Female Linux Dev Calls It Quits Over 'Toxic' Community

We hold them to a higher standard? Since when? If you are one of those three and cheat, get caught driving while drunk or on drugs, do anything illegal... that is fine we understand that not everyone is perfect.

You go do half the shit that any NFL player does and see how long before you end up in jail.

I'm talking about the social aspect, not the privileged aspect. If a politician swears and it's caught by a microphone, we act all faux-outraged. There are plenty of stories about athletes and actors who got in major trouble because they gave their opinion on a matter.

I'm not stating I agree with all of it, and I do agree with much of Linus's overall message, but I disagree with him on trying to be professional.

I just have to wonder what the trigger was for this whole current iteration of womens this, womens that, womens this that n more social justice movement.

I don't remember any of this kind of stuff being discussed even a year ago.

It all smells like a political stunt. Given we're in the ballpark for the elections, i have to wonder presidential candidate started all of this.

It's been going on for a lot longer than that. Gamergate was just over a year ago at this point.

Do you think anyone would really call out Linus on some of his idiotic decisions? And if they do, do the majority of Linux zealots say, hey, maybe Linus is wrong, or do they defend him?

They do all the time. Have you seen any of his public Q&As on YouTube? Quite a few people come forward to criticize him (usually on this issue), to the sounds of roaring applause.

For the most part the mailing list is perfectly ordinary. There are just some occasional spats that some people love to blow out of proportion because they're drama queens.

The far, far more important issue is the political and bureaucratic problems of getting a patch accepted upstream.

More SJW nonsense. Stop being a professional victim and maybe people will treat you better.

(And don't get me started on the fact that the landwhale Randi Harper seems to be involved in this based on the comments).

Back