FFXI and Lineage2

Razorfox01

Limp Gawd
Can anyone tell me the difference between Lineage2 and Final Fantasy XI? I played the korean beta of L2 and loved it but it comes out in April and I've been thinking of getting FFXI but I wanted to know more about it before buying it.

FFXI gets boring after a few weeks of playing. The leveling system and battle system are so tedious. I consider myself a rather big FF fan, and the only reason I would suggest getting this game is for that aspect. Other than that it's not worth getting.

Originally posted by nerdy_scenester
FFXI gets boring after a few weeks of playing. The leveling system and battle system are so tedious. I consider myself a rather big FF fan, and the only reason I would suggest getting this game is for that aspect. Other than that it's not worth getting.

completely agree, god damn bunny slaying.... BORING

FFXI = A lazy port of an almost two year old PS2 game
Lineage 2 = Built on the latest Unreal engine

FFXI has gotten borring, mostly due to the fact that it is very hard to find a group. FFXI is an anti-solo game. I'm also bugged at how even with my system (see sig) it doesn't look all that better than the PS2 version. Other than some rather sparse bump-mapping, the PC and PS2 version are almost 100% identical.

Of coarse Lineage 2 also has "Level Treadmill" syndrome. There is also a lack of character creation options and many characers will end up looking the same. Another problem is that NC Soft may not promote L2 very much here in NA. The game is already a huge hit in Korea so anything else is just icing on the cake.

Both games have their positives and negatives.

Originally posted by MH Knights
FFXI = A lazy port of an almost two year old PS2 game
Lineage 2 = Built on the latest Unreal engine

FFXI has gotten borring, mostly due to the fact that it is very hard to find a group. FFXI is an anti-solo game. I'm also bugged at how even with my system (see sig) it doesn't look all that better than the PS2 version. Other than some rather sparse bump-mapping, the PC and PS2 version are almost 100% identical.

Of coarse Lineage 2 also has "Level Treadmill" syndrome. There is also a lack of character creation options and many characers will end up looking the same. Another problem is that NC Soft may not promote L2 very much here in NA. The game is already a huge hit in Korea so anything else is just icing on the cake.

Both games have their positives and negatives.

What the crap are you talking about? The PS2 game is not even out yet, let alone 2 years ago! The L2 beta was a level treadmill because nothing else was done yet. Not to mention they wouldn't put a whole game into a beta. That's not what the beta's for. The final game will fucking own in NA.

Originally posted by goku238
What the crap are you talking about? The PS2 game is not even out yet, let alone 2 years ago! The L2 beta was a level treadmill because nothing else was done yet. Not to mention they wouldn't put a whole game into a beta. That's not what the beta's for. The final game will fucking own in NA.

FFXI has been out on the ps2 in japan for a while.

Hence why FFXI came with an EXPANSION PACK already.

As for L2.
Well the beta for NA looks like it's going to either be pushed or skipped.

They already missed their "date" for it and the tawain beta is starting the 13th.

Originally posted by Stiler
FFXI has been out on the ps2 in japan for a while.

Hence why FFXI came with an EXPANSION PACK already.

As for L2.
Well the beta for NA looks like it's going to either be pushed or skipped.

They already missed their "date" for it and the tawain beta is starting the 13th.

No shit. But it came out like a year ago, not two years ago. And I doubt this guy's played the japanese version (if you have, I stand corrected).

It was out in Summer 2002 in japan.

That's about a year 1/2 ago.

He said "Almost two years ago"

Both are fun...but are still different enough for individual tastes.

One really nice aspect about Lineage II,that FFXI does not have,is the ability to PK anyone...in FFXI I would love to PK the Beggars or Players who constantly Spam /shout messages.:D

But the pk system in L2 is soooo broken.

literally.

There's no "reward" to pk'ing anyone at all.

99% of the time when you pk someone they do not drop ANYTHING.

But when you kill them you go red and then get killed by the 100's of koreans and you lose EVERYTHINGGGGGG.

The economy can't support pk'ing. Mainly because the cost of armor/weapons are soooooo freaking expensive, you literally will be handicapped if you lose your item.

PK'ing worked so much better in uo then L2.

The only way to pk in L2 and have fun is to do this:

Hit someone, but don't kill them, just hit them once then stop.
If they hit you back, then you can kill them and get no negative karma.

This is how the system works.

Back