Feedback on new input device / mousepad

Raudulfr

2[H]4U
Hello,

My BD is coming up so I decided to buy myself some new shiny input devices to replace my old POS keyboard and "worn off" mousepad :)

I thought about the following:

* Flexiglow Cyber Snipa Gamepad v2 (for my FPS gaming) + Logitech Access 600 (for general use, alternatives?) + Cloth mousepad (QcK, Ultra-Mat Breathe X3, Corepad EYEpad? Or are they all the same?) and I'll keep my trusty MX510.

Or I could just buy:

* Steelseries 6G (meh... $120 for a keyboard)

What do you think?
(Saitek Eclipse is not available and I don't like the Logitech G11/G15)

Lite-on keyboard 5$
5$ Mouse pad
Was better then my G15 From logitech.

Some Razor mouse maybe?, I dunno enough about your current mouse to know the comparison to the razors.

Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard is really nice and it is cheap too. Best bang-for-buck keyboard I have ever bought. 2nd would be a Creative Media keyboard but that one was PS2 only and not USB. I had a Saitek Eclipse and didn't like it all that much. The laser etching wore off real quick and the lights turned out to be more eye candy than serving any real purpose. Action of the keys was pretty good though but I have big hands so prefer the large keys the MS Comfort Curve 2000 has and it has good action on the keys too.

MX510 is same mouse as the venerable MX518 but without the DPI control. I have MX518 and I rarely change the DPI setting. Sometimes I change it by accident though which can get annoying.

People are just going to endlessly spew out their subjective ideas of that makes a good mouse and mouse pad, when it fact it really comes down to what you like.

Go to the store.

Mousepad = Kyle's own Ratpadz XT </discussion>

As someone mentioned earlier, the Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 is the best keyboard ever... for only $12 or so from the egg. you can't beat it.

Thanks for all the comments! :)

Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard is really nice and it is cheap too. Best bang-for-buck keyboard I have ever bought. 2nd would be a Creative Media keyboard but that one was PS2 only and not USB. I had a Saitek Eclipse and didn't like it all that much. The laser etching wore off real quick and the lights turned out to be more eye candy than serving any real purpose. Action of the keys was pretty good though but I have big hands so prefer the large keys the MS Comfort Curve 2000 has and it has good action on the keys too.

As someone mentioned earlier, the Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 is the best keyboard ever... for only $12 or so from the egg. you can't beat it.

But I heard that its space bar is really bad. Loud and lousy. Is it?

Thanks for all the comments! :)

But I heard that its space bar is really bad. Loud and lousy. Is it?

No louder than any other keyboard I've ever owned...

They are really durable... the one on my primary rig is a few years old now... and they are what I buy for my company... haven't had a broken one yet and I've been getting them for over a year. Probably a 2 dozen in circulation around here.... including mine which gets abused all day.

They're much healthier for your hands too as it has a slight enough curve to be natural... but not obnoxious like those sgemented keyboards that used to be popular.

No louder than any other keyboard I've ever owned...

They complained because the space bar, in comparison with the smooth and quiet keys, is loud and a little loose.
I have to try it out for myself If I can.

IDK, I might end up getting a slim keyboard like the Logitech Ultra-Flat since I won't be using it for gaming.

I just tested the spacebar and it is a bit noisier than the keys but that's how it is with most keyboards because it is so much bigger than the keys. It's not an issue for me anyway and you won't find a better keyboard for the price.

OK guys, you've been very helpful. Just one last Q:

Are you recommending the CC2000 along with the Cyber Snipa game pad or just the CC2000 for everything + gaming? ;) Just for clarification and, again, I read that this keyboard isn't really great for gaming (keys size/placement, curve, etc).

I use the comfort curve for gaming and i love it.

and for a mousepad, hardforums own ratpadz XT... there's plenty of folks on here who will agree.

It only has a slight curve so is not an issue for me. I find it better for gaming myself because the keys are larger than average and I have big hands. If you use keyboard overlays for some games then don't get it as they only fit standard style keyboards. I don't use a programmable gaming add-on keypad with it but that is a user's choice. I don't really have room for that kind of setup anyway and I don't like loading drivers for such keyboards when most games allow you to customize your keyboard setup already. CC2000 requires no drivers to be installed like some keyboards do which is a bonus IMO.

If you want a great DIY mousemat, buy a Teflon coated cookie sheet and cut a section out of it.

On Newegg a lot of comments mention keys that stop working after a while. But I don't really know how much I can trust those comments, coming from where they come...

What about the Logitech Wave for gaming?

I have a Logitech G5 Blue mouse with the 2 thumb buttons, love it. I also have a Saitek Eclipse 2 that I love and Kyles Ratpadz XT mousepad, that combo rocks !

I love my Razer DeathAdder. Perfect fit and tracking for me. I also use an Eclipse 2 keyboard but that's mainly because it's a relatively cheap backlit keyboard with the sound controls I want. My Eclipse 1 keyboard lasted 3 years before I finally replaced it.

I use an Icemat glass mousepad which is great but I've found with the deathadder it has some tracking problems if it gets a little wet (sweat, condensation from drinks, etc). I really like it though because despite heavy use for 3 years, there is virtually no wear. Most plastic or cloth mousepads would last me 6-8 months.

On Newegg a lot of comments mention keys that stop working after a while. But I don't really know how much I can trust those comments, coming from where they come...
OK, I have to admit I've seen that. What has happened is that in Firefox my ? key becomes e', or something like that. Restart FF and it is fine again. This has only happened on Vista and not XP. Must be something to do with Vista and certain mbs maybe. On my Vista machine I can't access the keyboard during the boot process either so have to use another keyboard if I want to get into the bios. On the XP PC I have no such issue. Must be the cheap Asrock mb has an issue with the keyboard or the USB KVM I use has an issue with the Asrock mb.

OK, I have to admit I've seen that. What has happened is that in Firefox my ? key becomes e', or something like that. Restart FF and it is fine again. This has only happened on Vista and not XP. Must be something to do with Vista and certain mbs maybe.

No, what they mean is that some keys stop working, physically, as in, dead, after some time. Like they are broken.

Hmm... I found a good deal on a Zboard Merc gaming keyboard. I don't have any knowledge on this keyboard though. Is it worth it?
(The Fang costs +/- 40 &#8364; and I can get the Merc for 28 &#8364; !)

Somethings not right when I can get the FANG for $30.00 CAD and they expect you to pay 40 EURO. The Zboard Merc cost two bucks more than the FANG here. Don't know anything about the Merc but considering it doesn't cost much I would buy it and check it out if I didn't already order the FANG.

Woot! My Track IRPro just arrived at the door. Off to get it up and running.

Somethings not right when I can get the FANG for $30.00 CAD and they expect you to pay 40 EURO. The Zboard Merc cost two bucks more than the FANG here. Don't know anything about the Merc but considering it doesn't cost much I would buy it and check it out if I didn't already order the FANG.

Woot! My Track IRPro just arrived at the door. Off to get it up and running.

Ideazon products are very rare over here. It's retarded that the Merc costs more than the Fang but whatever...

Back