Feds Say Megaupload’s Entrapment Claim Is ‘Baseless’

HardOCP News

[H] News
The feds have released a statement today regarding allegations of entrapment made by Megaupload. The full statement reads "Kim Dotcom is full of crap." ;)

“Megaupload’s allegations are baseless, as even a cursory review of Megaupload’s pleading and the search warrant materials at issue disproves the allegation that the government misled the court as part of a conspiracy to entrap Megaupload,” the government wrote, adding: “Yet Megaupload does not cite a single communication between the government and Megaupload or a single instruction from any member of the government to Megaupload; there are none.”

Of course there are none now. You don't expect one side to keep evidence against itself now do you? :p

Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't part of dot com's legal briefing state specifically that there was no direct contact on purpose, to prevent/lessen the risk of a leak during the investigation phase?

If that's as I remember it, the govt's statement means jack and shit, and jack dun left town...

Failing to destroy evidence after their ISP is told about an investigation is now a crime? Good to know.

I really love the irony of this whole thing of a government who passes laws to give immunity to all it's big corporate interests that makes them literally "sue-proof" based upon the actions of any of it's users yet goes after Megaupload based upon the actions of it's users.

"What you will hear may shock and discredit you. And that truth is as follows... I was never wearing a tie at all!"

"Feds say"...right there I knew for sure they were lying!

I have certain rules I live by. My first rule: I don't believe anything the government tells me - George Carlin

"Feds say"...right there I knew for sure they were lying!
Quote:
I have certain rules I live by. My first rule: I don't believe anything the government tells me - George Carlin

...but, Goerge Carlin was a comedian not a philosophor or intellectual as in your quote. That could be known as a thing called a "joke"

...but, Goerge Carlin was a comedian not a philosopher or intellectual as in your quote. That could be known as a thing called a "joke"

Funny, I think he was both. Also, he meant it, it was obvious! But thanks anyway.

Funny, I think he was both. Also, he meant it, it was obvious! But thanks anyway.

He's not a very credible source. I mean, obviously there's a little bias:

During this time he began working as a disc jockey at radio station KJOE, in the nearby city of Shreveport. He did not complete his Air Force enlistment. Labeled an "unproductive airman" by his superiors, Carlin was discharged on July 29, 1957. During his time in the Air Force he was court martialed three times, and also received many disciplinary punishments.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Carlin

I also can't figure out if he has any sort of higher education. I'm thinking he was done with education after high school.

I can't/don't take anything you say seriously anymore. Trolling is wasting everyone's time including your own.

Originally Posted by chockomonkey
From what I've seen, it's only the Comedians who bother to speak the truth.
I agree. The people telling me comedians aren't telling it like it is or credible are probably the same people watching the President/politicians speak thinking it's nothing but the truth.

I'll keep watching Jon Stewart, they can watch Bill O'Reilly.

From what i've seen, it's only the Comedians who bother to speak the truth.
Not neccesarily, but the Comedians are the only ones that get a lot of people to listen to it.

That's one of the reasons Al Franken is doing so well right now.

I can't/don't take anything you say seriously anymore. Trolling is wasting everyone's time including your own.

I don't think it's a good idea to take anything anyone says seriously so you're on the right path to true enlightenment, Skribbel-y wisdom, or something like that. However, all the information I presented was simply factual. George Carlin has a history of poor professional performance in a government institution which might give one the idea he's got a certain bias AND he doesn't have any sort of higher education.

Finally, it's important, I think, to consider one final thought. If one feels compelled to bolster credibility of an idea by pulling out of context, a quotation of another, then the thought which requires bolstering is not free-standing, self-supporting, or independently credible. Great thoughts and ideas are those which needn't rely upon a well-known name or the appearance of celebrity endorsement. The agreeable nods of others will be evidence enough of the significance.

Oh, and totally don't take that seriously either. :D

George Carlin has a history of poor professional performance in a government institution which might give one the idea he's got a certain bias AND he doesn't have any sort of higher education.

Makes him quite credible in my book :)

It's the feds that are "full of crap". The release of this so-called statement is nothing more than a diversion. There is something on the Megaupload servers that the government doesn't want people to see...something so very damning that this entire fiasco got created. The truth goes back to Assange and Wikileaks. This is about secrets that government will go to great lengths to keep secret.

Since when do you have to have a piece of paper from a university to ponder and comment on the way our society (and/or government) functions?

Oh, and totally don't take that seriously either. :D

Done, because none of that applied, was factual, or even made any sense in my book. First, indoctrination doesn't make one neither credible nor wise. The rest of what you wrote just reaffirmed my stance on your troll life style :D

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Einstein

Don't you know that academia these days has become a business? How else would Bush Jr get a degree?

