Few Are Pleased at EA’s Latest Take on Command & Conquer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
EA unveiled a new C&C game at its E3 event yesterday, Command and Conquer: Rivals, but reception has been overwhelmingly negative: its official trailer has already received over 9,000 downvotes. It appears that long-time fans are not happy EA turned the classic franchise into a mobile experience. The last entry was Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight, released on March 16, 2010.

Command & Conquer: Rivals is a thrilling, competitive experience built to define Real-Time Strategy for Mobile. Featuring intense, 1v1 real-time matches with rival commanders, you test your skills in combat in the War for Tiberium. Master the battlefield with continuous control of your forces, crush your rivals, and lead your army to victory.

I don’t know why they even bothered calling it command and conquer. The only market of people who love the c&c franchise also happen to be a group of people who would be disgusted by this move.

Literally EA could just use another title for this series, gotten the same or better sales, and not pissed off a legion of old fans.

So they basically are going to turn it into a micro transaction clown fiesta of mobile game... great, mobile platforms have absolutely destroyed so much in the name of greed, and the scary thing is so many people still buy into it so that it is still so profitable

I was so excited at the prospect of Generals 2.

I didn't even know this latest take on C&C was even a thing... watched the youtube trailer and part of me died a little inside.

Gotta hold onto my fond memories of playing the original C&C on the 66Mhz machine as a child, the sounds of stealth tanks and oblisks... ahhh good times.

Whatever I just watched as their promo... flaming pile of garbage.

2583314-0514739065-qSLZg.jpg

How hard is it to figure out the fans just want an original style, CNC PC game.... ffs. It's not that hard.

I think they know. They appear to just keep seeking "maximum profits" as opposed to making a really good game while bringing in only "decent profits."

Just saw some multi-player game play directly from nVidia of some Battlefield 5 and it literally looks like a re-skinned Battlefield 1 .... In fact that's what I thought it was at first. Ultra tiny play areas. Nothing even close to what made Battlefield awesome.

I also saw where someone was talking about how Battlefield which originally launched on the PC had now taken a second seat to consoles and favors the living room and lower powered consoles over the high-end PC Desktop and that's why we do not see vast battlefields any longer. They are having to cram everything into a little box so to speak.

If you look at his game. They're doing the same. They don't want huge scrolling maps. It's also clear this is going to have continuity between the PC, tablets and phones. What a total load of B.S.

CnC Generals was one of the best games ever. Loved my Chinese Hackers.

Whoever they have running EA is destroying everything.

Last edited:
Sad, these companies have epic games that older gamers will pay for with out question and they always manage to completely f&^% it up and aim for mobile gamers or new gamers who have mostly never heard of the game

Fuck EA! They killed this series. Game looks like absolute shit!

No.
I think one of the coolest games was the original Red Alert. I was in college - remember buying it from Electronics Boutique. I played the game with my brother for about 10 hours that night. May or may not have had an erection for part of it...
Now this. Sad.

Go read the comments on the gameplay video... I'm entertained.

Some of the best comments:
"I expected nothing, and still came away disappointed"
"excuse me I'm going to drink liquid Tiberium."
"Waiting for Command and Conquer: Battle Royal next year"
"Who cares?After 1 month they will announce that it's cancelled like Generals 2"

i loved the installer of Original C&C as its was playing a video as it was installing (instead of a boring progress bar)

but it is sad everything EA touch gets ruined (i would not put it past battlefield happening at some point) still was a fan of they play of BF2 and small issues in later versions of battlefield makes it less tactically enjoyable

Westwood... damn, now I'm feeling old :/

It's kinda funny to me that I didn't even know Westwood wasn't a thing anymore. I haven't played a C&C game since that FPS one they made. I gave it a chance and it really ruined it for me. Tiberian Sun was the last good C&C, in my opinion. I still play it over LAN to this day.

I really enjoyed C&C3 a lot although I was expecting to be disappointed by it. But C&C4 was trash. Period.

Well, the one thing EA does take seriously is being the most hated company in America. Don't forget to vote!

EA hate is a given so I'll take a different tack. Mobile games are an absolute blight on gaming. The gross majority are just cow clicker bullshit made to pump people for micro transactions. I would rather lose the few actual good mobile games than see it continue down the current path. In short, fuck mobile games and fuck nearly all developers making them.

Back