female twitch streamers

Can anyone explain to me why people sit and watch other people play games rather than play the games themselves? The only time I've ever watched a Twitch stream was to see someone attempt a world first in Diablo 3. Other than that, and maybe watching professionals to see how they play in a competitive game, I just don't get it.

Can anyone explain to me why people sit and watch other people play games rather than play the games themselves? The only time I've ever watched a Twitch stream was to see someone attempt a world first in Diablo 3. Other than that, and maybe watching professionals to see how they play in a competitive game, I just don't get it.

I have no idea. I have checked the odd stream on twitch.tv just to see how a few games look, but nothing has held my attention for more than a minute. I don't understand how people can watch this stuff for hours at a time. I can't even watch my favourite games on this, it's not the same enjoyment as playing them.

I think the longest thing I ever watched on twitch.tv was the pax east concert, but that was music, lol.

To someone from the outside, such as myself who doesn't watch Twitch streams at all because I actually play videogames, its just someone being a stereotype.

This comic comes to mind (googled for it, first version of it I found):
aaODnol.jpg

Ha, yeah I can see how it would be like that if you don't regularly watch twitch.

For regular stream watchers the comic would be different for what kacetron is doing though. The people would be following the person that is pretending to be a retard around and ridiculing him for being a retard, then telling all their friends about this retard they found and getting them to follow him around and ridicule him. While the entire time the person pretending to be a retard laughs maniacally on the inside at his success.

I have no idea. I have checked the odd stream on twitch.tv just to see how a few games look, but nothing has held my attention for more than a minute. I don't understand how people can watch this stuff for hours at a time. I can't even watch my favourite games on this, it's not the same enjoyment as playing them.

I think the longest thing I ever watched on twitch.tv was the pax east concert, but that was music, lol.

Same reason people watch TV and sports. For the commentary, drama, and to see how things turn out.

Same reason people watch TV and sports. For the commentary, drama, and to see how things turn out.

I'm just amazed at the following some of these streamers have received. I'm not knocking it, there's obviously a market for it given it's popularity. I just can't get into it myself.

They also have twitch streams for competitions where they have casters and everything a TV sporting event has. It is basically the same as watching football or baseball on TV. Some streams have professional production, and some are just one guy doing everything from his living room.
There are also stream shows that are basically SportsCenter but with gaming content.

Those above are what I mostly watch.

For the cases you are describing where it is just one person playing a game most of the streams are a bore to watch. The person has to have a very entertaining personality and be extremely good at a game for it to be fun to watch.

For example, I will occasionally watch Avilo play StarCraft 2. He's very good at the game (grand master league) and has a unique style of playing the game that I find interesting because I also play StarCraft. He gets really excited when he is winning and gets really pissed off when he loses which makes him fun to watch. These two things combined make him fun to watch, if he just had one or the other I wouldn't watch.

The exception is someone who is an absolute top player of a game that I play. For example if Jae-Dong is playing I will watch for a while even though he doesn't show himself or talk on stream. This would be like watching Michael Jordan play pick up games. If you are really into basketball you would probably enjoy it.

Typically when I watch these types of streams I'm only half-paying attention and multitasking so they don't have my full attention, whereas the professionally done tournaments and shows do.

I'm just amazed at the following some of these streamers have received. I'm not knocking it, there's obviously a market for it given it's popularity. I just can't get into it myself.

Legend has it that there's this autistic faggot named PewdiePie on youtube that has millions of followers. If you watch one of his videos you would instantly want to punch him in the face for being a pretend retard and the morons that love him for it.

PewDiePie's audience is mostly under-16 teenagers though. When you're that age, you tend to like bottom of the barrel humor.

Don't bother, all the alpha males here will try to explain it away or say stuff like "Just deal with it". They don't care how much women are sexually harassed.

Nay dude I get pissed when people harass a legit female streamer who's actually doing her job and playing a game. This chick is NOT in that category.

Do you watch sports? That's watching someone play a game instead of you playing it. Same mentality.

On second thought, most female streamers = attention whores.
On third thought, most male streamers = attention whores.

Yup....

Women I get.. They do what they do..

But the men? Why in the world would some damn grown man want attention on the net? Beyond me...

I can't believe some of these fuckers get paid to stream. Their room looks like shit, they look like shit, yet they get money just because a lot of people are watching.

I can't believe some of these fuckers get paid to stream. Their room looks like shit, they look like shit, yet they get money just because a lot of people are watching.

