Ferrofluid Sculpture That Dances To Sound

Cool project but look at the small area size of the area with the effect and then look at the size of the unit sitting next to him on the table.

The nice thing about lava lamps is you don't need to use a magnifying glass to view the effect. lol!

Sorry OP, I didn't like it :p ...but I don't particularly like lavalamps either.

I could see these in some fancy music studios, especially in threes for the typical "triforce" power.

Is there any mention of it coming in different colors?

I am unimpressed. Don't get me wrong, it's a neat little hobby project but I don't see how this can be considered something "cool" to have around the house. Heck, a lava lamp itself is more interesting and at least more aesthetically pleasing.

Umm, ok that's neat as a DIY/hobbyist kind of project, but as a product to just buy and watch? No.

Unless I'm missing something, all he did was get it to jiggle around a little, big whoop.

Way too small and $60? I could buy a huge Lava lamp for that kind of money.

(I actually have a Lava lamp already...those things are awesome :D)

Honestly I think the simple tube with a magnet to manipulate the fluid is cooler.

I think its cool. You just don't get fluid to behave like that normally. I guess you need to focus and observe instead of having the image shoved into your eyes with bright colors and explosions.

I think its cool. You just don't get fluid to behave like that normally. I guess you need to focus and observe instead of having the image shoved into your eyes with bright colors and explosions.

But we know what ferrofluid is, there's nothing visually interesting, or for that matter technologically interesting about this other than as a DIY "look what neat thing I did" sort of project.

As someone else said, I'd have more fun playing with a tube with some ferro fluid in it and a magnet. It'd be a more interesting desk toy than this anyway.

hehe basically the last part of the vid made it interesting? Well, it's ok I guess, maybe if there's a kit and I'll build it its good. But indeed it needs to be bigger so the effects can be seen easily and be appreciated.

It would also be amazing if you have several of these and each can respond to different frequency depending on the music.

Back