FG (giveaway)

oldpablo

Supreme [H]ardness
I've got a lot of semi older hardware to just give away, if you pay for shipping. Its left around from when I ran a small business consulting gig in a small town. Not much left from what I had before, but I'm sure someone will want some of it. It all worked in the past, but its been long enough that I would consider them "untested" and honestly can't vouch for them. I would go as far as to say that I'm positive 95% of the stuff is good. I will have the chance to test most of it when I finish moving to my new house and get my techbench setup. I naturally have no interest in cheating anyone since I'm giving it away. I haven't cataloged it all, but here's what I have from memory and I can get specifics later:

2x socket A processors (750-1.2Ghz I believe)
2x socket 370 processors (pretty sure they're celerons)
2x slot A athlons (both 750 I believe)
1x slot 1 or slot a motherboard
1x slot 1 processor
many 32MB/64MB PC66-133 DIMMS (maybe a 128MB or two)
1x socket A mobo (kt333 think)
1x socket 7 barebones
3x ide hard drives from 3-8GB
52x CD-ROM that I've had trouble with, but it couldve been the system it was in
52x burner, same as above
Countless video cards ranging from PCI to AGP, 8MB to 32MB GF2
Several NICs
Some sound cards
1x IDE ATA100 controller
1x 1GB Jazz drive with SCSI interface maybe

Why not build myself some rigs? Even in my new house the space will be limited. I'd rather spend some money and build some nice systems to fold since I just started making some good money. :D

If you live in the Phoenix valley, feel free to PM me and we can make arrangements for you to come by and snag what you want without waiting for me to catalog it all. I live in Chandler at Rural & Chandler Blvd.

Sorry I haven't returned your PMs, too much to do! I've been moving stuff to the new house in the trusty xB and I fly to NM this morning at 8:30AM . I'll try to respond and get specifics by the weekend, though Saturday is the Uhaul portion of the move. I imagine Sunday is when I'll get my tech area back up and running, and will go through the hardware then.

If you need some help moving, I don't work Saturday. I live in Maricopa but work in Ocotillo and can be there if you need the help.

Take your time.... moving is stressful.... let us know when you get settled in

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

No hurry here either. Just let me know whenever you can.

Fold on people! For tuxedoedShrimp

When you get back into your pile, I'd be interested in knowing more about the slot 1 procs that you have (clock/bus, etc).

Please update this baby so we know how it's going. :p If you have anything 1GHz+ w/ a mobo to match I'll gladly take one, but I doubt there's anything like that left. I need to build a file server/ 24/7 folder.

Full Folding Ahead!

If you update or whatnot, I'll see what I'd like and maybe send you a PM. I want to build a cheap computer for personal file serving, folding, etc. Folding's a must because what else am I going to do with the machine?

Looks like just almost everything you have there would be an improvement over some things I'm running. :p PMed.

just something that'll fold. ( must raise stats! 0_o )

joined the [H]oarde last month...

So how goes the moving,etc?

I'm really sorry guys to have posted that teaser and then not gotten to actually cataloging/sending the stuff. Work started loading me up shortly after the move and sending me out of town as well. My target is this weekend to have it cataloged and very possibly tested. The wife is harping on me to get this area organized/fully setup so I do have some insider motivation. :D

Wives always like to help, if it means getting rid of the husband's stuff. Just make sure you see everything she puts in the give away pile. :D

Okay so I went through it all, but didn't have the chance to test it yet. I'll post what's left after I go through all the PMs, letting you know via PM who got what due to responding first, etc. I think I have the right combinations of hardware to test it all and I'll use Memtest and "does it work in Windows" to keep it short yet thorough.

Take your time... moving is rough... We'll still be here... keep us posted

Yep, take your time. Testing can be frustrating and time consuming, and with just having moved even more so. Fold on!

-MN Scout

how goes the moving/testing/etc?

Keep on Folding!!

bump

Any more word on parts/etc?

Heh, I know you guys hate me right about now, but shortly after moving in we quickly learned the previous owners had left enough cat hair in the carpets to gag a rhino, despite all the best vacuuming efforts. My wife and kids are a little asthmatic so it had to go fast. We had to have all the carpet ripped up (four rooms total) and put laminate down, which basically buried my ability to sort/test it all even deeper because we had to empty the rooms and move everything around in heaps and piles, etc. Add in the holidays, lots of sickness, and some business trips and that's where I am. I currently have an almost empty spot on my desk though to slap together parts to test them, and I found a couple smaller boxes with peanuts to ship things in as well.

When it rains it pours, eh? ;)

No worries...take care of the family first. We may not go away, but we can be patient.

Being allergic to... well.... almost everything.... I can understand...

We'll be here!

peublo, dont worry about testing, i will take the slot 1 motherboard, in current condition, please pm me for my address? lol

OldPueblo,

If you want some help with the testing, I work in Ocotillo. I can pick up what needs tested and bring them back in a couple days if you need the help. Let me know. I will shoot you a pm with my work and home email. Good luck!

If no one beat me to the pm when this thread went up, I'm still interested in the socket a mobo and proc. I have an additional 1.2ghz proc sitting here waiting for a mobo. If anyone reads this and has a additional socket a mobo that takes 133 ram that'd be super cool also. It could be a ddr board, but I don't have any extra sticks of DDR.

Back