROTH" and it did not show up in orders, i re-ordered from seller "Micca" (The actual fiio distributor), and it showed up right away.

so make sure you order from Micca!!! I figure worst case scenerio ill have two and i can sell one to someone here in Canada... (I have US shipping address)

wow...what a deal. I was looking to purchase an amp as well for my new headphones.

I pounced on the deal as well. Got mine from Sound Around Special Inc as well. Great find OP!

hopefully, if it is a pricing mistake then amazon will honor it instead of just cancelling all the orders.... anyone have any info on outcomes of past amazon pricing mistakes? :rolleyes:

hopefully, if it is a pricing mistake then amazon will honor it instead of just cancelling all the orders.... anyone have any info on outcomes of past amazon pricing mistakes? :rolleyes:

From past experiences, they usually honor the mistake.

In for 1. This'll be my first USB DAC, coming from a slightly modded Zero DAC. So far more order looks good.

I don't believe the E9 is a DAC -- I think it's just an amp that can be docked with the E7 for use as a DAC.

I had looked around for headphone amps in the past (right about when I got my HD280 Pro's), and couldn't find any in my budget range. But for $28... Also, this has a 1/8" and 1/4" jack so I can choose to use either the 280's or the 555's without having to use a converter AND it's also an amplifier?

In for one! Thanks OP. :D

Just tried to add to cart while it was $28 from Micca and it loaded up at $119. For $28 I would buy it just to have on those rare occasions that I want to use cans but not at $119. I have a man cave that I can blast music in at 2am if I wish to do so. :( Congrats to those who get it at $28.

no you have to add to cart through other seller micca isnt the only one are you sure its all corrected?

sold out - edit, shows $28 and in stock - once you order and you check your accounts page it's back up to $118

i canceled mine, cause for $30 it's a steal, for $120 - not so much...

Here's what MICCA had to say about this

"What a screw up.

Guys,

Here's what happened. About 10pm EST last night, Amazon for some reason, merged the listings of FiiO D3 and E9. The listing for the stand-alone D3 is simply gone.

From our back end, we see that all of the current orders of E9s at the $28 price are for the Amazon SKU for FiiO D3. So everyone that bout at this price will receive a D3, not a E9.

Needless to say, there will be a lot of frustrated and angry customers. I myself am flabbergasted as to how this could have happened. No doubt, many of you will choose to return the D3 instead of keeping it. All I ask is that if you do return it, please keep it in unopened condition. While this is not our fault, and we at least have not sold hundreds of E9's at $28 a piece including shipping, we do still stand to lose a significant amount of money from all of the fees and returns.

We are in contact with Amazon to get all of this sorted out.

Jack"

Looks like all of us are going to be getting a different product that what is advertised. At least from people who ordered from MICCA.

So glad I snagged one. Amazon mobile in school = win.

Back