Fightstick stops working in SFV after changing USB port

Tych-0

Gawd
Hello, I've been successfully using my SF4 original TE stick in SFV since shortly after release. At first with a XOutput, but since season 2 patch it's been working just fine using the now supported Directinput.

Yesterday I changed which usb port I was using for the stick, and it didn't work. I tried for a bit to get it to work, but no dice, so I figured no big deal I'll just plug it back in the original port and I should be fine. Nope. SFV doesn't see that a stick is plugged in at all, but both windows and Steam see it just fine and recognize all buttons and stick movements. I've tried uninstalling the stick in device manager and get the same result, uplugging and pluggin back in in game and nothing, just the sound of Windows recognizing the stick, but DirectInput Controller Setting in the game remains greyed out.

Please help!

Thank you for your reply.

I have it working again in the original port, the problem was I had enabled ps4 and xbox compatability in Steam trying to get the other port to work and it stopped it from being recogniszed by the game at all in any port. Turning that off solved my problems for the original port.

The reason I changed it originally is because the computer hangs if it plugged into the original port, but boots fine in the new one I tried. Once in Windows the original port works just fine. Frustrating.

Back