Fermi GeForce GTX 360 and 380 Benchmarks

not quite sure how they test this thing..

nVidia cards number that shows in the chart are significantly higher than what it should be, most obvious one is GTX 295 in Stalker.. I call that BS.

and 5870 number are significantly lower at the same time, in RE 5 I have 108 FPS while they have 94 for some odd reason..

overall the test is not legitimate from any point. and it looks like home made....
oh wait, it is home made !?

Maybe I'm the only one, but I was looking so hard for a wood screw hidden in the slides somewhere....
Seems too good to be true considering all the issues we've heard about.
On the other hand, I don't care. I made my decision a long time ago. I love my 5870.... that I got at MSRP:D

Think I'll wait until the card is actually released and not rely on benchmarks from nvidia.

Tesla was released and it is fermi-based. It would be logical that nvidia's set of cards would be released some time soon, within the next 1-6 months.

Consumer level Larabee was announced to be stopped in its tracks, this past week. 1-6 months? Gee... what a gigantic window that is. Your prediction capabilities are amazing!

I'll wait for the reviews. I definitely wouldn't let something like this hold me back on buying a 5800 series card though.

You already did, so what are your talking about?

I could care less about these two cards. If NV doesn't move Fermi and DX11 downmarket from the high-end they might as well not exist for me.

Actually, I don't think these look much better than they should, which to me makes it a bit more authentic. Also the fact that they seem to have got it right that AMD cards run better in Stalker, while Nvidia cards run better in FC2. We must take it with a grain of salt of course, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if a slightly less convincing win turned out to be the result in the best case scenarios and games for Nvidia.

I also expect ATI to have something up their sleeve to counter this, or at least make it a bit more even, however.

this is an unsubstantiated speculative report from an unconfirmed source. your posting style is for all things fanboy. that you occasionally ask real questions in other people's threads is probably the only real reason you didn't get banned like Sonda5 did. that's all i'm going to say about your post.

Yeah apparently the "unconfirmed source" who leaked these graphs was a member named "successful_troll"...

That and the fact that the graphs aren't even remotely close to what official benchmark slides look like from nVidia (at least based on their past slides)...

I'm a little perplexed why guru3d would even mention anything about it...

2z9eerc.png

I don't care what Nvidia releases next (and my last 5 cards have been Nvidia), if they do not enable me to play games across all three of my 30's, then I'm still going with ATI.

Is this Nvidia's power usage, number of units expected sold? R&D cost per product, number of employees dedicated to each project? Why would you even bother to add fuel to the fanboy fire?

...anyone else ever wish they could reach through the intarwebz...? :mad:

that chart settles it for me. I am getting one of those new nvidia cards for my thinkpad the second they come out.

Consumer level Larabee was announced to be stopped in its tracks, this past week. 1-6 months? Gee... what a gigantic window that is. Your prediction capabilities are amazing!

You already did, so what are your talking about?

Don't bother making sence of what PS3 says... I don't even think he knows what he's talking about.

Wow, but is the gtx380 a single gpu card? If it is, that would be amazing. Imagine a single gpu card schooling a 5970....insane. :eek:

Not really. That was ATI's strategy, remember? Compete on the high end with dual-GPU cards. What matters is price, and the 5970 is priced at where Nvidia usually prices their high-end single GPU cards.

As for the benchmarks, somebody wake me when Nvidia has actually released their next gen card, kthxbai.

Tesla was released and it is fermi-based. It would be logical that nvidia's set of cards would be released some time soon, within the next 1-6 months.

I'll wait for the reviews. I definitely wouldn't let something like this hold me back on buying a 5800 series card though.

Uh, no it isn't. Nothing fermi-based has been launched yet. Tesla is just the HPC equivalent of GeForce - in and of itself it doesn't identify any particular card or generation. On Nvidia's website for the Fermi based Tesla cards:
Availability: Tesla C2050 in early Q2 2010, Tesla C2070 in Q3 2010.
Note that they don't even have any specifications for the cards other than a range of 500-600 DP GFLOPs.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_tesla_C2050_C2070_us.html

Wow, but is the gtx380 a single gpu card? If it is, that would be amazing. Imagine a single gpu card schooling a 5970....insane. :eek:

WOAH it's the guy from my sig! :p :)

On-topic, I'd actually like to go back to an nVidia card if the GTX380/GF-100 turns out like these "rumors" show. My 5870 isn't forcing AF in some games that don't have options for it properly for me, or AA, which is pretty annoying... also having some driver issues with WOW where bushes/trees flicker in/out regardless of how things are setup (in-game or forced).