At work, I have supervisors that have degrees that can't spell. When spellcheck fails, we can't but laugh.

But, what do I know? "I'm a stupid, lazy union worker."

Authoritarian followers, according to Altenmeyer, are people who follow status and title over reality, just like what happened with this financial mess.

Carlin was anti-authoritarian. His routines show a lot of insight into the issues of the government and corporations, unlike some who rebel against authority for no logical reason at all.

Don't you know that academia these days has become a business? How else would Bush Jr get a degree?

At work, I have supervisors that have degrees that can't spell. When spellcheck fails, we can't but laugh.

But, what do I know? "I'm a stupid, lazy union worker."

Authoritarian followers, according to Altenmeyer, are people who follow status and title over reality, just like what happened with this financial mess.

Carlin was anti-authoritarian. His routines show a lot of insight into the issues of the government and corporations, unlike some who rebel against authority for no logical reason at all.

spelling has little to do with how smart one is
Einstein was bad at basic math

As well as spoke slowly when he was younger which made people/teachers think he was just slow. Also...
In late summer 1895, at the age of sixteen, Einstein sat the entrance examinations for the Swiss Federal Polytechnic in Zurich (later the Eidgenössische Polytechnische Schule). He failed to reach the required standard in several subjects, but obtained exceptional grades in physics and mathematics.[22]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein

No, he wasn't. He was brilliant and self directed at studying math, and doing geometry at 10 years old. He was just singularly focused, and didn't pay attention to subjects that didn't interest him, which is why people report that he was "dumb" in some form or another and had problems in school.

But back to the subject at hand, I'm not sure how this can be seen as anything other than entrapment.

Done, because none of that applied, was factual, or even made any sense in my book. First, indoctrination doesn't make one neither credible nor wise. The rest of what you wrote just reaffirmed my stance on your troll life style :D

High schools and indoctrination I'd agree with. Higher education promotes critical thinking and in-depth analysis resulting in sometimes obvious conversational quality divisions between the "haves" and "have nots" of education. Generally speaking, those who do not seek additional education frown dubiously at the value of it and attempt to downplay the importance or significance. It's no more unnatural or unexpected than someone touting the features of a new car they've just purchased or their ninth Windows 8 tablet computer.

Nonetheless, college educated people tend to have higher-order mental functionality at their disposal and generally produce more income. Whether the effects of college are to bolster intellect and enhance potential income or to merely attract those already predestined to excel compared to their peers is a matter of debate, but, origins aside, there's quite a bit of supportive evidence available in favor of additional education and relevance to what modern society considers success.

Trusting a celebrity of any sort as a foundation for forming fundamental opinions regarding elements of society, government, or economics strikes me as no less flawed than boosting credibility by quoting someone outside of context. Of course both things happen broadly across society (just watch people as they watch and discuss news) but it's worth mentioning and makes for interesting, sometimes irresistible online discussions that will invariably yield no useful returns aside from distracting one from more productive pursuits.

It's one of the best selling points of being a Skribbel that's right behind stuff like picking the best place to eat out on short notice and never leaving home without a way to unlock the door when coming back.

High schools and indoctrination I'd agree with. Higher education promotes critical thinking and in-depth analysis resulting in sometimes obvious conversational quality divisions between the "haves" and "have nots" of education. Generally speaking, those who do not seek additional education frown dubiously at the value of it and attempt to downplay the importance or significance. It's no more unnatural or unexpected than someone touting the features of a new car they've just purchased or their ninth Windows 8 tablet computer.

Mushrooms promote way higher levels of critical thinking in my opinion. :p So does meditation and isolation tanks. Actually, so does reading great books on your own time or plain old jogging through a city (with traffic (you might need some tony robbins playing though)) while the cops are chasing you..lol. So what! Real life experiences trump classrooms and hypotheticals any day. Higher education does great with the right variables but in today's structure it mostly means kids learn to memorize and regurgitate what the men in charge put into those very books to begin with....indoctrination. After all “history is a set of lies agreed upon.” Most of what you say is one sided/short sighted in my opinion. Example: Most people that can't attain higher education (through indoctrination) don't frown upon it, they learn to live without it, and succeed where/if possible. Huge difference!

