Feds Found Manning-Assange Chat Logs on Laptop

HardOCP News

[H] News
Normally we try to avoid this whole Wikileaks fiasco unless there is something new in the case and, as far as I can tell from this Wired article, this is pretty big news. So much for Assange claiming he never had contact with Manning. :eek:

A government digital forensic expert examing the computer of accused WikiLeaks source Bradley Manning retrieved communications between Manning and an online chat user identified on Manning’s computer as “Julian Assange,” the name of the founder of the secret-spilling site that published hundreds of thousands of U.S. diplomatic cables.

Ut oh. The jig may be up there Julianne..

That

Or the government manufactured data.

/tinfoilbodyarmor

Least he didn't crash any droids in the desert. Shortly after war in iraq is over and osama bin laden is dead. kim jon il is dead. maybe the wikileaks were not so bad? # of US soldiers d dyeing per day/month is down too?

Least he didn't crash any droids in the desert. Shortly after war in iraq is over and osama bin laden is dead. kim jon il is dead. maybe the wikileaks were not so bad? # of US soldiers d dyeing per day/month is down too?
What....

It somehow figures to discover that Manning would use a Mac..:/ (Just had to say that...;))

Seriously, what a stupid kid--to waste his life in such a ridiculous fashion. He's the perfect dupe for shills like Assange, and I could almost feel sorry for the dope--except that he's a grown man and when the military puts you in sensitive positions like his it goes to great lengths to inform you of what you'll face should you decide break your oaths and violate your government's trust. Like most crooks, though, Manning thought the rules applied to "other" people, apparently. What a rude surprise all of this must have been: "Oh! You mean my Mac's hard drive is just like everybody else's--that even if I erase the data someone who knows what he's doing can find it anyway? No--say it ain't so!" *shock* *gasp* (Manning had the right idea with his 35-layer zero-out wipe approach, but apparently not the patience to see it through. Guess he thought it would be a silly waste of time since they were never going to catch him in the first place.)

Manning was the perfect pawn. Well, aside from being far too stupid to cover any of his tracks. Seriously, using the same password for nearly everything? Initiating disk wipes but then cancelling them instead? Using real names instead of aliases? I mean, he clearly knew he needed to clean his computer but then was too lazy to follow through with it. Not once, but twice. He's yet another idealistic crusader with such a poor grasp on reality that he's blind to his obvious usage by everyone around him. Assange gets his fame and to further his ideological pursuits and the Army gets their example man for data leaking and oath breaking. And all Manning gets is a cell with Bubba who will just love his pretty boy looks. Though, Assange may end up joining him if they can find proof of coersion on his part.

This little fucker needs to be UCMJ'ed under treason while in uniform and put in front of a firing squad or hung from the neck until it pops off or both. I don't care.

Manning was the perfect pawn. Well, aside from being far too stupid to cover any of his tracks. Seriously, using the same password for nearly everything? Initiating disk wipes but then cancelling them instead? Using real names instead of aliases? I mean, he clearly knew he needed to clean his computer but then was too lazy to follow through with it. Not once, but twice. He's yet another idealistic crusader with such a poor grasp on reality that he's blind to his obvious usage by everyone around him. Assange gets his fame and to further his ideological pursuits and the Army gets their example man for data leaking and oath breaking. And all Manning gets is a cell with Bubba who will just love his pretty boy looks. Though, Assange may end up joining him if they can find proof of coersion on his part.

Apparently his lawyers said he thought he was a ladyboy. :eek:
I hope this (*#$*%&#$&*%#ing queer gets thrown in jail for the rest of his life for committing treason against his country.

Apparently his lawyers said he thought he was a ladyboy. :eek:
I hope this (*#$*%&#$&*%#ing queer gets thrown in jail for the rest of his life for committing treason against his country.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45693169/ns/world_news/#.TvKzRfJGRVg

"...Witnesses have said Manning sent an email to his sergeant expressing concern that confusion over his gender identity was seriously hurting his life, work and ability to think. Manning had created a female alter-ego online, Breanna Manning, according to testimony at the hearing..."

:rolleyes:

Anymore it seems like congress gets away with just as much treason. Seriously, National Defense Act? Might as well shove the constitution and bill of rights in a paper shredder anymore. Thats treason.

Anymore it seems like congress gets away with just as much treason. Seriously, National Defense Act? Might as well shove the constitution and bill of rights in a paper shredder anymore. Thats treason.
Funny how you need a 2/3rds majority to change the constitution, but you only need a simple majority to completely override it. How's the Sixth Amendment working out for American citizen Manning these days? And his prosecution keeps trumpeting evidence to the public via press conference while Manning rots in solitary for n years awaiting a trial.

