Female PCB mount ATX connectors?

Arcygenical

Fully [H]
Does anyone know where to buy - or how to get - a female ATX 24 pin connector that mounts to PCB, rather than crimps onto wires?

The Pico PSU uses one (although I'd prefer to avoid a yellow connector!) and I'd love to make use of this in a future project.

Cheers!

EDIT: on further inspection, it appears that the connector is just crimped and soldered onto a standard spaced 24 pin header. Bah, I guess I'll have to do the same thing.

Still, suggestions are welcome.

The ATX connectors are Molex Mini-fit Jr's, so look on their website to see if there is anything that you could use.

The ATX connectors are Molex Mini-fit Jr's, so look on their website to see if there is anything that you could use.

Pretty sure this is what your looking for, now to find somewhere to buy it.
Molex Mini-fit 0039288240

Digikey.com and Mouser.com would be good bets but its pretty hard finding anyhting sense they have thousands of differant connectors to search thru.

That's the male end. As far as I can tell, Molex doesn't make female ends for PCBs, it's designed to be a wire-to-board system. Someone else might make a compatible connector.

On DK and Mouser you can just search by the manufacturer's part number.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it's the other way around. The picoPSU has the male side, and the side that would be soldered to the mobo is female (think about what goes inside of what). If you want the PSU side of the plug (rather than the mobo side), I know MicroCenter carries them as part of the wire-sleeving accessories section- crimping required. The mobo piece is harder to find, unless you've got a dead mobo lying around anywhere.

You're misunderstanding. Inside the ATX connector you plug into the motherboard, the metal bits are receptacles, and the motherboard side has the pins. The shroud gender isn't important.

You're misunderstanding. Inside the ATX connector you plug into the motherboard, the metal bits are receptacles, and the motherboard side has the pins. The shroud gender isn't important.

+1.

So if your needing the pins then frozencpu.com has them as well as male and female connectors. I am still not 100% sure of what your looking for, just trying to help where I can, sorry.
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g51...tors-Connector_Pins-Connector_Pins-Page1.html for the pins and
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g51/c379/list/p1/Connectors-24_Pin_Connectors.html for the connectors.

theres also special tools for removing the pins which will help greatly if your replacing pins as well as the crimping tool. i believe frozencpu has those as well.

Back