The greatest factor in an American child's success is his fathers wealth, not his own wits. Being able to memorize things from a book of agendas doesn't lead one to having greater intuition or morals which in my opinion is way more valuable. After all fiat currency is literally cotton/linen with ink on it some men waste (in every sense) their life on stressing to gain. What you happened to leave out too is that neither wealth nor higher education make men happier, live longer, or more honestly. AKA true success! The ability to rationally understand what's truly important is way more important than explaining economics, politics, or why compartmentalization in the hierarchical structure works. Most of the happiest men on this planet and those which live the longest on average are not wealthy/educated men by any means. However fortunately for these particular men they're also not stressed by the US way of life either, the consumerism rat race we call a free market.

I'm ranting, back to the point, if I have a point anymore. Does (on average) higher education produce greater income? Sure! Graduates that had the the financial opportunity were given a chance to pass Americas standards tests and thus proved their ability to be obedient workers (to paraphrase George Carlin). Makes perfect sense and does not leave me in any awe to say the least like it used to.

I feel your way of thinking is just like the Windows 8 interface, claiming to be new, but just the same old BS repackaged. :p

Nonetheless, college educated people tend to have higher-order mental functionality at their disposal and generally produce more income. Whether the effects of college are to bolster intellect and enhance potential income or to merely attract those already predestined to excel compared to their peers is a matter of debate, but, origins aside, there's quite a bit of supportive evidence available in favor of additional education and relevance to what modern society considers success.
Wow, so much, too little time. Does college increase your imagination? After all "Imagination is more important than knowledge." In my opinion greater income is usually accumulated by people willing to step on others more frequently to get what they want. You leave out variables like that. You ever heard the saying good guys finish last? I think you mistake lack of intelligence for lack of wanting to be a mercenary. After all it's usually not what you know in the professional world but rather who you know. Is this not the main component of success in reality?

Trusting a celebrity of any sort as a foundation for forming fundamental opinions regarding elements of society, government, or economics
Please! The only reason you know Obama or ever listened to him lie, I mean speak, is because he's Americas biggest celebrity. You literally miss the forest for the trees. You want me to listen to the guy with every reason to lie over the guy with no reason to lie....lol. Yes, critical thinking at its best!

.. it's worth mentioning and makes for interesting, sometimes irresistible online discussions that will invariably yield no useful returns aside from distracting one from more productive pursuits.
Yes, I'll go back to caring about my surroundings and you go back to trolling.

Mushrooms promote way higher levels of critical thinking in my opinion. :p So does meditation and isolation tanks. Actually, so does reading great books on your own time or plain old jogging through a city (with traffic (you might need some tony robbins playing though)) while the cops are chasing you..lol. So what! Real life experiences trump classrooms and hypotheticals any day.

We're probably talking about different things when with respect to critical thinking. Also, college experience is not mutually exclusive of life experiences. A person who has both at their disposal is positioned to achieve more readily than one who has a perspective limited by only reaching into one or the other. The deciding factor is that a person who attends a college will also live and exist, gaining not only life experience, but additional knowledge. Real life is unavoidable and essentially a freebie that everyone gets unless they're deceased.

Higher education does great with the right variables but in today's structure it mostly means kids learn to memorize and regurgitate what the men in charge put into those very books to begin with....indoctrination. After all “history is a set of lies agreed upon.” Most of what you say is one sided/short sighted in my opinion.

Do you have a degree and can you speak from personal experience?

Example: Most people that can't attain higher education (through indoctrination) don't frown upon it, they learn to live without it, and succeed where/if possible. Huge difference!

A different spin to change the color of the statement, but the basics are still intact under the alternative word choices.

The greatest factor in an American child's success is his fathers wealth, not his own wits.[\QUOTE]

I won't argue the wealth, because it's largely true. However, there are certainly people who bend that mold. After all, wealthy people invariably have risen from poor people at some point in the past.

Being able to memorize things from a book of agendas doesn't lead one to having greater intuition or morals which in my opinion is way more valuable.

This goes back to critical thinking, but you've already somewhat missed that and don't appear to understand college learning doesn't generally centralize itself around memorization of facts. As before, morality isn't the solely owned attribute of those that haven't gone to college. All people get it (or don't) for free regardless of their educational background.

After all fiat currency is literally cotton/linen with ink on it some men waste (in every sense) their life on stressing to gain. What you happened to leave out too is that neither wealth nor higher education make men happier, live longer, or more honestly.

Intangiables are not selling points to justify not learning, but a means to allow the mind to rationalize why it made a choice. See "buying a car" in my last post.

AKA true success! The ability to rationally understand what's truly important is way more important than explaining economics, politics, or why compartmentalization in the hierarchical structure works.

Opinion regarding the important elements of existence haven't anything to do with generation of more income with a college education. The fact still stands. What you make of it with respect to your personal opinion is just that, an opinion.

