FF VII: Remake. New news/teaser trailer

It should be noted that each part (I believe three is the common belief) will be as long as a full game. So if its two parts it will be two full games, if its three it will be three full games. They're not just taking the current plot and splitting that in parts with no changes. SE has said there will be multiple full games, though they've yet to mention how many.
And that is that problem. What is considered a full game? I don't count it as a full game if it doesn't include the entire story if the game. The full game will cost $120. I don't like it. I paid $50 for the original game and got over hundred hour out of it.

Looks cool to me. I just hope that the combat system isn't too hectic. I think it was FF12 where the battles were a weird mix of turn-based and real-time. It ended up coming down to your ability to navigate menus fast and play QTE games well. I couldn't stand it. Either give me turns or give me controllable action.

And that is that problem. What is considered a full game? I don't count it as a full game if it doesn't include the entire story if the game. The full game will cost $120. I don't like it. I paid $50 for the original game and got over hundred hour out of it.

It depends how much is added to each part. If its a three parter then they could expand Midgar out into the length of an entire 20-30 hour game.

If you critical path FF7, the entire game is something like 30-40 hours.

It depends how much is added to each part. If its a three parter then they could expand Midgar out into the length of an entire 20-30 hour game.

If you critical path FF7, the entire game is something like 30-40 hours.
I just don't like it. Take how ever long you need to and make a finished product. Don't pull this bull shit to try and figure out ways to milk as much money possible from people's nostalgia. I totally lost all faith in SE doing something right. They bungled up FFXV. FFxiv was a cluster fuck in 1.0. KH3 was the last straw for me with them.

Never played this game but let me get this straight. They are splitting up a remake of a game into two full priced games? Even if they are adding a lot of content that seems a bit much. If the added twice as much content and made it sensible from a story/pacing perspective to split it up into two games I can understand but it doesn't seem like that.

Personally I am semi interested in a PC version. I thought XV, my first and only FF game, was pretty bad but am willing to give this one a try. XV had a lot of potential so maybe this older game with some enhancements will be better. But their pricing model seems a bit off to me.

Pretty sure their pricing model isn't due to resources. This is one of the highest profile games of all time. This is an attempt to see what they can get away with. New games have been in that $50-70 range since the mid 80's and you're only now starting to see the major players attempt to overhaul that.

Never played this game but let me get this straight. They are splitting up a remake of a game into two full priced games? Even if they are adding a lot of content that seems a bit much. If the added twice as much content and made it sensible from a story/pacing perspective to split it up into two games I can understand but it doesn't seem like that.

Personally I am semi interested in a PC version. I thought XV, my first and only FF game, was pretty bad but am willing to give this one a try. XV had a lot of potential so maybe this older game with some enhancements will be better. But their pricing model seems a bit off to me.
It is all rumors atm but seems like there will be a huge announcement about it at E3. All of it is recent and seeing how a lot of rumors are turning out to be true out there it wouldn't surprise me if these turn out to be true.

I just don't like it. Take how ever long you need to and make a finished product. Don't pull this bull shit to try and figure out ways to milk as much money possible from people's nostalgia. I totally lost all faith in SE doing something right. They bungled up FFXV. FFxiv was a cluster fuck in 1.0. KH3 was the last straw for me with them.

I’m skeptical but it really going to depend on what they add and how they change things. If the leak is true a lot of what is said in it makes sense but it is light on details of story changes. Having that be the spot where a two part FF7 story ends also makes complete sense and gives a lot of room for them to add elements and, hopefully, develop certain characters more. We’ll see what E3 brings though.

I'll stick to the originals and be a patient gamer and see if remakes prove themselves. Looking forward to trying the Ai upres ff7 and ff8s though.

Looks cool to me. I just hope that the combat system isn't too hectic. I think it was FF12 where the battles were a weird mix of turn-based and real-time. It ended up coming down to your ability to navigate menus fast and play QTE games well. I couldn't stand it. Either give me turns or give me controllable action.
XIII is where the Squeenix devs lost their collective minds, implementing a hybrid freak of a system when they should have just gone full ARPG like XV. XII still used the ATB system they had used since IV (excepting X with the CTB system) with the only difference being the ability to move around freely.
I’m skeptical but it really going to depend on what they add and how they change things. If the leak is true a lot of what is said in it makes sense but it is light on details of story changes. Having that be the spot where a two part FF7 story ends also makes complete sense and gives a lot of room for them to add elements and, hopefully, develop certain characters more. We’ll see what E3 brings though.
There were a lot of plot points and features in the original game that were left unfinished, though that may have been the result of feature creep after losing the constraints of having to develop for the N64. I am quite excited to see how the final product(s) turn out.

