Fiberglass guys..

Pyrex238

Limp Gawd
It's been a little bit since I last worked with fiberglass... the last time I did anything with fiberglass I made a sub box for my vette. But, in all my previous uses I always used a rather thick mat. This time my project is to make a simple small shroud for my radiator. My goal is to make a flowing shroud that is appealing. Now, I know mat isn't the answer for this project... and I wanted to know what I should use. I remember you you could use t-shirt cloth to make flowing bends.. but I wanted to clarify if that is right before I started. Isn't there some even thinner more malleable cloth that holds resin with a panty hose kind of consistency? The shroud is going to be rather small, so I need the material to be rather flexible and easy to work with. My other tactic is to use some florist foam to create a custom mold and then cover it in foil and then fiberglass.

fleece might be something worth trying. it conforms well and takes resin well also.
hope that helps

At hobby shops that specialize in RC - especially aircraft - you can get fiberglass cloth that is very sheer. It can follow shapes quite well and you can build up layers to get the thickness/strength you need.

Back