So you think that people who stream shouldn't get paid if they have a large viewership? What is the difference in a TV show actor getting paid for having a large following and a streamer? Advertising on Twitch pays for the streamer to do what he does. Donations are a secondary form of revenue for 99% of streamers. Ad money is the bread and butter though.

Yup....

Women I get.. They do what they do..

But the men? Why in the world would some damn grown man want attention on the net? Beyond me...

Some of the streamers have well in excess of 3,500 subscribers in addition to ad revenue and donation. A sub is $5 per month. Half of that going to the streamer and half to Twitch. Those streamers are pulling in $100.000+ per year while sitting on their butts playing video games just from subscriptions alone. Years ago ad revenue was $5/hr per 1,000 viewers per ad run. Kripp when streaming Hearthstone has 25,000+ viewers per day from 8pm to 6am. It does vary though based on the ad and can drop to $2 / 1000. Quick math on the high end says that is $1,250 per day if he only ran one ad per hour and he runs multiple ads trust me.

So tell me again. Why is streaming a bad thing?

I watch a few streams, each for different reasons, but so far no female streamers since I seriously can't deal with the bullshit in the chat with the guys that watch. Too much approval-seeking, knight in shining armor type of nonsense that just makes me sad to be a human.

I actually do watch streams for information and to get a feel for games I may be interested in, though.

substitute for television

except instead of sitting in front of a TV, you're sitting in front of a PC and can possibly be doing something else while running a stream on a separate monitor

on most streams, people are are watching the personality / person. playing a game just happens to be the medium being used.

playing a game tends to require your active attention. watching a stream, does not.

I watch a few streams, each for different reasons, but so far no female streamers since I seriously can't deal with the bullshit in the chat with the guys that watch. Too much approval-seeking, knight in shining armor type of nonsense that just makes me sad to be a human.

I actually do watch streams for information and to get a feel for games I may be interested in, though.

All female streamers are bombarded with requests for pictures of a body part, flash some skin, can I urinate on you, etc. So yes, you see a lot of white knights trying to keep the chat clear. Of course most of those are dreaming that they can hook up with the female streaming unfortunately. Most female streamers have a ton of moderators though. Otherwise even if they dressed as Mother Theresa, the chat would be nothing but a cesspool of vulgarity.

Freedom of speech + anonymity + 300 or so assholes = a garbage stream without a moderator.

Let's see... So far we have "see a world first" and "see what a game looks like before buying it".

Do you really need more than that ? How about see other people's strategy in a strategy game, or even, any game that isn't completely linear ?

I watch some female streamers in CS:GO(As well as guys). I give them a fair shake. It's sad that pubescent boys can't contain themselves and have to degrade them in chat. I mean, I may think they are attractive but i'm not going to lose my mind and talk about their tits and sexually harass them. I can treat people like I would treat them in real life. I'm not trying to be some 'white knight' but I just feel bad they have to go through that crap 24/7.

Let's see... So far we have "see a world first" and "see what a game looks like before buying it".

Do you really need more than that ? How about see other people's strategy in a strategy game, or even, any game that isn't completely linear ?

For that type of stuff, I prefer movies. I prefer to be able to rewind and freeze at specific areas than a live stream. Streaming is useful though if you want to interact with a person to have them test out something.

But I'm not a big fan of streaming in general as I prefer to watch the game and not the person. No offense, but I find women to fall into the category of attention whores more often than men when streaming. And then they wonder why they're getting a lot of negative/sexist feedback.

I guess this would be like a dude doing sewing streams with his dick bulging out in-yo-face?

I watch some female streamers in CS:GO(As well as guys). I give them a fair shake. It's sad that pubescent boys can't contain themselves and have to degrade them in chat. I mean, I may think they are attractive but i'm not going to lose my mind and talk about their tits and sexually harass them. I can treat people like I would treat them in real life. I'm not trying to be some 'white knight' but I just feel bad they have to go through that crap 24/7.

The inherent problem is that men (people) have these thoughts, and the internet was supposed to be that magical place where you could vent them. In our disgustingly-PC world, there NEEDS to be place that one can vent. Just like every other male created group/club/invention/technology, women feel the need to be included but then also change it when they don't like how it functions. Many of them have this crazy notion that guys don't trash talk one another. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

Company/Group changes the rules, they make it "safe" for everyone, guess what? The masses move on to something else, that then gets popular (for not having all the restrictions), and guess what? The ones who were left behind in their "wonderful" community come knocking on the door, poking their head in, wanting to be a part of it... and the cycle continues again.

Oh for fucks sake. Alright, fine, i'll bite this troll bullshit.