XIII is where the Squeenix devs lost their collective minds, implementing a hybrid freak of a system when they should have just gone full ARPG like XV. XII still used the ATB system they had used since IV (excepting X with the CTB system) with the only difference being the ability to move around freely.

There were a lot of plot points and features in the original game that were left unfinished, though that may have been the result of feature creep after losing the constraints of having to develop for the N64. I am quite excited to see how the final product(s) turn out.

Additionally, XIV, while a massive piece of shit in its first iteration, was improved so vastly to the point where it's one of the best MMO's on the market for content and quality. It's a fantastic game that thrives on the subscription based model. Yeah, the company messes up, but damn if this wasn't one of the better comeback stories in terms of the gaming industry.

I'm generally hopeful that they'll do it right. I may not agree on strategy for rollout with multi-payments, but I'd rater have a quality game in the end.

Last edited:
Welp, that supposed Reddit leak has turned out to be a complete fake. The leaker tried to post a check to prove they worked for SE, which turned out to be an obvious fake.

I stopped playing at 13 because of the battle system. 12 did it right. It was a perfect mix of the systrms. Faster that turn based but still turned based and active. Loved 12.

Yea I just played through 12 and thought it was fine, gave you the option to play it more slowly/old-school if you really wanted to

The release date was revealed at a concert last night to be March 3, 2020, alongside a release date trailer including new gameplay. Expect more details at the dev conference tonight, which starts at 18:00 PDT/21:00 EDT.

The release date was revealed at a concert last night to be March 3, 2020, alongside a release date trailer including new gameplay. Expect more details at the dev conference tonight, which starts at 18:00 PDT/21:00 EDT.

Hell yeah bitch!

Runs in crowded train with GIANT FUCKING SWORD with blade 2 inches from people

Looks baller so far.

I stopped playing at 13 because of the battle system. 12 did it right. It was a perfect mix of the systrms. Faster that turn based but still turned based and active. Loved 12.

I dunno then you literally automate 97% of the combat.

I remember at one point I decided to just haste, shell, protect, and berserk Vaan and let him rampage around. I remember he killed the boss in the tomb in like 3 seconds.

Everything about it looks so damn good. Glad I don't have room for that $330 bike edition otherwise I'd be suuuper tempted to pre-order it.

Everything about it looks so damn good. Glad I don't have room for that $330 bike edition otherwise I'd be suuuper tempted to pre-order it.

Definitely a little pricey as far as CE's goes. Deluxe edition still gets you a steel book which is nice, which more manufacturers would offer those. I'm torn between which one to get. I'm still keeping all of my CE figurines inside the boxes that they came in, haven't figured out how I'm going to present them now that we have a house and I've got a dedicated office/game room. With the amount of figurines I have, I'm not sure I can justify another to display, already running out of room visualizing where everything would go. Never thought I'd have this problem. :eek:

Definitely a little pricey as far as CE's goes. Deluxe edition still gets you a steel book which is nice, which more manufacturers would offer those. I'm torn between which one to get. I'm still keeping all of my CE figurines inside the boxes that they came in, haven't figured out how I'm going to present them now that we have a house and I've got a dedicated office/game room. With the amount of figurines I have, I'm not sure I can justify another to display, already running out of room visualizing where everything would go. Never thought I'd have this problem. :eek:
I'm in the same boat. I just don't have the room to buy these anymore so the decision is easy.

I remember worrying that I wouldn't be able to get the Titanfall CE home.
upload_2019-6-11_8-39-47.png

I'm in the same boat. I just don't have the room to buy these anymore so the decision is easy.

I remember worrying that I wouldn't be able to get the Titanfall CE home.
View attachment 167124

Wow that thing is...something else. It looks like it barely fits in the passenger area of your car. Big figurine and book from looking online. Honestly, I may cave and just get the FF7 First Class Edition. Last CE I bought was the Days Gone one, and each one I buy I feel the overwhelming guild of needing to figure placement out. My predicament is that the boxes are also collectibles, particularity something like the Horizon Zero Dawn one, where it comes in a thin box sleeve, and then there's a box with gorgeous world art inside, that holds all the other goodies. How do I display that?!

Game is a big no for me. Release the whole game in one package god damn it. You are shitting on this game trying to milk people. They are just double dipping by making it two parts. They going to sale DLC on top of it too I bet. I refuse to support this practice.