I'm also still having some green dots randomly on dark areas of my screen, just like with my first 5870 card that I RMA'd, on my 2560x1600 monitor (makes me think some kind of bandwidth issue is at play here since it doesn't do it on my 1680x1050 one). Overall I just have always had a smoother experience with nV's drivers *shrug*.

I'll probably sell my 5870 off once the release date of Fermi becomes clearer and actual performance is confirmed more solidly.

Yeah, I think we all pretty much expect Nvidia to "put the screws on" ATI.

I would love to see it happen. The companies trading blows for top spot benefits us consumers. But, not convinced with the e-penis graphs.

That's just graphs. They don't even list the specs of their PC. I'll hold judgement until they get these cards in reviewers hands. Nvidia now has a 4-6 month delay after ATI to make their cards better, we'll see how every thing shakes out when ATI releases their refresh right after Fermi.

Performance seems unrealistic. I don't think anyone really expects the GTX 380 to surpass the 5970 with far fewer total transistors.

But competition is a good thing. So please, DO buy 5xxx series cards - we gotta get ATI's market share back up so they can really get back into the fight ;)

Well technically i have 4x cypress cores in my rig, so I think I've contributed enough on my end! :D Who else is gonna step up?

PS I love 'mysteriously leaked' vaporware benches. =)

Well technically i have 4x cypress cores in my rig, so I think I've contributed enough on my end! :D Who else is gonna step up?

PS I love 'mysteriously leaked' vaporware benches. =)

I'll pass...buying high-end right now at above MSRP for a performance increase that I won't be able to see isn't my style.

I'll wait for Fermi to be released, more graphically demanding games and the price reduction competition makes. Then i'll decide on what card, if any, i'll upgrade to. :cool:

Wow, but is the gtx380 a single gpu card? If it is, that would be amazing. Imagine a single gpu card schooling a 5970....insane.
You mean like how the 4870 compared likewise to a 3870X2?

These slides are fake. Look at actual Nvidia PR slides and they aren't formatted like this...

Not to mention they do the whole scaling thing (like 1.8x / 1.6 x / 1.4x the speed of cards etc.), not actual FPS numbers

Plus, these were posted 3 days ago here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18089093

These graphs were originally posted in a forum by a guy with the user name of "successful troll"... and Guru3d made a big deal out of this

OP should edit the post to reflect that knowledge. The internet didn't create the age of information... more like the age of misinformation!

So fake..:p

(I state this based on the THG link with the troll guy having the same results in a clearly fabricated fake set of THG benchmark result images)

Last edited:
i saw the review and i wasn't that impressed with it, not much faster than a gtx 295... i don't game too much, maybe i should get a 295 for myself, i have an old 260!

Last edited:
But I also wonder if they can so easily beat the ATI cards like that, why aren't they publicly releasing performance numbers? Literally half the people I know are getting a new 5xxx series ATI card for the holidays this year, and I would assume many would put those plans on hold if they knew it was just going to be replaced as the new top-tog pretty quick with Fermi. I would think nvidia would jump at the chance to ruin ATI/AMD holiday sales.

Perhaps this "leak" is exactly that.

Still ordering the 5970 without even the slightest semblance of regret.

Except if it were a proper leak, then NVidia should know by now that the only reason that people aren't in absolute awe of Fermi is because of 2 reasons: 1) doctored/shopped graph, and 2) Fermi prices and availability. So, given that it seems obvious now the cat's out of the bag there's no way to shove it back in again, they should have capitalized on this opportunity and taken the chance to prove that NVidia customers shouldn't have anything to worry about from those two fronts (the first may be easier than the second...).

You got the money, it's a great card. I wouldn't regret it. This could all be hogwash any way.

Oh and when you buy bleeding edge stuff, especially when it comes to graphics cards, you have to expect large price drops within 6 months, and a better video card just around the corner. That is just the nature of the business.

You got the money, it's a great card. I wouldn't regret it. This could all be hogwash any way.

Oh and when you buy bleeding edge stuff, especially when it comes to graphics cards, you have to expect large price drops within 6 months, and a better video card just around the corner. That is just the nature of the business.

Well, i still don't regret buying my Sapphire HD5870 at launch for 319 euros (/me checks the price, yes, 349 euros at same retailer now :D).

And for "Grab your salt shakers; may be true, may be BS" - i think salt shaker is too small for this.

Back