Feds Drag Swizz Beatz Into Megaupload Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
More twists and turns in the Megaupload case.

In their most recent filing the U.S. authorities have mentioned Grammy winning rapper/producer Swizz Beatz as a potential U.S. representative for Megaupload. In response to Megaupload’s motion to dismiss based on lack of jurisdiction, the feds are trying to find a way to serve the company on U.S. soil. Beatz, husband of R&B superstar Alicia Keys, was previously listed as Megaupload’s CEO but the authorities say he is refusing to cooperate with the investigation.

I am at work so I am unable to read the source link but that won't stop me from sharing my two cents! :D

Oh U.S. .... what has become of your legal methods. As an American I feel embarrassed. They are trying to MAKE a case where none exists. I am not saying that Megaupload is innocent or anything like that. All I am saying is that they are trying to find a way around this whole bothersome law of jurisdiction. Hence, them trying to MAKE a case where they do not have one.

If you can't find a legal way to do it, find an illegal one I guess? Where have I heard that before......ohhh right!!! It's thrown at people who use torrents and pirate software. There is irony in there somewhere but I'm too lazy to find it. Whatever. We are heading to hell in a hand basket.

Have you noticed that recently all these "award winning" people, nobody, young or old has even heard of?

Well, Megaupload founder has to thank God for deciding to set up shop in NZ. Were him in a less US friendly country and he would probably get a Seal team pay him a visit at late night.

have no idea who Swizz Beatz is, and due to the warnings of the people above me, I will not be finding out

You're kidding, right? And I'm not referring to you not knowing who he is, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Until this article, I had never heard of this man. I'd heard of Alicia Keys but not of this guy, whoever he is. Seems he's useless at what he does, so that's probably why (theres also 2 different kinds of producer. One who sits in the room with you and tells you they want this stuff this way and runs the session like an engineer. Then the other kind who comes in for 5 minutes then leaves, or just talks to people and says stuff is good, and pays for it all but isn't really part of the process). I'm pretty sure I could go outside and ask the first 10 random people I came across who this guy was and not one would know, nor care. As a test, no one in my house knows, one of them even watches stuff like American Idol and award shows...

As a test, without looking it up, name the last 5 grammy winning producers?

Well I wouldn't expect too much from this forum in terms of rap, but while he is definitely not in my top producers Swizz Beatz is definitely one of the most well known producers in the rap world.

He is pretty famous as far as rap producers go, up there with timbaland and the like making music for quite a while. Dude has had a house with a helicopter pad and stuff for a long time. I had no idea he was associated with megaupload though. Also, he has made WAY more irritating stuff than the song linked above. Stuff like this here

I honestly was listening to Swizz Beats and A$AP Rocky's new song "Street Knock" when I saw this and it was so ironic. He's not great, I'm more a fan of A$AP Rocky, but Swizz Beat's been in the game since Jay-Z as they have collaborated on multiple tracks. He's more of the Featuring: Swizz Beats than he is the Swizz Beats feat... He's not good, but he's not bad.

Well I wouldn't expect too much from this forum in terms of rap, but while he is definitely not in my top producers Swizz Beatz is definitely one of the most well known producers in the rap world.
Seriously. You don't get featured in GQ magazine by being irrelevant. I guess DeathPrincess doesn't watch any commercials, he did a couple of Addidas commercials recently that were on the air for quite some time.

DP, I dont pAy any attention to the Grammys or any other music industry award show. I'm not a top 40 kind of guy As far as my musical taste are concerned.

Ya I heard of this guy. Dumbass Dany Behar, who was the CEO of Group Lotus (automobiles) made this guy vice president of "creative design and marketing". These two guys tried to turn Lotus into something it was never meant to be nor ever will be.

I'm sure Danny is sitting at home just wondering why he was fired from Lotus.

Yup, most of the comments in this thread show just how much rap the majority of this forum doesn't listen to.

People talking shit about this guy is akin to how the Federal Government is dragging him into the Megaupload case:

It's idiotic.

Most rap is just noise, really dont like it. Hence the reason I have no idea who dude is, nor do I really care. What I do care about is the way the Feds are acting over this whole thing and the way taxpayer money is being spent on stupid shit like this. Let the RIAA and their shills pay for this crap in civil court.

Back