FIFA 15 with "next gen" engine, coming to PC, system requirements

LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
Mildly interested, but I'm more impressed that it even exists considering the last PC version's(when they were still made, proper engine, I mean) were built on a previous gen engine, and EA stated that there was no market on the PC, about a year ago, but hey, here we are today. Maybe this means other sports may follow.......

http://www.easports.com/fifa/news-updates-gameplay/article/fifa-15-features-info-pc

On June 9, we will officially reveal FIFA 15 at our E3 Press Conference. Today, we are proud to announce that our EA SPORTS IGNITE engine, powering all EA SPORTS titles on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, will now also run FIFA 15 on PC.

The PC version will include all the same core features coming to the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. Learn more about all those features beginning on June 9.

Recommended Specifications:
CPU: Intel i5-2550K @ 3.4Ghz
RAM: 8GB
Hard Drive Space Required: 15.0 GB
Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon HD 6870, NVIDIA GTX 460
DirectX: 11.0

Minimum Required Specifications:
CPU: Intel Q6600 Core2 Quad @ 2.4Ghz
RAM: 4GB
Hard Drive Space Required: 15.0 GB
Minimum Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon HD 5770, NVIDIA GTX 650
DirectX: 11.0

Interesting. For some reason I'm terrible at Fifa 13, although sometimes it feels like dat AI has some interesting hacks going on. Hopefully the graphics will be better, even Fifa 14 looks pretty bad (The crowd is still 2D I think, it is in Fifa 13 on PS3).

Popularity of world cup this year makes this economically viable perhaps?

[L]imey;1040878313 said:
Popularity of world cup this year makes this economically viable perhaps?

Or it could be trivial to release on the PC since they're all x86 based. I preferred the PC EA titles because modders could fix the dumb implementations they usually make.

U made my day mate!!. I am a huge FIFA fan and the next gen version only makes it better. I have always looked at the older versions of FIFA and vomited at the crowd on how static and crappy it looked. And the HDD requirement points that the character and crowd models will be insanely detailed. 15 GB for a FIFA game? Bring it on!!:D

Do the newer FIFA games offer simulation mode - Where I can select 2 teams and let the computer play them both while I just spectate with a cold beer and some fresh popcorn? I loved that about FIFA '98 RTWC, and that's really the last FIFA version I have ever bought and played since EA started tailoring the gameplay/controls for and pushing a lot of their EA Sports titles to console-only releases (where the FUCK is NCAA Football for the PC, assholes?).

Bump to see if anyone knows about Simulation Mode in the newer versions of FIFA.

Oh man..... RTWC '98
Oh man, I loved that game.
That may have been the last FIFA game I bought, at least on PC......

Anyway, Sim mode?
Don't you just start any exhibition game and leave all the controllers in the middle to not select any team? They've always done this, I think (I dont have any FIFA games now).

Oh man..... RTWC '98

Anyway, Sim mode?
Don't you just start any exhibition game and leave all the controllers in the middle to not select any team? They've always done this, I think (I dont have any FIFA games now).

Same here...'98 was the last FIFA game I ever bought and played, since I don't want a console.

The way you explain it by leaving the controllers unassigned to a team to let the computer control BOTH teams (with no human interaction) is exactly what I'm trying to confirm. If the newer versions can do this, then I may just have to pick up a recent release and give it a try.

I'm surprised. I figured sports was DOA on the PC by now.

Ea usually releases fifa for pc. Madden and others rarely (never) get any pc loving.

They used to do the NHL series. Modders did great jobs improving the titles.

Heck, EA could probably get away with releasing the US version once every 4 years (World Cup).

Mildly exciting do to EA is bringing a new engine to PC possibly means bringing Madden back to PC.

Oh man..... RTWC '98

Anyway, Sim mode?

No one has played more '98 than I have, I LIVED for that game when I was younger. I agree, watching two AI teams duke it out was awesome, I loved creating my own little mini tournaments (I was always Germany of course, Klinsmann!!).

By the way, FIFA World is pretty solid for a free game. Tried it out last night and was pretty impressed with how much they let you do for a free game (more than you think).

As long as the game is moddable, I'm in. I will still buy it on the PS4, but plan to buy this (on sale) as well to "test the waters". If EA gives us a real FIFA w/ modding year in and year out, I will be able to put the consoles to rest for good...cept the Wii U because of the kids.

Back