Fiber media convertors are not passing any traffic

I have cables to go fiber media convertors is not passing any traffic and when it's connected to 200ft cable it links up just fine but not doing anything. Could an broken fiber not causing it to pass any traffic?

Probably gonna need some more info. I am going to assume you are trying to connect a network using some media converters via fiber. I will also assume that the cables and ends are properly terminated and the types match, like multi mode converters and multi mode fiber. The link lights just mean the converters can see each other, but don't necessarily mean the network connections can see each other. What devices do you have on either end after/before fiber converters? Can you ping the IP addresses of those devices from either end? I use these type of devices frequently at work and they can be tricky, but generally they work pretty good.

Ends cat5 ends as been replaced and I have an linksys router on one end and computer on other end. I have 200 ft of cat5 then 200ft of fiber. I can't ping anything I can't even get the computer get an IP address an ip coming from the linksys router .

Is there a requirement to have 200 feet of Cat5? Could you use some shorter temp cables, like say 10 feet or so on each end? If you cannot get the DHCP server to give an IP address, try setting them manually. Like give the computer 192.168.1.2 and the router 192.168.1.1 and then try to ping them. If the shorter cable is not possible, then I would suggest moving one or the other device to the one side, so they are not using the fiber link, see if it works then to possibly weed out some cable issues.

I'm going to throw this out there because I've no idea what kind of fiber connectors you are using. You are certain that you have flipped the transmit and receive?

Or is your devices compadible with the media converters

Back