Fighting spam.

Tech249

n00b
What are some of you folks deploying for clients? We've been using ORF and Untangle at a few places.

Just keeping my eyes open in case there is a real solid solution we don't know about...

For small and medium clients I deploy cloud based solutions. Personally, I'm a GFI partner and use their cloud service MAXMail. http://www.gfi.com/hosted-email-security

Works well and cake to manage. I've got some clients that just manage their accounts themselves, and I just bill it out :)

Last edited:
Forefront. Hosted by Microsoft. Works great. About 500 mailboxes.

Easy to manage and deploy, so so at actual spam blocking.

As a user in an environment that uses it, there is a lot of shit that slips through.

As a user in an environment that uses it, there is a lot of shit that slips through.

My experience is the exact opposite. In my organization it stops about 95% of all spam with 0 false positives. Users don't log in to the portal to even check because it is that good.

My experience is the exact opposite. In my organization it stops about 95% of all spam with 0 false positives. Users don't log in to the portal to even check because it is that good.

Maybe ours is just setup poorly, I dont manage it :(

Anyone work with Xeams? Looks interesting, going to test it out.

I do, its not bad, requires some customization though, out of the box it gets a lot of false positives. Their support is pretty good through.

I do, its not bad, requires some customization though, out of the box it gets a lot of false positives. Their support is pretty good through.

Could you share some of those customization's you did?

Back