Feds Hit LA Swatter With 46 More Charges

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Wired reports that notorious swatter Tyler Barriss was hit with 46 more charges by the feds. After allegedly swatting, and killing, Andrew Finch, Barriss was charged with involuntary manslaughter earlier this year. Barriss already spent 2 years in jail for false bomb reports, and apparently, most of the crimes he's being accused of were committed in the months right after he got out of jail. Wired claims that he intends to plead guilty to most of the charges.

Those crimes run the gamut from bomb threats to swattings to bank fraud, and several involve unindicted co-conspirators who are identified only by their Twitter handles: @Internetlord, @Tragic, @.throw, and @Spared. Prosecutors allege, for example, that Barriss called police in Dedham, Massachusetts, and claimed to be an ISIS member who had planted a bomb inside a local television station; that he swatted someone in Milford, Connecticut, at the request of @Internetlord; and that he accepted three payments of $10 each from throw in exchange for swatting people in Avon, Indiana, and Cincinnati. The bank fraud charge, meanwhile, centers on @Internetlord's alleged use of a stolen credit card to buy a NASA hat for Barriss, who was living in a Los Angeles homeless shelter at the time. (Barriss conducted his campaign of terror from the computers at a nearby public library.)

This guy is obviously one of those people who simply cannot live by any rules and is a danger to everyone as long as he is free. He should be locked up forever.

So if someone is truly unable to be rehabilitated why should I, as a taxpayer, have to support them for their entire life? Put him to work doing something or put him down. Assuming of course he is entirely incapable of rehabilitation.

This guy is obviously one of those people who simply cannot live by any rules and is a danger to everyone as long as he is free. He should be locked up forever.
He abuses the rules. There's a difference. It's worse. He is harnessing the establishment designed to protect people to terrorize them and in this case, kill them.

Rapist, murderers, and people like this should replace animals when testing products, hopefully this shit-stain enjoys prison being a dual-end cock-holster!
Sorry, if I "offend" someone with my colorful metaphors for this guy. Sad face for you.... :(

So if someone is truly unable to be rehabilitated why should I, as a taxpayer, have to support them for their entire life? Put him to work doing something or put him down. Assuming of course he is entirely incapable of rehabilitation.

You actually pay less to have someone sit in prison for life than you would for them to get the death penalty. Significantly in some cases. Not only is the trial cost generally higher, but the cost of the care for death row inmates, the cost of complying with the various checks to ensure that the person was not wrongfully convicted, the cost of making sure the inmate has constant surveillance so that they don't off themselves before the government can do so, and so on.

You actually pay less to have someone sit in prison for life than you would for them to get the death penalty. Significantly in some cases. Not only is the trial cost generally higher, but the cost of the care for death row inmates, the cost of complying with the various checks to ensure that the person was not wrongfully convicted, the cost of making sure the inmate has constant surveillance so that they don't off themselves before the government can do so, and so on.

Got some studies to back that up?

He just some brat who never became familiar with cause an effect. Namely the consequences part of that.

Something he's about to learn all about.

I get that life is cheap in the US of A but is summary execution for everyone the automatic cry of the self righteous masses?

When he gets out of prison he will be a changed boi.

He just some brat who never became familiar with cause an effect. Namely the consequences part of that.

Something he's about to learn all about.

I get that life is cheap in the US of A but is summary execution for everyone the automatic cry of the self righteous masses?

When he gets out of prison he will be a changed boi.

I'm normally one for giving people a chance to change and all that, but in this case...No, just throw him in a dark hole and forget about him. He already spent two years behind bars and went back to his shit right after being released. He's long since past the point of proving he is never going to change.

I'm normally one for giving people a chance to change and all that, but in this case...No, just throw him in a dark hole and forget about him. He already spent two years behind bars and went back to his shit right after being released. He's long since past the point of proving he is never going to change.

I had the wrong story though, this guy is not the one I was thinking of.

Doing this shit once defies description. First I need to read articles, second...

...he needs lots of big, strong hardened criminals around him. Once he starts to get toughened up by all the tender lovin' you put him in a hole.

Or put him on HRT.

I dunno what's more scary, this dude in the article, or the attitudes in the comments here.

It's as if you guys claim to be professional experts in rehabilitation and already know that's not feasible.

Shame on you all, that's not how real life works. If you want executions without any chance for rehabilitation, go to China or Saudi Arabia. Don't forget what country you're actually in...

Put him to work doing some back breaking shit. The money earned first comes off the costs of his incarceration. Anything over that goes toward helping the homeless.

If he is particularly productive, every $10K earned for the homeless is a month off his sentence.

I dunno what's more scary, this dude in the article, or the attitudes in the comments here.

It's as if you guys claim to be professional experts in rehabilitation and already know that's not feasible.

Shame on you all, that's not how real life works. If you want executions without any chance for rehabilitation, go to China or Saudi Arabia. Don't forget what country you're actually in...

Some people simply cannot be rehabilitated and do not deserve to be among the rest of society. I'm all for rehabilitation but not only does that require massive prison reform across the country (and abolishing for-profit prisons) but it does not mean that every single person is going to be able to be made to be productive members of society. This shit stain is a danger to the public. He showed no remorse after his MULTIPLE acts of attempted murder (which is what all swatting needs to be classified as) resulted in someone actually being murdered.

Already failed once, this ain't his first rodeo. He already is a convicted felon for a bomb hoax conviction, he's out on bail, facing new charges, and doing the exact same shit the moment he is out meaning his bail is revoked and he's back in lockup. Hell, this guy was doing shit while he was locked up from the prison computers.

At the time of the incident, Tyler Raj Barriss was a 25-year-old homeless man living in Los Angeles, California. Known online as "SWAuTistic", he had a criminal record,[3] and had served 16 months in Los Angeles County Jail for making false bomb threats against KABC-TV
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KABC-TV

Tyler Barriss, who is currently in jail for a fake emergency call that led to someone dying, was able to access Twitter from jail on Friday because of a software fluke. He called himself an "eGod" in his tweets and threatened to commit the crime again.

"All right, now who was talking shit?" he tweeted.
https://mashable.com/2018/04/10/inmate-tweets-jail-egod-swatting-wichita/#85dWVQD4kPqw

You want to lay shame on me for calling it the way I see it fine, I'll wear it. Shame on me, now put this waste away and save the money for people more deserving of it.

Last edited:
And stream the execution on Twitch and Youtube....
well our govenment bought a load of brand new guillotienes a few years back (was on an episode of "conspiracy theorist " with Jesse Ventura). so prob won't be too far off in the future.

will def be pay-per-view tho...

Are you a medical professional that is qualified to actually gauge if a person can or cannot be rehabilitated? Because if you're not, you have no grounds to identify that.

Some people simply cannot be rehabilitated and do not deserve to be among the rest of society. I'm all for rehabilitation but not only does that require massive prison reform across the country (and abolishing for-profit prisons) but it does not mean that every single person is going to be able to be made to be productive members of society. This shit stain is a danger to the public. He showed no remorse after his MULTIPLE acts of attempted murder (which is what all swatting needs to be classified as) resulted in someone actually being murdered.

Back