Feenix Autore Mechanical Keyboard $129

CruisD64

2[H]4U
Hey all. I dunno if this is regular price now, but its worth mentioning. $129 for the Feenix Autore. Not at all hot, but warm at least.

This is hands down my favorite keyboard I've ever used. It doesn't have all the fancy macros or volume wheels or lights...just a barebones keyboard that is beautiful and a joy to type on. I've had a K70, Das 4 Ultimate, Ducky Shine 3, Leopold FC200 and this one takes the cake (second favorite was the Das which I still regularly use).

Customer service is fantastic too! Recently I dropped an open pair of scissors on my space bar which made it really ugly (I dropped it and tried to catch it and ended up stabbing the spacebar) and they sent me a new one free of charge. Luckily nothing else on the board was damaged. I didn't even have to pay for shipping. Anyway, it still may seem pricey but if you've been eyeing it, might be worth it now. That being said, I've seen it as low as $99 before, but only once.

Feenix Autore- Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Silkscreen ABS keycaps? Pretty lame for a pseudo primo KB. Double shot PBT is where it's at.

Silkscreen ABS keycaps? Pretty lame for a pseudo primo KB. Double shot PBT is where it's at.

Do a lot of new keyboards come with doubleshot PBT from the factory? Keyboards like the DAS and Filco's for example which command a similar price to this come with ABS as well. Not arguing that PBT is better, just saying...

Do a lot of new keyboards come with doubleshot PBT from the factory? Keyboards like the DAS and Filco's for example which command a similar price to this come with ABS as well. Not arguing that PBT is better, just saying...

The thing is, you can get a lot of gaming keyboards these days, which have many more features (including media keys and such) for less or the same price as this... with the same switches. I don't really understand the point of these simple keyboards that command a high price. I mean it doesn't matter if you use a featureset, the point is that it's available if you need it. Some of them go low enough to where you could buy the keyboard and then go buy a set of nice keycaps and have the price difference eat some of the cost.

Maybe it's just me. I'm all for minimalism where it saves me money, but I don't understand it where it costs me more money.

The thing is, you can get a lot of gaming keyboards these days, which have many more features (including media keys and such) for less or the same price as this... with the same switches. I don't really understand the point of these simple keyboards that command a high price. I mean it doesn't matter if you use a featureset, the point is that it's available if you need it. Some of them go low enough to where you could buy the keyboard and then go buy a set of nice keycaps and have the price difference eat some of the cost.

Maybe it's just me. I'm all for minimalism where it saves me money, but I don't understand it where it costs me more money.

Part of it is also the construction of the keyboard, plate vs board mount switches would be an example of this, then the chassis material and finish can increase costs as well. I'm not saying that stuff makes up for the entirety of the price difference, but it can add to it.

Part of it is also the construction of the keyboard, plate vs board mount switches would be an example of this, then the chassis material and finish can increase costs as well. I'm not saying that stuff makes up for the entirety of the price difference, but it can add to it.

Precisely. The build quality of this board is second to none and the finish is spectacular. Not to mention it doesn't show fingerprints. You get a corsair, and it looks like crap a week after you buy it.

Anyway, I understand media keys being a factor as sometimes I do wish this keyboard had them, but 99% of time I don't use them and had a place for my Das. All in all, I guess the build quality and looks is what would be the determining factor in picking this keyboard up. It's obviously personal preference for everyone which is why we choose 1 over the other. The reason for this thread was simply because it was $20 cheaper than usual.

You gotta admit though, it is pretty! :) Here's mine with my Filco wristwrest.

Attachments

• IMG_20160615_125401.jpg
    IMG_20160615_125401.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 40
Back