Also, what's with people saying he committed treason? He has been charged with several crimes, none of which are treason. The last two times someone was indicted for treason in the U.S. were 2006 and 1952.

He could be charged with treason but it seems they are not going to do so. The leaking of secure documents falls under treason by the UCMJ.

Funny how you need a 2/3rds majority to change the constitution, but you only need a simple majority to completely override it. How's the Sixth Amendment working out for American citizen Manning these days? And his prosecution keeps trumpeting evidence to the public via press conference while Manning rots in solitary for n years awaiting a trial.

Ahm, bad example you give up a-lot of your constitutional rights when you join the military, its stated very clearly.

I am heartened a little bit to see a few people still know that treason and espionage are punishable offenses. By the time this has a few pages of comments, you'll have a dozen imbiciles decrying Manning's "torture" and cheerleading the gender-confused traitor. Imagine disclosing documents containing the names of secret informants simply because you're mad at the military because they don't "understand" and celebrate the fact that you are a confused, mentally-ill pervert. I hope Manning rots in military jail.

Yeah, we should all just cower under the government and let them run over us.

Government has lied to you more then any of these leaked cables, but instead of blaming them and holding people accountable youw ant to hang the guy that leaked such things instead.

Fuck humans rights, fuck the constitution, enjoy the state and don't speak out against it at all.

Yeah, we should all just cower under the government and let them run over us.

Government has lied to you more then any of these leaked cables, but instead of blaming them and holding people accountable youw ant to hang the guy that leaked such things instead.

Fuck humans rights, fuck the constitution, enjoy the state and don't speak out against it at all.

Breanna Manning ...is that you...?

.... but instead of blaming them and holding people accountable youw ant to hang the guy that leaked such things instead.

They ARE holding Manning accountable...that's why he is in custody. Unless you are saying the law doesn't apply to him. Not sure what the constitution has to do with this OR human rights either. :confused::confused:

What I mean is that while the law DOEs apply to him, the leaks showed people higher up doing things ILLEGAL and against various laws/treaties but no one has pitchforks or calls for those to be brought to justice, they instead focus on manning and even call for his death, it just baffles me how people can be so blind to want to kill someone w hile allowing the BIGGER picture to get away.

Manning is responsible, so is the military bureaucracy. It should have pre-screened all military personel before allowing them to handle sensitive and secretive information. The guys, who are doing the screening and checking, should be court marshalled.

So wait, you don't think the people detailed in the leak who did illegal things/broke treaties (IE treaty against spying in UN) should be punished, only the people responsible for leaking the info and allowing people to see the lies?

Or are you one of those people who will say "of course other contries break treaties and do things behind the blinds, so the US should as well?"

They ARE holding Manning accountable...that's why he is in custody. Unless you are saying the law doesn't apply to him. Not sure what the constitution has to do with this OR human rights either. :confused::confused:
Because "human rights" is a phrase that leftists use when there are no other sensible arguments to support their views. Just like accusations of racism, and comparing people to Hitler.

So wait, you don't think the people detailed in the leak who did illegal things/broke treaties (IE treaty against spying in UN) should be punished, only the people responsible for leaking the info and allowing people to see the lies?

Or are you one of those people who will say "of course other contries break treaties and do things behind the blinds, so the US should as well?"
Yes, because we all know that there is no such thing as spying, and only mean ole' America is the only one doing it. Are you seriously this unknowledgeable about how the real world operates, or did you learn being naive in one of our terrible indoctrinating colleges?

Yea, because God Forbid a country like America would lead itself above third world countries and actually follow TREATIES it signs.

I guess you have no problem with lying or doing the "Right thing" when it comes to leading, screw treaties and being honest, other countries do it, so it's "ok."

OTher counties also allow honor killings, doesn't mean we should accept it as well.

Well, here's the problem any time you STEAL something....

Say I have incriminating evidence in my house of a crime I have committed...then some jackass "Noble thief" breaks in and STEALS my incriminating evidence and hands it off to some other theird party piece of shit with an axe to grind.

I can now EASILY get away with MY crimes because:

A.) I was not in possession of the items in question...Mr. Noble Thief was...and he gave them to someone else.
B.) There is no telling what Mr. Noble Thief and his PoS Friend did to the evidence while in their possession.
C.) Now you can't even prove I did what I did because of Mr. Noble thief.

So, thanks to Mr. Noble thief, he fucked himself, broke the law and I will go scott free because any evidence against me has now been so tainted by third party hands that I can deny everything.

Granted you have a point there for most individual criminals, etc.

However you think the government would ever admit to the stuff released in the cables?

Back