Fiio E3 $8.45 shipped, excellent headphone amp for the $

Kinda want one... anyone have experience with ordering from this site?

I have ordered many things from this site, so here is what I have learned:

It takes at least three weeks to receive item, often times more with the free shipping option.

They do not seem to stock everything on their site and ship things when ever they get them in stock. For example, if you order ten different things, you will probably be getting at least five different packages spread out over the course of a month starting at least three weeks after your order. I have received a padded envelope with nothing in it except ten rubber washers before all the way from China!

If an item never comes, forget about it, because it never will. I had ordered a few things including a r/c helicopter. Well, I eventually received all my other items, but the helicopter did not come after two months. I e-mailed them about six times over the course of two weeks and got nothing but frustration. I finally tried to get my money back through paypal, but for what ever reason that did not work at all either.

I will not buy from them again because of my horrible experience with them, but I did like the stuff I actually received for how much I paid! I am pretty sure their reseller ratings are horrible too...

I have ordered many things from this site, so here is what I have learned:

It takes at least three weeks to receive item, often times more with the free shipping option.

They do not seem to stock everything on their site and ship things when ever they get them in stock. For example, if you order ten different things, you will probably be getting at least five different packages spread out over the course of a month starting at least three weeks after your order. I have received a padded envelope with nothing in it except ten rubber washers before all the way from China!

If an item never comes, forget about it, because it never will. I had ordered a few things including a r/c helicopter. Well, I eventually received all my other items, but the helicopter did not come after two months. I e-mailed them about six times over the course of two weeks and got nothing but frustration. I finally tried to get my money back through paypal, but for what ever reason that did not work at all either.

I will not buy from them again because of my horrible experience with them, but I did like the stuff I actually received for how much I paid! I am pretty sure their reseller ratings are horrible too...

Agreed. Never ordering from them again. I'd try eBaying this amp for a little more, which a lot of Head-Fi users have instead of DX. I'm done with these assholes.

Ordered an Acekard 2 with free shipping, over 2 weeks and still haven't gotten it. Tracking info is hardly ever updated, if ever.

Lots of people got it in a week or so on headfi. It will come. Their resellerratings is pretty decent too.

I've probably placed 4 orders or so with DX and never had a problem. My last order was just a month ago, bought 4 Supercard DS Ones and all 4 were shipped together and arrived in a little over a week.

I just placed my third order with them last night for another green laser and a 7" usb touchscreen film . They do take a while, but some of their prices are unbeatable.

Try finding a 30mw green laser in the states for 25 bucks. Or a 200mw red laser for 45. Yea, good luck. Its even worth it considering the higher powered green lasers can get nabbed by customs. I could try 7 or 8 times before I spent the money I would to buy a similar model in the states.

Also, sometimes they ship things separately. I got my black headed matches a few weeks before I got my first green laser. But that is only an inconvenience if you get your hopes up when you see the USPS slip.

Ordered 1, guess we'll see if I can tell teh diff or not :)

If you're using stock earbuds...probably not. If you're using good headphones, you'll probably get a SQ improvement. If you were using good headphones that were too high impedance for your source, then it should give you a volume improvement. Since it offsets a chunk of the burden of providing power to the headphones to another battery, almost everyone should see some improvement in their play time per charge.

I got HD 280's / Sony V600's / Everglide 500's... all ~$80-100 headphones

Coming out of my Razer Barracuda w/ FLAC or V0 mp3's

but for $8 I doubt it'd hurt... I have a Zune30 I'd use it on too... for those I have the Sonix $25 off Costco, but have been planning to upgrade the IEM's for the Zune... I "rented" some Creative Aurvana headphones from CC and really liked them... but they were $88 there, $66 on newegg...

Hmm, I wonder how those V600s relate to the V6/7506s?

Well, when you want to act on those plans, start a thread in the Audio section...fun times. :D

I bit, I hear they add a bit of bass so they might not be so good w/ my DT770's but they should help the Sennheiser 555's quite a bit. I find them quite lacking in the bass dept.

Yup exactly why I got it. I have a pair of HD555 and Shure e2c and I hope this will help a bit. My ATH-A900 probably not. Lol cant see how you can want more bass with DT770.

In for 2 - my UM1 could use a bass boost for train rides, and my friend needs a cheap amp for his K240s.

Thanks for the heads-up - I missed this thread on head-fi.

The fiio adds bass. I think the K240S has enough as is! :p Whether this amp can properly tighten the bass is another matter.

fss69 did you read the comments on head-fi? It seems like the Fiio makes the bass tighter and adds a little detail through the whole audio range. Whether that's true or not has yet to be seen, hopefully I'll get mine in a week or so.

Mine never came... it still says it hasn't been shipped yet (nearly a month later) and they will not reply to my support inquires since the first one. I'm filing a papal dispute.

Mine hasnt shipped either. It says on the website that they will be back in stock 9/20/08, so i'll wait till then for a email confirmation on the amp.

Mine hasnt shipped either. It says on the website that they will be back in stock 9/20/08, so i'll wait till then for a email confirmation on the amp.

They said mine was in stock and packaged on 8/25 or something like that (the last time they replied to an email). I figure I'll get my money back from PayPal and go from there.

Can you use this as an amp on say a laptop or is it strictly for MP3 players?

Meh, it's $9 I'll wait and hope they have them in stock and eventually ship. It's not like I need this or anything, just thought it was a good deal.

This little guy can actually take 3volts :)
I have 2 AA batteries in a Radio Shack enclosure powering the amp which is driving my Denon AH-D2000's. At least until my new amp gets here...

On the stock AAA battery, my Denon's would drain it in maybe 3 hours.

Sorry for you guys. Mine came, it's SMALL. It works really well for $10 dollars. I notice a difference on my Grado SR80. Not omg huge, but definitely worth keeping.

I bought 3 of these amps from this website around mid August and all 3 came in together about 2 weeks later. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet though (left mine at a friend's house) but my buddy said there was a ‘good’ noticeable difference when using with his Sennheisers.

mine finally got shipped, ordered 8/16 shipped 9/30. took a while but what ever I was only out 10 bucks

-rad

Heh, I went ahead and cancelled and ordered one off ebay for $13...

It's way better than expected, now I plan to get a better headphone amp instead... use this one for the Zune while travellin...

ordered this about 2 months ago, no product yet. latest update on the website says processing :/ pretty lame but a $10 lesson well learned. never even considering buying from them again

ordered this about 2 months ago, no product yet. latest update on the website says processing :/ pretty lame but a $10 lesson well learned. never even considering buying from them again

You can go with a refund... you do realize that right?

I contacted them and they replied very fast, a.) telling me the product was almost back in stock and if I was sure I wanted to refund I could go through a little process... so I did that and they said 1-5 days and it took 3 I think...

Not hard...

Back