Last edited:
Ja, I'm confused. There was no mention of it being released in parts when the release date was revealed.

It is. First part only contains Midgar. Lot of confusion around this.

The packaging doesn’t make it clear either as the box are just says “Final Fantasy VII Remake”. Makes me wonder if they’re going to release the other parts as DLC or something.

Looks good but many of us still want a remake of 7 and 8 with just polished graphics...

And this
Yeah. They need to come out and clear up the confusion. If it is the compete game come March then I am in otherwise go to hell SE.

Supposedly being released in parts until we hear otherwise.

Looks good but many of us still want a remake of 7 and 8 with just polished graphics...

And this

Supposedly being released in parts until we hear otherwise.

It's 100% other parts released...Later. Yoshinori Kitase (producer) said they're not sure how many parts it will end up being.

Personally, I would buy FF7 but prettier however 7's plot is such a mess that it really does need this complete overhaul. We'll see what they do with it, but giving it multiple 15-20+ hour (my guess, at least) games could give a lot of the vague or outright dropped ideas and plotthreads room to grow and be expanded on. I would love more hints to Cloud's past vs the way the original game, poorly, handles the reveal. I'd love more stuff on Zach, Hojo, Jenovah, and so on. There's a lot they could add in and take from other games. They could make Vincent and Yuffie required party members and then give them more to do and more backstory. They could add more stuff for the Weapons. It would be awesome to fight Ruby in the style of Remake, especially if the old cheese tactics (which are basically required) don't work on him. Imagine exploring an expanded underwater area, a bigger Golden Saucer, getting more time with Aerith so they can give her some actual character development. There's so much they can do with this format.

Confirmed it's coming in pieces. First part will go deeper into midgard than the original.
I'm actually more excited for it now that more about it has been revealed. Midgard was supposed to be this enormous city and it didn't feel like that originally. Reaching that kind of scale now I feel will be a good thing.

Yeah, I think episodic FF7 remake has been confirmed

https://www.gamesradar.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-midgar-only/

The weirdest thing to me is that they're adding content to pad the first part out? That sounds like a bad idea.

Its episodic with the first part PS4 exclusive:

Square Enix has confirmed that Final Fantasy 7 Remake will launch exclusively for PS4 on March 3, 2020 in both physical and digital form.

Given it will be an episodic venture, Square Enix has said that future entries might come to PS5, or even act as a cross-generational release across both platforms. The publisher has already doubled down on confirming that Final Fantasy 7 Remake is only coming to PS4: “As previously announced, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released for the PlayStation 4 on March 3rd 2020. We have no plans for other platforms.”

Which is LOL for the people insisting earlier it wasn't going to be exclusive.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/gaming/final-fantasy-7-remake-release-date-gameplay-2993127

no way i'm buying this piece of shit until they can confirm 1. How much of the game this episode is.... and 2. When they expect other episodes to be released.

No way i'm paying $60 x 8 episodes for 20 year old game i've played through twice. Nor am I going to waste my time with the first episode, if part 2 is scheduled for 2025. This i a moneygrab clusterfrick.

no way i'm buying this piece of shit until they can confirm 1. How much of the game this episode is.... and 2. When they expect other episodes to be released.

No way i'm paying $60 x 8 episodes for 20 year old game i've played through twice. Nor am I going to waste my time with the first episode, if part 2 is scheduled for 2025. This i a moneygrab clusterfrick.

They've already said the first part/episode is Midgar. It should be noted that while "episodic" is the correct term, technically, this is not like a Telltale episodic game. Each episode is a full game. So they took the Midgar part of FF7 and expanded it into an entire game on its own. The other episodes can also be looked at as "sequels". As long as they don't change engines and keep the core dev team together they should be able to keep things moving smoothly. Barring SE being SE and fucking things up I'd expect a year or two between parts. So episode/part 2 in 2021 or 2022 and so on.

They've already said the first part/episode is Midgar. It should be noted that while "episodic" is the correct term, technically, this is not like a Telltale episodic game. Each episode is a full game. So they took the Midgar part of FF7 and expanded it into an entire game on its own. The other episodes can also be looked at as "sequels". As long as they don't change engines and keep the core dev team together they should be able to keep things moving smoothly. Barring SE being SE and fucking things up I'd expect a year or two between parts. So episode/part 2 in 2021 or 2022 and so on.

SE being SE is why i'm so skeptical

Back