FFXV Benchmark: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti on Par with GTX 1070, Titan X

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
“It could be the mid-range savior many gamers have been hoping for.” According to a new Final Fantasy XV benchmark, NVIDIA’s next Ti effort performs similarly to a GTX 1070 and Titan X. VideoCardz has published photos of the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC and packaging.

A score of 5000 points would make the new GPU 40% faster than the GTX 1060 6GB, and 70% faster than the GTX 1060 3GB in this specific benchmark. Currently those two cards are available from $200-300 and $150-250, respectively, so the GTX 1660 Ti would be better value than all but the cheapest 1060 3GB models on offer.

Why do all the leaks and initial unreleased benches always feature this shitty ass demo real?

Soooooooo buy 279 msrp we know they will actually cost 350 right?
There's a reason the RTX 2060 prices seem to be quietly creeping upwards. Hope doesn't take too long for Kyle to get his mitts on one of these 1660ti's. I have lost interest in all the reviews and hoopla over these $500+ cards. NVIDIA will send one to [H] soon enough because they love Kyle and HardOCP for shilling for them all these years. /s

Why do all the leaks and initial unreleased benches always feature this shitty ass demo real?

Because it creates these huge margins between similar products and it makes for a better article. Journalistic integrity in the tech industry is fleeting at best. Exceptions do exist.

If it really is on par with the 1070 at the suggested retail pricing, it will be a good thing all around. It will drop the pricing on remaining 1070's and it will also make AMD either have to bring something to compete at a similar price, or send the pricing of RX580/590 down.

If this card OC's even a little and creaps closer to the 1080 range than the 1070 range and this card does stay under $325 then it removes just about any gaming reason to own the Radeon 7 card.... This makes me both happy that there is a strong mid range mainstream gaming card coming up and sad that AMD is getting outclassed all at the same time.

Why is the Titan X mentioned in here? It's way faster than the 1070, and it's not even included in the benchmarks on the linked page.

Why is the Titan X mentioned in here? It's way faster than the 1070, and it's not even included in the benchmarks on the linked page.

They were referring to Titan Maxwell not Titan Pascal. It's Tom's way click baiting.

Most expect this card to trade blows with the GTX 1070, in which it does here.

$279 MSRP but that's for NVIDIA's card. EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, etc will be at least $349+ or am I mistaken about this?

They were referring to Titan Maxwell not Titan Pascal. It's Tom's way click baiting.

Most expect this card to trade blows with the GTX 1070, in which it does here.
Silly me for expecting we wouldn't be comparing this to a two generation old card :p

If this card OC's even a little and creaps closer to the 1080 range than the 1070 range and this card does stay under $325 then it removes just about any gaming reason to own the Radeon 7 card.... This makes me both happy that there is a strong mid range mainstream gaming card coming up and sad that AMD is getting outclassed all at the same time.

What? You mean Vega 56 right? Because Radeon 7 is 2080/1080ti territory. Unless you like less performance, 6gb of VRAM. This card is closer to a 980ti because of the 6gb of VRAM. You CAN hit the ceiling of 6gb FYI.

$279 MSRP but that's for NVIDIA's card. EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, etc will be at least $349+ or am I mistaken about this?
have a feeling it'll be as you say... but... you can get an evga 2060 for $349, so you'd think the prices wouldn't be so close (or even overlap)

Silly me for expecting we wouldn't be comparing this to a two generation old card :p

Well it is still being compared to a last gen card that is 2 tiers above since the 2060 and 2070 are above this. It is similar to the 1070 compared to the 980ti, which was again 2 tiers above.

Having a card trade blows with the 980ti/Titan(M) which are 4 tiers above in only 2 generations is not bad at all.

What? You mean Vega 56 right? Because Radeon 7 is 2080/1080ti territory. Unless you like less performance, 6gb of VRAM. This card is closer to a 980ti because of the 6gb of VRAM. You CAN hit the ceiling of 6gb FYI.
It this card stock runs pretty close to a 1070 then with a slight OC it would probably get close to a 1080, there isn't a huge leap from a 1080 to a 1080TI and if you are already considering a NV card then the next step would be a 2080 because really unless the Radeon 7 gets a price drop its extra memory isn't worth the performance drop compared to the 2080. But yeah this completely makes the Vega 56 useless unless it gets a huge price drop.

The 2060 usually doesn't match the 1080, so how would the 1660ti 'creep' to 1080 level much less 2080/Radeon 7 level.

By his logic, nVidia fans should avoid the 2080 as well because the 1660ti could creep so close.

The 2060 usually doesn't match the 1080, so how would the 1660ti 'creep' to 1080 level much less 2080/Radeon 7 level.

By his logic, nVidia fans should avoid the 2080 as well because the 1660ti could creep so close.
Well the article says it matches the 1070 blow for blow so with an OC would it not creep on the 1080?

It this card stock runs pretty close to a 1070 then with a slight OC it would probably get close to a 1080, there isn't a huge leap from a 1080 to a 1080TI and if you are already considering a NV card then the next step would be a 2080 because really unless the Radeon 7 gets a price drop its extra memory isn't worth the performance drop compared to the 2080. But yeah this completely makes the Vega 56 useless unless it gets a huge price drop.

OK. I bought a Powercolor Red dragon Vega 56, at stock, it scores at a 1070ti and overclocked it easily hits a 1080. I paid $230 shipped for it. Vega 56 is not useless. If you want 1080ti, 2080 performance, you gotta pay now. Simple as that.

Yeah, 1660ti will be close to the Titan RTX, its gonna creep right behind it.

It'll be a creeper card alright. Those space invaders might creep right in your bed at night.

That benchmark where a 980Ti is as fast as a VII and a Vega is slower than a 1070 lol. Enough said.

That benchmark where a 980Ti is as fast as a VII and a Vega is slower than a 1070 lol. Enough said.

It's crap not only in comparing between team red and green but also the fact that the R7 is only like 10% faster than Vega 64.

Seriously, why are people using this as a benchmarking tool? Even synthetics would represent performance relativity better in real world games.

"New" card released to replace "old" card (1070), is as fast as "old" card (1070).

Nvidia is bringing back the recycle - reduce - reuse GPU branding from the bad old days. Thanks guys!

there isn't a huge leap from a 1080 to a 1080TI
This is false. There is a huge performance increase from the 1080 to the 1080Ti. The 1080Ti doesn't even use the same GPU as the 1080.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/03/09/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1080_ti_video_card_review/1

The GeForce GTX 1080 Ti was also announced as being 35% faster than the GeForce GTX 1080. In our testing today we can also say this claim is true. In the real world the percentages are mostly between 30-35%.

That's the spirit!

Well my wife's computer is running a 970 that could use an upgrade, so the 1660 Ti sounds like it will do. But clearance prices of new 1070 Ti cards last Christmas would have been a better deal in retrospect. *shrugs

Well my wife's computer is running a 970 that could use an upgrade, so the 1660 Ti sounds like it will do. But clearance prices of new 1070 Ti cards last Christmas would have been a better deal in retrospect. *shrugs

I picked up a used, great condition 1070ti from the FS forum for $300. Deals are still to be had.

I gambled on that too, thinking we'd see clearance of around $275 after rebate etc. Lowest they dropped was, if I recall, $330. Best deal was probably back in October-ish for a $299 EVGA B stock 1080. It sold out pretty fast at that price.

Back