FGR22D removed root, what are my options

Sixthsense

I Suck Fat Ones
I accidentally updated to FGR22D OTA, what are my options in getting root back? I'm familar with the RSD downgrade method, but it's a PITA since it's hit or miss during the flashing process. Are there any other alternatives that I am not aware of that dont involve RSD lite?

Last edited:
First thing you should do is check out Modaco or XDA since HardOCP is not a giant hub for hacking your phone... Second, if you lost root with a brand new update that you put on your phone, you most likely are screwed until unrevoked or some other group gets root on FGR22D unless you can safely downgrade to a previous version. Make sure that you get root and NAND when you do.

Hey man all I'm asking is if anything changed since RSD lite. I rooted my phone this way since this method is not dependant on what software/kernel you're running. Opposed to one click root.

I am in the same boat as you. Right now if an Easy Root/Universal Androot/One Click Root update does it I will be thrilled. I am not aware of any less complicated ways otherwise. Give it a few days.

For me, I am not so sure how much I care for the 200Mhz OC which is all I do with my root...er, make that, all I DID with my root.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
If anyone went through the update like I did, I used this guide as reference. The only thing different from the last time I used RSD Lite is that you need to press D-pad immediately after flashing with RSDLite .

IMAG0089.jpg

Back