Fiio E3 $8.45 shipped, excellent headphone amp for the $

I have ordered a ton of items from dx. I never had a problem. I usually get my stuff in about 2 weeks.

I just ordered one, I can wait, I have ordered fromm them before and it took a while but heh $9 no big deal.

I had to do a paypal dispute but I got my money back... they never shipped, even after a month, and wouldn't respond to my emails and support tickets. Horrible company.

There's a few ebay merchants that sell them, one of them is based in the US and selling them for $13.95 shipped "Buy It Now". While it is about $5 more they ought to arrive a lot faster than the ones from china imho.

Other ebay sellers: http://search-desc.ebay.com/fiio_W0QQfromZR41QQftsZ2

That's the guy I got mine from, probably about 5 days total from purchasing and receiving...

Shitty packaging, but there isn't much to it... I threw away the box anyways...

And he seems to only have white ones, I requested a black one but no go :(

I've got a pair of senheiser's hd 555, and a soon-to-arrive x-fi fatal1ty pro sound card. I have noticed the hd555's don't have as much bass as I thought they would, what kind of performance would an amplifier like this have on a similar setup? And more importantly, IF the amp runs on national opamp wouldn't that negate/conflict with the sound the x-fi produces?

They sent me updates with info about the backorder and gave me an opportunity to cancel the order. I just stuck it out and I got my order confirmation 2 days ago. Great company IMO.

I finally got mine in from China. Its the black model and works great with my DT-770Pro. Gonna try modded KSC-75 later.

Here's a review:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2008/07/fiio-e3-headphone-amplifier-mini-review.php

I picked one of these up for my sons CX500's, it works just fine. Battery life is around 17-20 hours. It drains as long as a headphone is plugged in.

I wasn't planning on getting an amp for my ATH-A700's, but after hearing the volume and bass these add to em I plan on getting an Airhead or Little Dot MK1 next month.

My ATH (sig) are amped (also sig) ... high quality cans, but you knew they didnt need the amp by any stretch. This doesnt change the fact that they sound better with it through.

When I was deciding whether I should amp them or not, it was a weighed cost/benefit decision too, but with this amp, the cost is SO LOW, well why the hell not get them amped.

Also, I've ordered tons of stuff from DX, allways good service and especialy price.

Cons being that some of the stuff is cheapy-chinese made, and fails shortly after purchase, but the reviews the items get from the ppl on their attached forum pretty much will tell you if its worth it.

Cant beat free shipping from Hon Kong.

If you know the quality of the item you are buying and you do not mind waiting about a month DX is great. I ordered some flashlights and I was expecting about 1 out of 10 to not work. I had three bad ones out of about 40. No problems getting them to send me 3 more, though the wait was long again.

Just know what you are buying and you should be pleased.

I just ordered one from the ebay US seller. 13.95 and since he's in NY, I should get it in a few days.

Got mine 2 days ago, after waiting 2 months. Long time to wait, but it's not like I really needed it badly or anything anyway.

Just placed my order. Curious to see if it will make a difference with my Grado SR60 :)

Just placed my order yesterday. Gonna use it w/ my Zune/KSC75s. Depending on how much differance they make I may get one or two more later, as I use a pair of KTXPro1s on my computer.

I know I don't get the volume from my Zune that I do w/ my computer thats the main reason I am getting this.

Is there a way to mod them to run off from USB? 5v to 1.5v possible?

I'm very impressed. Great sound from such a simple device. I'm using it to run some Everglides.

Just placed my order yesterday. Gonna use it w/ my Zune/KSC75s. Depending on how much differance they make I may get one or two more later, as I use a pair of KTXPro1s on my computer.

I know I don't get the volume from my Zune that I do w/ my computer thats the main reason I am getting this.

Got my amp today. Not sure if I am getting better sound quality with my Zune/KSC75s but I can now max them out, not sure if thats a good thing or not :)

9days for shipping from Hong Kong is pretty good if you ask me.

This amp is great, can't believe how much sound they packed into that little box! Shameless plug with respect for this awesome amp. I'm selling it together with a pair of Head-Direct RE2 earphones here, so anyone interested in that combo won't have to wait for shipping from Hong Kong like I did.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1033229365#post1033229365

I am just going to upgrade to a more expensive setup is all!

Before people go out and buy dozens of the E3 models, save a coupla pennies for the new E5 model due to be released any day now supposedly.

That reviewer claims the E5 will likely be priced below $20, we shall see...

Back