On the topic of "female 'gamers'" or whatever title, or label, or whatever anyone wants to assign a core group of, they will; if certain males, or even females (gasp, females dissing females? WTF?? amirite?), want to call one person a slut or bitch or [insert any one of the insulting, degrading words to describe someone you don't like and want to be as dickish as possible in that expression.], then they will find *any excuse/rationalization* in doing so.

If I want to call Kacytron a slutty camgirl who just uses her HUGE TITS oh, I mean, cleavage. oh I mean her gaming proficiency, to attract regular viewership (for whatever purpose that may actually have; either self-esteem/confidence boosting, or monetary), than what's to stop her from doing so? I mean really - she's not breaking any laws, isn't violating any international treaties or some bullshit - no one is gonna call the cops here. I mean, besides the white knights trying to look after her safety in not being exploited, or the nice guys claiming misandry when she ignores their pitiful passive aggressive sexual advances, or equally as jealous women who feel inferior to her huge breasts, or [insert any other reason.]

It's drama, and not just regular "he said, she said" drama we ever-so-love in our normal in-real-life lives, this is like, nex-level "if I don't like [insert any one or more people who i don't like for whatever reason] than i'm going to write articles on our gaming opinion blogs, and post in [person you don't like]'s channel, being a complete wanker, than circle jerking it with people who agree with you.

So she has huge tits, and so what if she streams in obviously "have the camera centered down on my huge tits when I could just as easily center the camera on, like, you know, my her face like normal streamers", and so-fucking-what if she IS ACTUALLY doing this to make all the internet nice-guys wet and horny and desperate enough for female acknowledgment to drop some serious enough coin, while claiming that she isn't doing exactly that and is a victim of male-glare or whatever? I say: Good for her, ya know?

Oh for fucks sake. Alright, fine, i'll bite this troll bullshit.

On the topic of "female 'gamers'" or whatever title, or label, or whatever anyone wants to assign a core group of, they will; if certain males, or even females (gasp, females dissing females? WTF?? amirite?), want to call one person a slut or bitch or [insert any one of the insulting, degrading words to describe someone you don't like and want to be as dickish as possible in that expression.], then they will find *any excuse/rationalization* in doing so.

If I want to call Kacytron a slutty camgirl who just uses her HUGE TITS oh, I mean, cleavage. oh I mean her gaming proficiency, to attract regular viewership (for whatever purpose that may actually have; either self-esteem/confidence boosting, or monetary), than what's to stop her from doing so? I mean really - she's not breaking any laws, isn't violating any international treaties or some bullshit - no one is gonna call the cops here. I mean, besides the white knights trying to look after her safety in not being exploited, or the nice guys claiming misandry when she ignores their pitiful passive aggressive sexual advances, or equally as jealous women who feel inferior to her huge breasts, or [insert any other reason.]

It's drama, and not just regular "he said, she said" drama we ever-so-love in our normal in-real-life lives, this is like, nex-level "if I don't like [insert any one or more people who i don't like for whatever reason] than i'm going to write articles on our gaming opinion blogs, and post in [person you don't like]'s channel, being a complete wanker, than circle jerking it with people who agree with you.

So she has huge tits, and so what if she streams in obviously "have the camera centered down on my huge tits when I could just as easily center the camera on, like, you know, my her face like normal streamers", and so-fucking-what if she IS ACTUALLY doing this to make all the internet nice-guys wet and horny and desperate enough for female acknowledgment to drop some serious enough coin, while claiming that she isn't doing exactly that and is a victim of male-glare or whatever? I say: Good for her, ya know?

amen brotha, amen.

The inherent problem is that men (people) have these thoughts, and the internet was supposed to be that magical place where you could vent them. In our disgustingly-PC world, there NEEDS to be place that one can vent. Just like every other male created group/club/invention/technology, women feel the need to be included but then also change it when they don't like how it functions. Many of them have this crazy notion that guys don't trash talk one another. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

Company/Group changes the rules, they make it "safe" for everyone, guess what? The masses move on to something else, that then gets popular (for not having all the restrictions), and guess what? The ones who were left behind in their "wonderful" community come knocking on the door, poking their head in, wanting to be a part of it... and the cycle continues again.

I never looked at it this way but damn I agree with this.

Man.... If there was only a way we could not watch them on twitch. Like some kind of function that made it so we could pick and choose the streams we wanted to watch. That would be so great. Until then I guess we are forced to watch only girl gaming streams and complain everywhere on the internet about having to look at hot girls with their boobs barely covered.

Last edited:
Back