*FIGHT* Yate Loon vs Panaflo *FIGHT*

Majin

2[H]4U
If a 120mm Yate Loon was to get in the ring with a 120mm Panaflo, who would win?

What is the better fan for
Sound
CFM of air moved
Undervolting

The Yate Loon D12SL-12 are better for quiet environments in a low restriction environment (case fans and general air movers). Panaflos will have more pressure at equal RPM because of their thickness and blade design, so are more suited for Rads and restrictive conditions. However, I have personally used both the Medium Speed Panaflos and compared them to Japanese Sanyo Denki 38mm thick fans and find that the Sanyo's are superior in dBa as they have Zero Motor noise.

J-Mag said:
The Yate Loon D12SL-12 are better for quiet environments in a low restriction environment (case fans and general air movers). Panaflos will have more pressure at equal RPM because of their thickness and blade design, so are more suited for Rads and restrictive conditions. However, I have personally used both the Medium Speed Panaflos and compared them to Japanese Sanyo Denki 38mm thick fans and find that the Sanyo's are superior in dBa as they have Zero Motor noise.

well then. im gonna buy some of your sanyos that comapre with the M1A's

and yea im also QFT'ing the first bit. dont put a yate loon on yer rad.... put it as case fans to move air around and they are quite audible to me at 12v, they gotta drop down to the 1000rpm range to quiet down.

Back