Most of the happiest men on this planet and those which live the longest on average are not wealthy/educated men by any means. However fortunately for these particular men they're also not stressed by the US way of life either, the consumerism rat race we call a free market.

One can elect to be under stress or decide not to be without any relationship or connection to having or not having additional education. Lifespan is also not a relevant factor.

I'm ranting, back to the point, if I have a point anymore.

It's okay, I like it when you rant! You're fun!

Does (on average) higher education produce greater income? Sure! Graduates that had the the financial opportunity were given a chance to pass Americas standards tests and thus proved their ability to be obedient workers (to paraphrase George Carlin). Makes perfect sense and does not leave me in any awe to say the least like it used to.

Greater income...you got it! Great! :) There's no wisdom or amazing relevlation in that particular George Carlin comment. People who don't do what they're supposed to do at work don't generally stay employed. That hasn't anything to do with their educational background.

I feel your way of thinking is just like the Windows 8 interface, claiming to be new, but just the same old BS repackaged. :p

*high fives*

Wow, so much, too little time. Does college increase your imagination? After all "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

I don't know if it does or doesn't but how is that relevant?

In my opinion greater income is usually accumulated by people willing to step on others more frequently to get what they want. You leave out variables like that.

It's not possible to quantify so yeah, it should be left out of consideration.

You ever heard the saying good guys finish last?

Most people think they're the "good guy" when they're upset. They don't critically analyze the situation, relying instead on what they feel.

I think you mistake lack of intelligence for lack of wanting to be a mercenary.

No I don't. There are a lot of reasons people decide not to attend college and not all of them are within their ability to control. Intelligence isn't the only factor, but there's certainly measurable trends among those that do complete college versus those that don't.

After all it's usually not what you know in the professional world but rather who you know. Is this not the main component of success in reality?

That's not really true. New talent has to enter the workforce from somewhere and start as a relative unknown. I see a lot of people rationalize that someone else was picked for something by saying, "No one likes me," or "They knew the right people," instead of asking, "Was I really the best fit?" The answer, even if they do ask the question, usually isn't an honest one andd that sort of thing is merely a way for a person to protect her psychology.

Please! The only reason you know Obama or ever listened to him lie, I mean speak, is because he's Americas biggest celebrity. You literally miss the forest for the trees. You want me to listen to the guy with every reason to lie over the guy with no reason to lie....lol. Yes, critical thinking at its best!

What? What does Obama or politics have to do with this? I don't really pay much attention to the political landscape's individuals nor do I support any single person.

Yes, I'll go back to caring about my surroundings and you go back to trolling.

That's an easy escape mechanism and I don't mind if you use it to get out of this debate. I use it on heatlesssun pretty often by calling him obsessed and insane so I don't have to assign value to his thoughts.

We're probably talking about different things when with respect to critical thinking.
Same exact thing. You just think someone at college has to hand it to you when you graduate (exaggeration). Majority of people (in my opinion) are trying to get a grasp on it way before and way after they leave college. People that aren't in college are perfecting theirs around this time too, just not in the same way, everyone is on a different path. College != great critical thinker. Well it's not guaranteed and I believe it's overstated. I just don't think well equipped minds need a doctorate to understand simple or even somewhat complex topics in life. It's just a proven fact no one should just believe what the government states as facts and that almost all politicians are lying POS's. It's basic common sense. This is where you told me George Carlin wasn't qualified and I laughed at you. Which is now why I have to write this shit...lol.

Also, college experience is not mutually exclusive of life experiences. A person who has both at their disposal is positioned to achieve more readily than one who has a perspective limited by only reaching into one or the other. The deciding factor is that a person who attends a college will also live and exist, gaining not only life experience, but additional knowledge. Real life is unavoidable and essentially a freebie that everyone gets unless they're deceased.
I'm not saying that's not all/mostly true, I'm saying a person without having attended college can achieve the same exact thing or way more just through life and that's way more normal than you perceive it to be. It might not be so much force fed into someone but it's just as much achievable. I know plenty of college grads that do less than people that went straight from high school straight to working. I see it all the time. I know guys with their own businesses that never thought about wasting money on college and on the other hand guys with $**,000 in debt working a job they never had to go to college to get in the first place.

Do you have a degree and can you speak from personal experience?
Yes, but I don't need one to see life. I'd also tell someone close to me to really weigh the pros and cons before going to college in today's current environment too. Everyone and their mother has a degree now. From my understanding the market is saturated with degrees making them less and less relevant.

A different spin to change the color of the statement, but the basics are still intact under the alternative word choices.
It was the exact opposite.

