FF VII: Remake. New news/teaser trailer

Delayed til April 10. If only they delayed it for another couple years and gave us the complete game instead of milking people nostalgia.

Last edited:
So April 10 is 6 days before Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. Not a smart move, Squeenix.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
No reason you'd need to play the original first unless you wanted to see what it was like. It is quite dated by today's standards, but I still find it enjoyable. I'm biased, though, since I played it when it originally came out in 1997.

I never got to play FF VII, Should I play the original first or play this?

Without really knowing how Remake is going to end up when it's out it's really hard to say. It also looks like Remake is going to provide a pretty wildly different experience, while keeping some of the same story and location beats. If you can get past how poorly some parts of the game have aged (and I really don't recommend modding the PC version for a first playthrough) I'd say check out the original first. Otherwise, just wait and see how remake turns out.

Play the original since you actually get the whole game.
1580919267974.png

FF7 is an all time classic. Yes, you should absolutely give it a shot.

While this remake shares characters and some general story and location beats------its practically a different genre of game. Its also re-imagining things through modern Anime, rather than 90's Anime. Its so different, it is not going to appeal to all of the fans of the original. I do not think the remake will stand as a strict replacement of the original.

If you play the PC version of the original, do at least get the mods for the music and whatnot. The PC version shipped with lower quality midi tracks for the music.

like this
FUCKING side quests God damnit I knew they'd find something to fuck up.

Cloud can help out the many people across Midgar, including local merchants. These tasks are varied – he’ll be asked to deal with anything, from taking out troublesome monsters to finding lost cats.

In this quest, Cloud is asked to deal with some Drakes. He’ll get valuable rewards for completing the task.

AKA shittily designed pointless bullshit fetch quest horse shit

Cloud can help out the many people across Midgar, including local merchants. These tasks are varied – he’ll be asked to deal with anything, from taking out troublesome monsters to finding lost cats.

In this quest, Cloud is asked to deal with some Drakes. He’ll get valuable rewards for completing the task.

Yep. That will what the majority of the 50 hours of content will be made of.

So...They're the typical quests you find in a JRPG? What's the outrage for exactly?

So...They're the typical quests you find in a JRPG? What's the outrage for exactly?

That you find in sloppy dog shit modern ones maybe

This is conversely one of the highest profile RPGs in existence with a complete story already. There's no excuse for this thing to have lazy, padded content outside of it being ridiculous, sub-par padding.

That you find in sloppy dog shit modern ones maybe

This is conversely one of the highest profile RPGs in existence with a complete story already. There's no excuse for this thing to have lazy, padded content outside of it being ridiculous, sub-par padding.

So, care to provide proof that the examples apply to EVERY side-quest? Even Witcher 3 had a lot of fetch and "go here, kill a thing" quests. No RPG is immune to them.

If they did that shit as well as the Witcher, I wouldn't even really have a problem. Except they're not and I bet they're going to FF15 this shit with a "COLLECT 5 FROGS" quest.

Terrible.

That is why JRPG are garbage and for webbos.
If they did that shit as well as the Witcher, I wouldn't even really have a problem. Except they're not and I bet they're going to FF15 this shit with a "COLLECT 5 FROGS" quest.

Terrible.
This guy gets it.

That is why JRPG are garbage and for webbos.

This guy gets it.

So you’re just in this thread to thread crap and troll people? Are you aware that is against the forum rules? You should probably stop before someone reports every single post you’ve made in the thread.

Final Fantasy VII Remake- Opening Movie

Looks great for opening scene, love the world detail and immersion.. hopefully the game assets are that detailed.

Play the original, it's great. Then do FF8 after. I find it still immersive even with old graphics. Something about the art style leaves it up to imagination more and makes it more encompassing to your mind, where as most newer games are almost closer to a movie to me and I'm less invested.

Looks great for opening scene, love the world detail and immersion.. hopefully the game assets are that detailed.

Apparently some of that actually is using in-engine or in-game assets. Hard to tell from a YT vid. Looking at videos of the demo it does go seemlessly from the end of the opening into gameplay so the end bit might be totally in-game.

like this
The end bit yes, as soon as the screen fills with smoke is the cut to in-game

like this
Apparently some of that actually is using in-engine or in-game assets. Hard to tell from a YT vid. Looking at videos of the demo it does go seemlessly from the end of the opening into gameplay so the end bit might be totally in-game.
From the artifacts it looks like the scene in the past is the only thing pre-rendered. When we flash to Aerith in the present it looks like that is in-engine.

I am going to be playing this game for the first time... well not the first time, but I tried playing the PS1 original recently and I just could not get into it at all. I hate turn-based combat, and I loved Final Fantasy 15 that it gave you a choice of how you want to fight and the real-time fighting was great along with everything else. I am looking forward to this one though b/c it looks like they brought the fighting mechanisms over from FF XV which is welcome.

I am going to be playing this game for the first time... well not the first time, but I tried playing the PS1 original recently and I just could not get into it at all. I hate turn-based combat, and I loved Final Fantasy 15 that it gave you a choice of how you want to fight and the real-time fighting was great along with everything else. I am looking forward to this one though b/c it looks like they brought the fighting mechanisms over from FF XV which is welcome.

I mean when everything went perfect FF15 was pretty flashy and slick but beyond that the combat wasn't that interesting or deep.

Plus if you did any meaningful amount of side content you would wind up so overpowered that you basically steamrolled fucking everything. The leveling system was just bizarre as well. I banked like literally 40 levels of EXP at one point and could have kept going.

This looks like a good middle ground that isn't full action like FF15. I'm pretty hopeful for it.

looks great
upd.
all the same, they know how to heat up interest. I'm waiting for this game more and more

Last edited:
I mean when everything went perfect FF15 was pretty flashy and slick but beyond that the combat wasn't that interesting or deep.

The combat system in FF games hasn't been that deep since FF5 released; you aren't purchasing a FF game for it's combat systems.

Back