I won't argue the wealth, because it's largely true. However, there are certainly people who bend that mold. After all, wealthy people invariably have risen from poor people at some point in the past.
Of course it's true. Most people have to work with what they get/got, not what was handed to them, and they can do great too! Take this guy George Carlin as an example. Huge limiting factors and people over come them so they should get more credit, not less. Also, we'll see every possible scenario play out with 7 billion people on the planet. 99% still suffer at the hands of the rich which is the problem, not the answer. The systems rigged, college or not! Intelligence and critical thinking skills are there whether one attends college or not. To what degree is all based on a whole lot of other shit.

This goes back to critical thinking, but you've already somewhat missed that and don't appear to understand college learning doesn't generally centralize itself around memorization of facts.
I disagree completely.

As before, morality isn't the solely owned attribute of those that haven't gone to college. All people get it (or don't) for free regardless of their educational background.
Didn't say this, I said college doesn't build these characteristics and some of the most important factors in determining a good person/employee are not what has been memorized so college doesn't make the man. Intuition does.

Intangiables are not selling points to justify not learning, but a means to allow the mind to rationalize why it made a choice. See "buying a car" in my last post.
I never said it was ever okay not to learn or go to college if you have the means. I'm talking about the others. I just said to assume people aren't learning because they're not in college or never went is foolish. You undermined George Carlin for lack of education but he made more in his lifetime than your entire family has and more than likely ever will. On top top that according to me, I haven't seen you ever make one point as solid as 101 of his. I admire his qualities no matter what some grown adult that likes hello kitty says. I'll make up my own mind. He said whatever the fuck he wanted to and was pulling around two and half million a year in his later years. Yeah, he made more than the lying no good president of the US and he literally did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. That's the real American dream in my opinion! You shrugged him off and I think you could never achieve his status if you tried ten times harder than you do right now. It seems like it's either denial or worse on your part.

Opinion regarding the important elements of existence haven't anything to do with generation of more income with a college education.
Point still stands, great wisdom and success can come without college. I know people with degrees that are dumb as shit and should never be put above men that make sense but without a degree.

It's okay, I like it when you rant! You're fun!
No, I disagree...lol.

There's no wisdom or amazing relevlation in that particular George Carlin comment. People who don't do what they're supposed to do at work don't generally stay employed. That hasn't anything to do with their educational background.
Actually there was so much more to it than that. You should watch it sometime. Just think of him as a great philosopher/millionaire that didn't have the need for college and you might hold him in higher regards, now.

*high fives*
... :p

I don't know if it does or doesn't but how is that relevant?
(shrugs) I respect people that can imagine a better world, not just have an education in maintaining the status quo.

It's not possible to quantify so yeah, it should be left out of consideration.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Most people think they're the "good guy" when they're upset. They don't critically analyze the situation, relying instead on what they feel.
Usually the guy laughing started it.

No I don't. There are a lot of reasons people decide not to attend college and not all of them are within their ability to control. Intelligence isn't the only factor, but there's certainly measurable trends among those that do complete college versus those that don't.
The answer is fiat currency, before and after.

That's not really true. New talent has to enter the workforce from somewhere and start as a relative unknown.
Climbing ladders isn't based on what you know in most cases.

I see a lot of people rationalize that someone else was picked for something by saying, "No one likes me," or "They knew the right people," instead of asking, "Was I really the best fit?" The answer, even if they do ask the question, usually isn't an honest one andd that sort of thing is merely a way for a person to protect her psychology.
I used to work in the IT department at a pretty prominent college. My boss (crazy man/smart crazy man) used to tell my he'd rather have someone work for him that kisses his ass rather than someone that doesn't kiss his ass but that knows everything that needs to be done. After all, time is on our side, or something like that. Anyway, I'm pretty sure most bosses feel the same way. My opinion of this situation had nothing to do with being overlooked for a position as he was offering me a job starting out at $45,000 a year when he said it. Anyway, smiles and ass kissing (who you know) get people a lot more than what you know. At least in my opinion anyway.

What? What does Obama or politics have to do with this? I don't really pay much attention to the political landscape's individuals nor do I support any single person.
You were talking about how George Carlin wasn't a trustworthy source for talking about politics or the government. I told you your president isn't either. Did you forget what we were originally talking about? It wasn't college, that manifested long after.

That's an easy escape mechanism and I don't mind if you use it to get out of this debate. I use it on heatlesssun pretty often by calling him obsessed and insane so I don't have to assign value to his thoughts.
I'm basing my intel off of what I've seen you state yourself. I'm not even sure when trolling became fun myself.

Back